Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Elder Scrolls Copy AoC Character Creation?

Default Did Elder Scrolls Copy AoC Character Creation?

It might just be me but this kinda looks just like AoC's character creation system.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...tion-in-action

That was exactly my first thought.

I wouldn't mind if they copied AoC's combat system/ UI / and graphics either...just saying.

Or did AOC sell the code? It seems an exact copy.

They use a similar triangle, yes.
    Sliders are common, though.
    It actually looks better than AoCs, because you can play a thin or more robust char...not even mentioning the other races.
    Might be possible that one ex-AoC dev was partly responsible, too. Or just someone who played AoC.
    It would be interesting to know, if there the belt is fixed in size too and stretches to the body or if you can see through body parts like in AoC...

As long as the toons dont start peering around like spastics during character creation I dont care what the interface looks like.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Looks to my like typical TES interface with one thing added to it, hardly copying. And even if they completely coped it, tbh...who cares?
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

The MMO industry is all about copying features from older games that the developers think were good features. Many games tend to all fall into the same basic areas of design, so it is no surprise that ESO character creation looks familiar. It isn't like there are a ton of ways to design the same system to make it seem different.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    As long as the toons dont start peering around like spastics during character creation I dont care what the interface looks like.
    I wont sub if the game is not spastic enabled.

Honestly I'd like to get ahold of everyone's crack dealer on these forums, cause the graphics in TESO are a huge step up from AoC.

Maybe go watch that video in 1080p full screen, cause I can see a definite improvement.

Also, this just in, character sliders of all types have been in games for about ten years now. Believe me, not many people are sitting around thinking "Wow, AoC was such a huge success, what can we copy from it?" So I really don't think anyone "stole" it from here. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast