Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Future of AoC

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post

You can go into any "GameStop" around the country and most will simply look at you with a blank face if asked the question about AOC. They haven't the slightest idea of what it is, or if they do, they simply state the obvious "It's still going on?".
    Somehow GameStop is a benchmark? They haven't dealt with PC titles for over 6+ years. Maybe if you want to know about a console game; they'd be the ones to ask.

Everyone's an expert on what the "Biggest Problem" is ... Get over yourselves. FUNCOMs like every other business out there. They're not in the industry to loose money for some Righteous cause that will somehow revolutionize gaming. Just the all mighty dollar.

Good thing for us die-hard saps to chug along; FUNCOM doesn't pull the plug on their MMOs ~ somehow they keep em on servers. lol
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

I never focus on the "lack of development and content".
    Whatever game I play I enjoy the interaction with the Clan/guild/corporation/alliance.
    Take EVE Online. For the most part player developed content.
    People still seems to have fun and the game seems quite healthy

Age of Conan is somewhat different, but players should focus on
    creating their own content/fun to and extent.

Ive posted about this before, but the LFG/LFR mechanic in global is
    kinda annoying/counter productive.
    WOWs automatic group join (based on role) and teleport to instance is "required" as far as I can see to keep people intrested.
    I know many of the Oldtimers will disagree, and the PVPers not on Crom server will hate the idea since catching people traveling to a instance is part of the gamecontent.

BUT on Crom server, automatic group join/teleport could help tons.

I played AoC for about a month when it first came out in 2008 and came back about 3 months ago. I've got 3 characters to 80 and have completed T1, T2 and nearly T3 in raiding and about half the HM instances.

My concern is that once I'm in a position when I've completed all the group content and probably into T4 raiding, apart from the raiding aspect, will my AoC life purely be based on levelling and gearing up new characters (leaving aside the social aspect)?

I'm sort of at a crossroads now where I'm deliberating whether to carry on with AoC if there's not going to be a lot of new content coming up in the future. I really don't know how people have pretty much played the same content for 3 years.

The reason I say crossroads is that I'm at the point where I might subscribe for another term and get veteran points for advanced riding etc. Do I pay in the hope that there'll be more content and maybe regret it in 6 months time or do I call it a day now.....

If you're almost done with t3 and are half way through Khitan dungeons, that means ahead of you remain t3.5, t4, dragon spine and unchained dungeons.

So basically you've done the old content, but haven't got into the newer one, and that's the very best of AoC, it's also where the progression gets really significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    If you're almost done with t3 and are half way through Khitan dungeons, that means ahead of you remain t3.5, t4, dragon spine and unchained dungeons.

So basically you've done the old content, but haven't got into the newer one, and that's the very best of AoC, it's also where the progression gets really significant.
    that and Ardashir dungeon and House of Crom, which is imo best AOC content so far.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    That isn't our job, that's up to Funcom. I don't pay them to do their work for them.
    You're taking this upside down. What i meant is, you have two options. Either keep spending your time by whining around all the god damn time. Or spend that time to poke friends and gather them up to do something fun.

In 2008/9, content wise the game was empty. But players where discovering everything. So globaly, very good mood. Huge amount of player hosted events. You just couldn't be bored.

AoC is a bit like Monopoly. The game in itself is utterly boring, but play with drunk friends with lots of alternative rules and it gets better.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    You're taking this upside down. What i meant is, you have two options. Either keep spending your time by whining around all the god damn time. Or spend that time to poke friends and gather them up to do something fun.

In 2008/9, content wise the game was empty. But players where discovering everything. So globaly, very good mood. Huge amount of player hosted events. You just couldn't be bored.

AoC is a bit like Monopoly. The game in itself is utterly boring, but play with drunk friends with lots of alternative rules and it gets better.
    You hit on something important. Scripted content will always have a shelf-life and constant revamping of old content is labor intensive.

Creating systems that allows players to create content will last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Everything is fun when played with drunken friends
    Aoc is bit poor atm if you are pure pvp player. Sure you can organize some events like you do and that is really great, but its hard always to organize something. What if you have hour or 30 mins to play?
    Still i cling to the game because i like pvp style it has and conan lore. Sadly lore is shaken pretty much by khitai but what can you do...
    I had some hopes of crafting system and that it will help pvp player get mats doing just pvp and getting some gear that can match t4, but I'm afraid that pvers will again profit most from this
    And hearing about pvp t4 didnt really made me happy either

Default Disapointed

Quote Originally Posted by Twopay View Post
    Funcom only cares about there new titles...if your not playing TSW or Lego coming out soon you are not gonna get anyting new. You are just playing a dead game and supporting other games funcom is working on. Sorry
    Boy that is sure disappointing.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    You hit on something important. Scripted content will always have a shelf-life and constant revamping of old content is labor intensive.

Creating systems that allows players to create content will last forever.
    yea well FC here, they cant seem to figure it out, 5yrs duh...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast