Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Make rangers switch weapon to make kb instead of kb trap

Quote Originally Posted by Aell View Post
    I'd actually like to see an end to all the traps.

We have Cripple which could arrive much earlier to replace Leghold. We have Shield Bash for Booby Trap, and there should really be a DW variant of Shield Bash.

Fire Trap... meh. We can live without it.

And at the same time, change Master Trapper to a skill that adds 20/40/60/80/100% Dex to Strength for the purposes of calculating melee damage.

In this way, a ranger is useful in melee, good at ranged DPS and doesn't have instant CCs that upset other classes and doesn't have to get that bloody Tiger sword to be dangerous up close.
    Your problem is, that you see KB trap only as a KB CC, root trap only as a root CC and not as.. well, traps. That means "fire and forget", that means leaving traps to affect some specific area at some (often) delayed time. BTW necros used to had something similiar in the form of Unholy Hands spell; it used to be AoE fire and forget snare with root when channeling, but got changed to be channeled only, which kinda killed the spell and almost no one is using anymore for the past few years.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    Your problem is, that you see KB trap only as a KB CC, root trap only as a root CC and not as.. well, traps.
    They're not fun for anyone except the ranger as "just traps". I think there is still a place for a fire-and-forget trap but not one which does damage or acts as a CC.

A stealth-breaking trap which can be dropped from stealth - now that would be useful.
    shoryuken

A stealth-breaking trap which can be dropped from stealth - now that would be useful.
    uhm, it´s in the game already, you know

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    uhm, it´s in the game already, you know
    Only as a damage or CC mechanism. Not a simple stealth-breaker.

And no traps can be laid from stealth anymore.
    shoryuken

Only as a damage or CC mechanism. Not a simple stealth-breaker.

And no traps can be laid from stealth anymore.
    well, you break someones stealth by dealing dmg or CC to him, big difference, yea and you can still lay them from stealth, only you unstealth once you do so.. but the approach to your target is still perfectly stealthy

Quote Originally Posted by Twopay View Post
    There is a warning .. He raises his right hand and u have like 2 sec to react
    2 seconds are you serious, the effect is active in approximately half a second. Personally i think that the kb trap is pretty unbalanced, any ranger can just hit a button and kb some poor hox and the quick shot pen shot and TTS = 3 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    2 seconds are you serious, the effect is active in approximately half a second. Personally i think that the kb trap is pretty unbalanced, any ranger can just hit a button and kb some poor hox and the quick shot pen shot and TTS = 3 shot.
    Actually it's pretty evident when a Ranger puts a trap down if your at range and watch for the said hand animation, the smart thing to do is not follow them in a straight line.

The only time it becomes difficult to avoid most traps is if the ranger runs into a group and instantly casts it, but what regular Ranger would waste a CC like for other people or the team? lol
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Actually it's pretty evident when a Ranger puts a trap down if your at range and watch for the said hand animation, the smart thing to do is not follow them in a straight line.
    Straight line thing is a good one. But you can hide the trap animation if you do it while doing a white hit or a finisher, which is something I always do for example.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234