Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprise! AoC shines once again!

Default Surprise! AoC shines once again!

So, the Unchained dungeons look absolutely phenomenal! I was afraid the loot will suck and thus the dungeons will never be played(coils/all of turan etc.) BUT the loot with a bit of tweaking will be mouth wateringly awesome! These dungeons will be played again and again like AoK unchained. I see a new movement away from 24 man raiding (which is being slowly phased out in the mmo industry aka TESO wont have it) and more into the 6man dungeoneering. But...

I know a lot (well some) of you still like to raid so I was thinking why not break raids apart into 6 mans. That is to say make 4 6man instances wherein each instance must be completed(in no particular order) throughtout the week and at the end of each instance (probably a boss) a key will drop. Then once all 4 keys are acquired you can open a chest(with all the epic loot).

Obviously, the same toons can't do multiple instances (as after completing one you will be bound). Further you would probably want unique accounts to do each instance since at the end (when going to get the chest) you would still need to form a 24 man raid group so everyone can roll for loot. This allows for a raid that can be done all at once or piecemeal with certain members present in accordance with the varying schedules for everyone in the raid. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    So, the Unchained dungeons look absolutely phenomenal! I was afraid the loot will suck and thus the dungeons will never be played(coils/all of turan etc.) BUT the loot with a bit of tweaking will be mouth wateringly awesome! These dungeons will be played again and again like AoK unchained. I see a new movement away from 24 man raiding (which is being slowly phased out in the mmo industry aka TESO wont have it) and more into the 6man dungeoneering. But...

I know a lot (well some) of you still like to raid so I was thinking why not break raids apart into 6 mans. That is to say make 4 6man instances wherein each instance must be completed(in no particular order) throughtout the week and at the end of each instance (probably a boss) a key will drop. Then once all 4 keys are acquired you can open a chest(with all the epic loot).

Obviously, the same toons can't do multiple instances (as after completing one you will be bound). Further you would probably want unique accounts to do each instance since at the end (when going to get the chest) you would still need to form a 24 man raid group so everyone can roll for loot. This allows for a raid that can be done all at once or piecemeal with certain members present in accordance with the varying schedules for everyone in the raid. Thoughts?
    AoC needs an Addon, dont u agree?
    We dont need old one's with new loot?!

I think RoS has a point; most of us already know 6-man dungeons are an industry standard nowadays ~ but AoC lacks devs and money to keep up. Enjoy what u have now while u can ~ consider AoC nostalgic and don't place bets on more content.

It's gotta be tough to be a GD and walk into work ech morning knowing you're not going to be making much head-way. It's like owning and old muscle car and not having the money or resources to finish it. Heartbreaking
    Last edited by Mustaine; 21st October 2013 at 17:41.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

The unchained dungeons and possibly ubah coils etc.(if they add better loot) will be the mainstay for AoC for a long time to come.. eventually(maybe) they may top it all off with a final T5 raid that will be the capstone for DS...but this won't happen for a very long while. Crafting will occupy a lot of peoples time when that comes as well.

The problem is simple, money. Funcom just doesn't have any (in fact they are losing it). Pray that the Lego movie in conjunction with the Lego minifigures game does stunningly well. They MAY decide to add a couple more devs and do some touchups on art etc. BUT in general I think Dragon spine(barring something miraculous) is the last BIG expansion for AoC up until Arnold's Legend of Conan movie(which recently was fast tracked by Universal and also got a writer). I see a breaking point (fizzle or revival) around that movie release.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 21st October 2013 at 17:46.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post

The problem is simple, money. Funcom just doesn't have any (in fact they are losing it). Pray that the Lego movie in conjunction with the Lego minifigures game does stunningly well...
    Got a date on that crafting revamp? Didn't think so ~

What's the point of your original post if you just talked yourself down in your last reply?

/signed
    Baffled
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

I'm being realistic on what they can or can not do. They WILL do another expansion like turan when the movie comes out (HUGE free marketing, especially if the movie strikes a cord like the original) and I suspect that a raid won't exist (like temple of erlik). Rather a series of closely correlated 6mans like in my OP , which is what's happening with the upcoming UC dungeons(see TL forums), will be the main focus for the movie expansion. It could very well have some better gear then T4 since the expansion must be purchased.

Whatever they do, they should not touch the normal mode versions of dungeons. They have already messed up with Amphitheater too much that everyone asked to revert it.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Whatever they do, they should not touch the normal mode versions of dungeons. They have already messed up with Amphitheater too much that everyone asked to revert it.
    Well, to be honest, they can pretty much mess up whit whatever they want in Scorpion cave, I won't be worse that the normal mode. Seriously, we have tons of really great 6-man for all level, with terrific artistic design and sometime awesome mechanics, but... we also have Scorpion cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Well, to be honest, they can pretty much mess up whit whatever they want in Scorpion cave, I won't be worse that the normal mode. Seriously, we have tons of really great 6-man for all level, with terrific artistic design and sometime awesome mechanics, but... we also have Scorpion cave.
    Scorpion Caves are fun. ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast