Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Make rangers switch weapon to make kb instead of kb trap

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    9 seconds sprint time.
    9 sec sprint time, I doubt that. DT gets 16, barb gets 16, I don't think it is any different for ranger, but I will check later.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Demo KB, is easy to predict and rather easy to avoid once you got use to the range of it.
    Ranger trap KB is relatively easy aswell and not exactly instant. Casting it is instant, but the trap takes 1 sec to be activated. Not to mention it's usually the first CC rangers use.

Anticipation is what Delred was talking about.
    Once you get use to the range of it. What if you are a melee class. You have to be in melee range to do dps, so there is no way to avoid it. Only way is if the demo is charging me in which case I could "predict" but not watch cast bar and react like what derld said. not if he has upgraded instant version

which brings me to a guestion.. why don´t you whine about PoM insta-KB..

.. or do you as well?

KB trap I can live with, it´s the 30-ish meter linebreaker KB which is insane (CC with longest range.. well, except the ranger AA birdie silence, which is barely used these days tho). It was ok in pre-revamp, when it was in the x-bow tree (shorter range etc.), but now when rangers with bows can use former x-bow abilities (and vice versa), it´s just not balanced at all.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    Once you get use to the range of it. What if you are a melee class. You have to be in melee range to do dps, so there is no way to avoid it. Only way is if the demo is charging me in which case I could "predict" but not watch cast bar and react like what derld said. not if he has upgraded instant version
    I really cant believe this. i bet gradually you will start whining threads in every class forum.
    Demo knock is possible to avoid but its not that easy and i usually use EB if its ready, if not sometimes i managed to double tap and sometimes i dont. Ranger trap if he puts it down while you coming for him is not that hard to avoid.
    Linebreaker is also easy to avoid if you see ranger, but if he is somewhere behind while you fight and you dont see him its another story.
    But only thing that really annoys me on ranger is TTS

Just make all rangers cc being done with SS and problem solved , then you will see whos cripple and who isnt.
    Шторм-кнут

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    I don't see where Delred is talking about watching cast bare and predicting it. Anyway if you look at cast bar is much harder to react to anything rather than know what the animations look like.

But noneteless, Demos instant KB, since it's usuall the first CC they use and they try to keep range if they have it on CD you can still touble tap it. What i meant by getting use to the range of it is in order to trigger the double tap at the appropriate time. Pro tip: double tap towards the demo when you want to dodge the KB.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

The reason why rangers should swap weapons like a barb to kb, is not just because it is easy to see like barb but also because it takes a lot longer (there is a pre-load combo) and because it isn't an instant cast. I don't think rangers should be so special and have so much privileges for being so easy already.

*yawn....*
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

I think conq should have kb, stun also in dual vield bcause ppl always use cc remove on overhelm.. i need imbaass stun so they cant remove it when im doing max burst
    The Law

I'd actually like to see an end to all the traps.

We have Cripple which could arrive much earlier to replace Leghold. We have Shield Bash for Booby Trap, and there should really be a DW variant of Shield Bash.

Fire Trap... meh. We can live without it.

And at the same time, change Master Trapper to a skill that adds 20/40/60/80/100% Dex to Strength for the purposes of calculating melee damage.

In this way, a ranger is useful in melee, good at ranged DPS and doesn't have instant CCs that upset other classes and doesn't have to get that bloody Tiger sword to be dangerous up close.
    Last edited by Aell; 30th October 2013 at 11:06.
    shoryuken

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast