Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AoC is #1

DUDE ! ! Yer not suppose to mention other games by name ...

/signed none-the-less
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken ANDI ; Vorbiz was saying the Halloween content WILL be turned on tommorrow - I think u misunderstood. BUT 5-days before the holiday? Holy Hell ~ lol ~ this screams more world boss content. Probably the same thing we saw during the aniversary . /yawn
    Nope, but I expect people to complain anyway. It just seems to be the way of the world.

Maybe we could try comparing Halloween events in AoC with games that came out around the same time? Maybe that sold comparable amounts? What is happening in Warhammer Online?

How about an event where Gitbin is found dead in Khemi and one QQ'er dies every hour. You can only redeem yourself by appreciating what the developers gives us. None is safe, boooh!

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    What is happening in Warhammer Online?
    Ouch, man. The game is shutting down ;_;
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Nope, but I expect people to complain anyway. It just seems to be the way of the world.

Maybe we could try comparing Halloween events in AoC with games that came out around the same time? Maybe that sold comparable amounts? What is happening in Warhammer Online?
    Yes, tell players how AoC could be dead, that's great solution. Not sure if you're serious man. Maybe just tell us when Funcom is planning to shut down AoC as well, so we can be prepared and we will find some other nice game to play?
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    Yes, tell players how AoC could be dead, that's great solution. Not sure if you're serious man. Maybe just tell us when Funcom is planning to shut down AoC as well, so we can be prepared and we will find some other nice game to play?
    Do you really want them to spend a lot of resources on seasonal content? Let's be realistic here. AoC isn't huge. FC isn't huge. They can't throw unlimited amount of cash on us. They can't just "Oh let's make content!" and it happens. It takes time and resources.

Joel is being realistic and he is being straightforward, though it would appear that many people, including you, are unable to handle such communication. At times I wonder how he puts up with such amounts of ********.

AoC's biggest enemy is its players.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    How can he answer to trolls ?

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    At times I wonder how he puts up with such amounts of ********.
    Because we pay him? I can think of worse things I'd do for money

That said, I think it's at bit early to start the QQ even before the event has been announced.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    AoC's biggest enemy is its players.
    Yes and no. As paying consumer you would expect to fix few annoying issues this game has. But it's not happening. Also such replies are not as you say straightforward. He could have end at first sentence and not add: "Be happy you get haloween event at all. AoC could be dead" I mean... wtf. I would understand if they do that by charity, but it's business.

I personally got few issues with AoC (except of that I cannot run it at all since last patch and customer support is clueless...) but there's lots of small annoying bugs (rez pad window, minigame windows and few others) and they're just ignoring them... or do you really think it takes half a year to fix such bug?

It's Funcom's attitude to it's clients that pi** me off.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

They have tons of things to fix in TSW too, but oddly, users in TSW forums don't act like jerks every time.
    That would also explain why devs and funcom staff activity is bigger than here ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast