Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Future of AoC

I still have hope. I will never abandon you Conan!! Lets stay optimistic, and hope that the new lego game will be as popular as facebook

Well game won't die yet, not even in 2-3 years, Funcom won't pull plug .

But let's be real here for a second...we really need to get our priorities straight, start being honest about features we need, quit public shaming of game developers and directors, quit making threaths that you quit the game unless they fix bajilion miniscule issues you list, quit whining about every change and start being reasonable community in general. AoCs playerbase won't gem magicaly larger, AoCs team WON'T magicaly grow 50 times and AoCs WON'T get better funding so people developing game are as much stuck in this mess with as we're with them. Let's start making things a bit simpler and more efficient
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I'm not very optimistic about the future of the game. I think we'll be stuck in the current slow process with many good idea provided by both GD and players but almost no ressources.

Also, TSW need to be constantly fuelled by content thanks to his BuyToPlay system, and AoC is paying the price of TSW developement&failure since many years and for many years it will remains the same.

I don't see any sight of hope for this game in the next year. Even if Funcom financial situation is going better, i'm pretty sure they will alocate money and people more on TSW to increase their episodes release rate. But at least, it still exists and if we compare to Warhammer Online fate, it is not so bad.
    I have to agree here. Sad but true. Without new content TSW doesn´t make any money, but for AoC you have to have a sub to play 3 year old content.

I still believe that AoC could start making serious cash, but they need to re-design the item shop. It starts there (and I'm not even sure if they can, since I believe they are renting the item shop from some developers). Everything else can follow, but they need to start making money. Or sell it to Yahoo, they pour money into everything nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Just goes to show that more and more people are becoming aware of the dire situation of the game. One last great hope is if some super rich guy buys the game and Conan rights injects 5 million dollars in upgrading code/graphics/content then resell it as AoC 2: Rise of Set.
    AOC 2: Ring of Set

biggest success story a mmo will have
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack

I am glad funcom left sub on aoc so I can play TSW with new content without monthly fees!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ythor View Post
    I still believe that AoC could start making serious cash, but they need to re-design the item shop. It starts there (and I'm not even sure if they can, since I believe they are renting the item shop from some developers). Everything else can follow, but they need to start making money. Or sell it to Yahoo, they pour money into everything nowadays
    I don't think it can make amounts necessary to redo all obsolete and broken things in the game. And while rethinking item shop could help, it won't help lure more people into game, not with reputation AoC and Funcom have...
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Wow, this tread left me feeling a bit uneasy. I love this game and I don't mind supporting it. I know there are a lot of "naysayers", but seems this is the way most of the forum community feels. If only we can get word from a trusted source...

Yes item shop changes might earn them a few more pennies but given the size of the population it won't be much.

That said, I would pay serious money for content that gets made. There's quite a few people who have said the same thing. I'd also be happy to participate in some kind of alternative financing model (Kickstarter or the like). But Joel did mention at some point that stuff like that is difficult to pull off for a listed company... and I guess Funcom aren't exactly into taking risks these days.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by StalkerKZN View Post
    Wow, this tread left me feeling a bit uneasy. I love this game and I don't mind supporting it. I know there are a lot of "naysayers", but seems this is the way most of the forum community feels. If only we can get word from a trusted source...
    although, I was only a forum warrior since last year from what the forumers are saying about FC, they may have a right to feel this way.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast