Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd like to spent money on a new expansion!

Default I'd like to spent money on a new expansion!

Ahoy, fellow AoC players!

There's been a lot of discussion lately about new content, progression and so on. I'm sure everybody, including Funcom, would love to have tons of new maps, dungeons and so on. Some very promising things are being worked on, some we've seen already, e. g. Dragonspine outdoor map and dungeons.
    Reworking some of the existing stuff will make it appealing to a lot more players than it is today, e. g. Temple of Erlik, old world level 80 dungeons, and maybe we'll even get a T1 hard mode one day (which would be awesome). This is done with the regular subscription money.

But anything more than that needs serious developer time, and to get serious developer time, you have to spent serious money.

So, for Funcom, I think, it boils down to one question: Would players be willing to spent money on another expansion? And how much?

Personally, I'm a bit surprised there haven't been done any survey about that question, at least not to my knowledge. But maybe, we can start a little survery here ourselves.

So, here are three questions:

1.) Would you be willing to spent money for brand new, expansion style content in Age of Conan (like Turan or Rise of the Godslayer)?
    2.) How much would you be willing to spent for an expansion as big as Kithai (5 outdoor maps, about 20 solo/group dungeons, 1 huge raid dungeon, several new game concepts)?
    3.) How much would you be willing to spent for an expansion as big as Turan (1 outdoor map, 3 solo/group dungeons, 1 medium raid dungeon, no new game concepts)?

To minimize discussion about wether Turan/Kithai were good, let's assume that the quality and style of the new expansion would be pretty much perfect, i. e. they do a really good job.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 15th October 2013 at 17:17.

Funcom could have all of my monies if they make a non-Asian khitai expansion.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

I would pay for a new expansion 5x more than the previos one.
    Just make it.

Age of Conan 2: The Return of Thoth

His physical body died, but his soul was only asleep. He has risen, unknown how or by whom, and now hunts Conan and all the brave souls that helped in his demise.

*would take place in some of the old areas of Aquilonia, Cimmria, etc, but a lot of new areas to be opened as well, and use the original 1.4 and earlier combat settings for pvp, this would blow other mmorpgs out of the water*

**wakes up from pipe-dream...

I would pay for a new expansion with new zones, levels, AAs, renown, levels, raids, dungeons, pvp maps/levels/content. Anything that could possibly update/expand/revamp, I would pay for.

Everquest has had a new expansion for just about every year since it launched. Obviously they're doing something right as its more populated than this game. Why can't Funcom develop a schedule to release a expansion every year? Instead of aimlessly being late on things with no explanations. 1 time of year to release everything at once with an entire year to work on it? And who cares if we pay to for it. Logic was never one of Funcom's core beliefs I guess.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Well, as many I would glady pay for a new expansion. But we all know why it's unlikely to happen.

Of course, most people (weel, most subsriber at least) would be joyfully throwing money at FC for a Big Ol' Good expansion, with tons of new stuff, concept, revamp with good artistic design. But that's not the point.

The point is Funcom won't lend money to the AoC part of the company, nor allow them to sink time, ressources and skill in that, because they think that other project could make """better use""" (understand : more efficient way to spend the money, aka more income with the same investment). E.g. maybe they predict that a new expansion pack for TSW will sell better, or be more easy to do, or simply more necessary to keep subbers on, etc.

So, no, I don't think it boils down to the only question of "Would players be willing to spent money on another expansion? And how much?"; because even if it sells, they might be more prone to do someting with that money that will sell BETTER in the same time. On another game. Unfortunately for us, AoC Players.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 15th October 2013 at 19:14.

I would but it would have to be quite better than the last expansion that was a large deserted desert.

Making new expansion requires a lot more time then reworking pieces of unused old content(given it's not so hacked up like code in sieges)Not gonna happen, get real...

You need more artists, more models, textures, new maps, we quests, new mounts, new weapons, new factions....etc etc etc. And some serious time. Funcom already faces way too much issues to make new expansion, no matter how greatly players pay for it.
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Or look at it this way, we've already payed for "a new expansion" but it was called TSW and it failed, now we have to deal with its consequences, and keep on paying for it to get more fail content.

There won't be any real expansion imo. Funcom still hasn't finished their last "mini-expansion", Dragonspine: still missing the last 6 man as well as the Palace of Cetriss raid. On top of that they still have on their plate: mage revamps, crafting revamp, pvp maps and who knows what else.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast