Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Travelling Trader stupility

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by JoelForPrez View Post
    This item is not going to burn any veteran tokens, what players will do is to create a new lvl 16 character, leave tortage, and burn all vet points on trader coins then port to raid lobby and spawn trader before every raid, with 1000 tokens that some have, they can spawn a trader 200 times, once depleted they delete the character and create a new one.
    No offense, but how is the level 16 character not burning veteran tokens?

Seriously, this was created to give vets more convenience for trader access. With people complaining about bag space, we figured this would be useful for people who want to use it.

It wasn't created to be some fix for the veteran token economy.

Use it or don't use it at your own discretion.

First, i do appreciate the additional offer. Still it is a expensive for a one time use thing (whatever it does). Take a look at other veteran point rewards:
    For 5 points you get permanent stuff...even the tokens you buy are kind of permanent. So i find the complaints rather justified. The one time free feat reset potion costs 2 points afaik.

Also, what JoelforPrez said. Maybe you did not play often enough with more than one char or bought at vet trader. Let me explain...but don't you dare to change it!

Your vet points are not distributed amongst chars, they are defined by how long the account has been earning them. Thus a lvl80 char created in 2010 has the same vet points now than a new char on that account at lvl16. And this is good the way it is...first, because most things you buy are permanent. Second, this allows players to give all chars on that account a minimum standard (like horse, pets, paths etc.) thus rewarding both veterans AND increasing sub value.

And with people complaining about bag space...they are not only complaining about that...also bank space, quest space, resource space. Your shop options to expand bank and inventory are also not accountwide still. You keep adding new gear and people keep playing, this is as it should be for both parties, right? But should be obvious that people need more space to store things (both permanent low access storage (to collect, gather and keep unique things) and constant access storage (especially with more complicated encounters, different gear sets add to the players options to deal with situations) then.

So i hope you will consider the cost of that new option (maybe 2 points, like the feat reset pots? or permanent use, for 50 points even or available in shop for rl money), make more accountwide options on the shop AND most important, use either special dates (like anniversaries, crafting revamp, rl festivities etc.) to slowly increase bag space FOR FREE and for everyone (not only premium, you might have better theoretical numbers, but i am playing almost daily...and the f2p are what keeps your game alive from 1-79). It will not be to your harm...but not doing it OR even trying to charge for it again...will do harm.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 25th October 2013 at 08:03.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    First, i do appreciate the additional offer. Still it is a expensive for a one time use thing (whatever it does). Take a look at other veteran point rewards:
    For 5 points you get permanent stuff...even the tokens you buy are kind of permanent. So i find the complaints rather justified.

Also, what JoelforPrez said. Maybe you did not play often enough with more than one char or bought at vet trader. Let me explain...but don't you dare to change it!

Your vet points are not distributed amongst chars, they are defined by how long the account has been earning them. Thus a lvl80 char created in 2010 has the same vet points now than a new char on that account at lvl16. And this is good the way it is...first, because most things you buy are permanent. Second, this allows players to give all chars on that account a minimum standard (like horse, pets, paths etc.) thus rewarding both veterans AND increasing sub value.
    No I understood. Spending vet currency on a new character is still spending vet currency. Somehow the point of that example was to imply that the item fails in its "purpose" of burning vet currency.

That wasn't the purpose of the item though.

Ah, then it makes more sense.
    Still what JoelforPrez said is what might happen with core raider guilds etc.. One of them will be required to spent the extra effort to have a "tag along merchant alt" available for stuff. Others will simply buy it once or not at all...and in the whole process you miss opportunities to earn real money from that additional option (you actually spent resources on to develop and implement), since it is simply not attractive enough to add value to sub to get vet tokens at first glance. But maybe it is just a first try...on the step to "donkeys" or "travelling traders" that might be bought or appear through the world at a later stage...

Imo, if you want to add value to premium through vet additions, you need things to burn the points (like spending on charbound permanents, tokens etc.). Some things that are so good, that players think "every char of mine should have one of those!" (like horse, paths etc.).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 25th October 2013 at 08:19.

I don't know why are you spending this much time explaning something that is pretty much slef explanatory.

Its a neat little item that might come handy when in pinch and that it all. It is not supposed to be spammed or bough en masse.

Please don't get discouraged by this thread, those little additions are always welcomed.
    Retired

Have to pass a year before you came up with this useful prize That's how it is when you design items for game that you do not play.

I'm waiting for an extra exclusive violin- only for vets !

Permanent violin? Don't under estimate the power there...i would buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I don't know why are you spending this much time explaning something that is pretty much slef explanatory.

Its a neat little item that might come handy when in pinch and that it all. It is not supposed to be spammed or bough en masse.

Please don't get discouraged by this thread, those little additions are always welcomed.
    And probably just when in such a pinch you either can't summon or forgot to buy it Which would be avoided by a permanent option for a higher price...

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I can not wait for the violin ! Next PvP mini game --all ppl take from bags violins, guitars etc--let the show begin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N978bEosKGc
    Last edited by Radianek; 25th October 2013 at 08:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    And probably just when in such a pinch you either can't summon or forgot to buy it Which would be avoided by a permanent option for a higher price...
    there is a pernament option in game: its called city HUBS

There is no pernament option for Merchant summon and I see no one complaining.

And if you forgot to buy something then its just your own fault.
    Retired

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast