Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd like to spent money on a new expansion!

Vanaheim, Nemedia, Pictish wilderness, Hyrkania... All good ideas for a new expansion.

AoC 2.0

id pay 60 bucks or 200 for lifetime
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack

I would throw down some bucks for an expansion for sure. I would even kick in 200 or more for a Kickstarter campaign if I got some fat loots.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

just take my money, geez!

I would buy add-ons, vanity armors and whole lot of other stuff...if it was made.
    Retired

Well we could try to aks how much money they need to get somewhere...and not just "the lowest possible estimate". Give us real amount you need to do soemthing, even with reserves if something bad happens and stuff like that. Once we would see that figure, it would be much easier to know if it's even worthwhile to try crowfunding
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

This probably does not work well with stock market listed companies. And giving out such insider information might open up other issues...

Why not simply buy stocks and try to strengthen AoC the next shareholder meeting? Afaik they should give out numbers there? Or even make your own company and offer to buy it?

Then you might have your numbers. Just giving them money will probably NOT strengthen AoC with the current composition of team and activity division...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    This probably does not work well with stock market listed companies. And giving out such insider information might open up other issues...

Why not simply buy stocks and try to strengthen AoC the next shareholder meeting? Afaik they should give out numbers there? Or even make your own company and offer to buy it?

Then you might have your numbers. Just giving them money will probably NOT strengthen AoC with the current composition of team and activity division...
    I don't really see a problem with listed companies going for alternative financing models. Heck they need to disclose all kinds of information to institutional creditors to get a loan, why not disclose some (typically much less) information on kickstarter to get donations?

A more serious issue with FC is that the company is heavily indebted, so if you give money to Funcom N.V. there's no guarantee that it will go to game development, and not to creditors. But in legal terms, that shouldn't be a major obstacle.

So the real problem, I suppose, is that they simply don't want to do it. And there may be good reasons for that. After all, a bigger expansion always entails some business risk, even if you cover a good deal of the budgeted costs by something like kickstarter.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Oh, i was not referring to an alternate financing model. Just responding to the "we would need xy amount of money" thing.

And i remember the former GD asking the community what was preferred...a big expansion that takes time and costs money like khitai or small maps released over time for premium users. Forum community (there was no real survey) seemed to have preferred the latter.

What Funcom should do is a Age of Conan 2. With Joel in the driving seat. Experiences from both Age of Conan and the Secret World. All the new technologies available to them atm and with a Kickstarter where donators gets access to a development forum to help create the game.

That MMO would be ****ing epic. Funcom. Your PvE designers are amazing. So is your storywriters from TSW. Your PvP was ****ing fantastic back in the day. Just do this, take our money and make the MMO this industry needs!

To bad it will never happen
    HERRO REGENG IS RETURN

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast