Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Elder Scrolls Copy AoC Character Creation?

It looks like the character models (armor/weapons) all look the same. This game will have a HUGE opening night (5 million+ easy). Just because its based on the elder scrolls. But it better have EVERYTHING and
    reinvent the wheel or it's another failed MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    It looks like the character models (armor/weapons) all look the same. This game will have a HUGE opening night (5 million+ easy). Just because its based on the elder scrolls. But it better have EVERYTHING and
    reinvent the wheel or it's another failed MMO.
    I'm actually a lot more optimistic about TESO than other upcoming MMO's.

I think it will have a huge opening night and then taper off to be one of the top 5 MMO's around. It's not going to unseat WoW, but I believe it will have a strong, sizeable player base.

Bethesda has spent a decade bringing the world of Tamriel to life and there's people, like me, who can't wait to live in it with other players rather than as a solo experience.

After several years of Khitai, I'm ready for a change of scenery and it sure as **** ain't coming from Funcom.

I wonder if it will have classes. People say one reason GW2 failed because there were no classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    I'm actually a lot more optimistic about TESO than other upcoming MMO's.

I think it will have a huge opening night and then taper off to be one of the top 5 MMO's around. It's not going to unseat WoW, but I believe it will have a strong, sizeable player base.

Bethesda has spent a decade bringing the world of Tamriel to life and there's people, like me, who can't wait to live in it with other players rather than as a solo experience.

After several years of Khitai, I'm ready for a change of scenery and it sure as **** ain't coming from Funcom.
    I'm big fan of TES games. Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim were and are the best experiences I've had while playing videogames.

I didn't like the idea of ESo at the beginning, but while I was seeing videos and interviews, I think it will be a game that I like a lot.
    I will buy it for sure and will be subbed for sure. Developers and people testing the beta, says that it is not a common mmo and that have a lot of exploration and rpg elements.
    Notice that the developers are Zenimax Online (the owner of Beteshda ), not Beteshda Game Studios. Don't think the game is being released for the same people that released TES games, they are busy now with Fallout 4, that I suppose it wil be out in 2015 and Tes VI in 2016/2017. Anyway, they've been giving feedback and ideas of course.

As for the creation character video, I liked a lot. It is more or less the same as all TES games, but it is true that there are things that are really similar to AoC. Of course, it is a good thing.
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    I wonder if it will have classes. People say one reason GW2 failed because there were no classes.
    http://elderscrollsonline.info/classes
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

I'll take that answer as a "No". People will show up to groups/raids and you will have no idea what their role is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12