Thread: AoC at 1440p. Possible? Playable even?

Default AoC at 1440p. Possible? Playable even?

I’m thinking about upgrading to a 2560x1440 monitor.
    What I would like is some feedback from other players out there who have tried this resolution for AoC. I’m a bit sceptic since the UI does’nt scale. Is this a problem?
    I also wonder what kind of gfx solution you are running and what kind of fps you are getting.
    Thx for any replies 
    Last edited by Scandral; 24th October 2013 at 12:08.

I've seen some screensshots with 2560x1440, they had UI on so it should work properly.

I play at 2560 x 1440. Use a 7970 and FireUI. It's fine. FPS is varied, but mostly in the 50-60 range I suppose. If lots of particles in a raid it can go lower, or quite a bit higher when view distance isn't an issue - like in dungeons, etc. Not sure about the default UI - haven't used it in years.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Should be fine with a decent gpu and more than 2gb+ of VRAM to be comfortable, aoc is CPU intensive rather than gpu intensive.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I have a 27"@1440p with 7970 works and looks great. The visual upgrade wasn't as good as I had hoped to be honest (TSW looks markedly better from 1080p) but it still looks a lot better.
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Thx for sharing.

I should have specified that i currently run the game at 1080p and use FDS UI.

Quote Originally Posted by QoXTC View Post
    I have a 27"@1440p with 7970 works and looks great. The visual upgrade wasn't as good as I had hoped to be honest (TSW looks markedly better from 1080p) but it still looks a lot better.
    What kind of fps do you get in sag, br and tt? Do you also use AA with shadows on?