Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pc performance

Question pc performance

As in title. Whats the minimum performance for Pc to run AoC ,im having a bit problems in khitai ,frozens even take 5-10 sec.. right now i got
    GeForce gtx 280
    Amd athlon dual core 2.8ghz
    3gb Ram ddr2
    20mb\s net
    What should be changed? Cause playing in khitai is painfull.

Dx 9 with low quality and no shadows. If that works then sowly bump it up a little at a time until it starts stuttering.

Im playing on the lowest quality :/ but i dont want anymore.. even pvp is unplayable ,because in fight textures far behind are downloading. Without shadows ,grass. So i must chaange something

try swtiching the game to run in windowed(fullscreen) mode. it fixed a lot of issues for me.

I ran the game pretty good on GTX 260 so the issue is not your card per se
    Retired

Slith, that might have been before Dreamworld patch (march 2011)?

My Radeon HD4870 struggled after that at least.

Penndulum; I think it is your CPU that limits your game experience. I roughly doubled my fps when upgrading from a Core 2 Duo to the i7 4770k.

If it's textures that have trouble loading then try increasing RAM, I have 6 gb on my laptop and it still feels like it's not enough
    Maybe upgrade your graphics card to a best bang for buck range ($100-$200 CAD)
    Then you should modernize your cpu. i5 is definitely enough for that.

RAM is the clear problem here, 4-6gb would do it. Other than that your PC will run this game on nearly maxed settings on DX9. Just change the particles to show only your own and you'll be fine. Although you might still experience some lag in khitai areas, but it will be playable.

Just an fyi never run AoC on low settings because it runs a lot better on high settings for some reason.
    Artreborn - HoX FOREVER!!!
    PvP 6 - 8k+ Kills/2.5k+ deaths, Suicide Style!

I play with 4 gigas ram and it's kinda ok...until I play for a long time, then sometimes things start to takes times to load.

I'd say cpu is the weakest thing here. But the game beeing not installed on a SSD can cause those kind of things too.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

I used to run AoC on a worse machine than his and I ran it at max settings on DX9, as soon as I switched to lower settings I would get crazy FPS lag.
    Artreborn - HoX FOREVER!!!
    PvP 6 - 8k+ Kills/2.5k+ deaths, Suicide Style!

Bad part about the game is that it sadly almost only uses 1 core and very little on second which sadly makes GPU upgrades close to no effect at all.

Have had Ati 5870 , GTX 660ti & AMD 7950
    All have about same fps maybe max 5 fps in difference.

Running now i7 920 @ 3.6ghz with AMD 7950 which maxes alot of games with no problems.

I talked with a Guild mate today and he/she uses 2 GTX Titan Together but the thing that makes the PC run so good FPS for he/she is becaus of the cpu i think its over 5GHZ and since game is so limited to one core the game will see alot bigger FPS gain with a 4GHZ+ CPU compared to switching Graphic Cards.

I actualy think the bad use of only one core bottleknecks our GPUs or bottleknecks the Game Engine itself if we dont have realy Overclocked Cpus or PreOC Cpus 4ghz+.

I sure hope funcom could fix multicore like it said since release on the back but i dont realy have any hope for them fixing it i think its a to big task for their team to solve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast