Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Future of AoC

Quote Originally Posted by StalkerKZN View Post
    Wow, this tread left me feeling a bit uneasy. I love this game and I don't mind supporting it. I know there are a lot of "naysayers", but seems this is the way most of the forum community feels. If only we can get word from a trusted source...
    Please don't get your wires crossed here.

A lot of us LOVE this game, and we simply wish that more of this great game was on the way. We want a PVP revamp, a crafting revamp, a completely new expansion with several new zones, a new level cap, new T5 raids... ect.

The naysaying you see from myself and others like me is that we're simply being realistic. A company that has to lay off most of it's employees and shut down several offices isn't in a position to do any of the above.

So we're not hating on the game, we're simply disappointed that more of a great MMO isn't on the way.

doom and gloom
    Didn't I just tell you to not buy into the doom and gloom crap? That **** is on every single MMO forum ever, ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Just goes to show that more and more people are becoming aware of the dire situation of the game. One last great hope is if some super rich guy buys the game and Conan rights injects 5 million dollars in upgrading code/graphics/content then resell it as AoC 2: Rise of Set.
    For $5mil they can maybe fix the HoX rez bug .. maybe .. throw in another $95mil and you may get DX11 re-write.

Stop bichin and play or don't .. simples really. Show me a game that has anything remotely like the raids and combat epicness of AoC and I'm there, till then .. Enjoy!
    *Don't see any good games coming until Nov 2014 - Star Citizen.
    Last edited by Invino; 15th October 2013 at 17:11.

I am definately not buying the "doom and gloom". I am enjoying this game atm, but being the realistic person I am I just feel like something needs to be done. True maybe they won't give us all we want, but maybe we should be pro-active and all us true AoC supporters should start a crowd funding initiative or something so that we can ensure the future of the game. But that's just how I feel. I really don't want this game to just die, I have NEVER played an MMO like this before. Take note of this Mr. Joel. Don't disappoint us

I am definately not buying the "doom and gloom". I am enjoying this game atm, but being the realistic person I am I just feel like something needs to be done. True maybe they won't give us all we want, but maybe we should be pro-active and all us true AoC supporters should start a crowd funding initiative or something so that we can ensure the future of the game. But that's just how I feel. I really don't want this game to just die, I have NEVER played an MMO like this before. Take note of this Mr. Joel. Don't disappoint us
    As Rathothis said in this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    A more serious issue with FC is that the company is heavily indebted, so if you give money to Funcom N.V. there's no guarantee that it will go to game development, and not to creditors. But in legal terms, that shouldn't be a major obstacle.
    Just handing money to Funcom will not ensure that AoC will benefit from it.

A way how it could work is if Funcom would outsource AoC and a small group of devs, and they do the Kickstarter campaign. Or when Funcom hands AoC to Red Thread Games (a lot of former AoC devs there).

Funcom already admitted that AOC code is a mess and unmanageable. The last 2 game directors have both admitted that.

Who in their right mind would take it off their hands? If Funcom (the creators) cant fix this mess then someone outside its development cycle will have no chance of getting the job done.

What we can hope for is that someone takes the combo system and puts it into a new game. That someone takes the fatalities and puts them in there too. The music too. Everything else can be done better by someone else.

I just dont believe that Funcom can see this project developed further and fixed. They cant do it. For then its not an achievable goal.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Funcom already admitted that AOC code is a mess and unmanageable. The last 2 game directors have both admitted that.

Who in their right mind would take it off their hands? If Funcom (the creators) cant fix this mess then someone outside its development cycle will have no chance of getting the job done.

What we can hope for is that someone takes the combo system and puts it into a new game. That someone takes the fatalities and puts them in there too. The music too. Everything else can be done better by someone else.

I just dont believe that Funcom can see this project developed further and fixed. They cant do it. For then its not an achievable goal.
    I agree...some very key parts of AoCs system are highly botched - for instance sieges which even Joel admited in his comment where he stated that fixing sieges would take forever and would create giant black hole sucking all their money. Adding few other similiarbig issues(trader, pvp, balance, classes) makes chances that we'll one day see "fixed" AoC equal to 0.

AoCs team doesn't have enough developers to do this, funcom doesn't have enough money and it would take freaking forever, even with maximum devotion. And scrapping whole game and keeping only licence is probably only option for potentional weathly buyers.
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post

If that's the case then another company needs to buy the rights to the game and fix/remake it so that the awesomeness can continue. I always say that no matter how good you are, there is always somebody else that is better than you. So I for one believe that if the right person takes it over, it can be done.

then another company needs to buy the rights to the game and fix/remake it
    You've come a long way from professing undying love to AoC to advocating its shutdown in just 3 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    You've come a long way from professing undying love to AoC to advocating its shutdown in just 3 pages.
    I'm not advocating anything dude. If you read my post properly then you would see that I asked for people's opinions and seeing that everybody is so damn convinced that the game has no bright future, surely it makes sense for somebody to take this game and fix it? I'm just thinking about the future here.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast