Thread: character decision

Question character decision

Hello I'm looking to return to AOC after a much needed break. However I'm going to role a new character on either Fury or Rage server. What would be the most challenging character type to PVP with at the moment, and what is the character that is the least seen on either server. Any advise would be much appreciated. I'm looking for a challenge Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bearlife View Post
    Hello I'm looking to return to AOC after a much needed break. However I'm going to role a new character on either Fury or Rage server. What would be the most challenging character type to PVP with at the moment, and what is the character that is the least seen on either server. Any advise would be much appreciated. I'm looking for a challenge Thanks
    Welcome back! It seems that these days Id say probably BS, Hox and Barb are three classes that are the most challenging and most rewarding to play when done right. I cant speak much for fury but Id also say hox is a pretty rare class.

P.S. Usedtissue's protip of the day: Play hox

Play around see what you like
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Hox and barb seem underpowered. I dont play barb, but hox is much fun

Barb and hox are by far the most brutally underpowered classes in PvP right now. You'll have your work cut out for you if you choose to pvp on them, that's for sure.

Regarding barb, I can tell you it's the class with the best movement potential in PvP (due to Arcane Marauder and the fact that realistically you'll have it up 100% of the time because these days everyone crits constantly), but that's just about it as far as its good points go. If you spec berserker you'll have decent survivability but horrid dps, while if you go reaver hybrid it will be the other way around: you'll have a decent burst but you'll die nearly instantly every time someone focuses you.
    Last edited by MagnusLL; 20th October 2013 at 13:36.

As someone who has both hox and barb; I would take barb.
    If you take a hox and you get focued you are dead, but with barb at least you can make a few mistakes sense you have 3 stun/fear brakes, snare removal and kb immunity (7 sec) if feated. Also you still get about 70% of the dps of a DT in pvp. The point is that the barb isn't the worst at survivability and it isn't the worst at dps BUT it is far from the best.

If you want more challenge go hox but I would defiantly say there is a lot more potential for barb.

Lastly, BS I think is the most powerful dueling class in the game (more than CONQ) BUT in minigames it drops in power a LOT. (I said this cuz someone mentioned BS)
    They don't bother me too much cuz I don't dual very much.
    Last edited by throughthedoor; 21st October 2013 at 00:31.

I agree with the previously mentionned classe. Hox, Barb and BS are challenging PvP classes. Personnally i would put Barb and BS as more challenging than HoX. Barb because it doesn't have as easy dps mechanics as hox (CoA, HFB, Pillars) and BS because healing in PvP, especially PuG minigames, and still do your fair share of dps is hard to excel at as a melee.
    Don't get me wrong HoX still is a very challenging class to play but most of it lies in movement and being much aware of your environnement and positionning yourself smartly in a fight more than on class mechanics.

This is talking of groupe PvP.
    Last edited by Vehl; 21st October 2013 at 07:44.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Well if you go hox you will probably get more kills but you would have a better k/d more than likely with a barb.

I find k/d to be more a player construction than something class dependant.
    Still I would be intrested in seeing real class stats like Yellow Grimlin provided to have something more accurate than "guesses" on that matter.

From what i sampled here a while ago i ended up with HoX having average a 0.98 k/d and Barbs 0.83 k/d.
    Personnally my PvP 5 (20%) HoX has a better k/d than my PvP 4 (92%) Barb.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

OK thanks for the advise and responses. I will defiantly pick one of these three in the next few days and see you in game.