Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: barb vs sin burst damage

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_JiBVoEMrE

but.. but.. barb was bad clas...

This HAS to be a joke.
    If, when needing to show proof the barb is fine, a video of 1vs1 and 2vs2 open world fights against a bunch of lameass Bori diggers who need speed hack to have a prayer of getting a kill is the best you can come up with... Well that proves the bad spot the barb currently is in better than any argument I could put forward.

Open world fights against cheats with not even one ranged enemy in the "proof" video... Jesus how biased can you get.
    Last edited by MagnusLL; 17th October 2013 at 13:45.

2vs2??

i thought it was 2vs4 / 2vs5?
    The Law

2vs2??

i thought it was 2vs4 / 2vs5?
    You thought bad. Watch that video again, 90% of the time it's either 2vs2 or 1vs1. On those rare occasions where the enemy has more people, they move and play so badly that they never manage to use their numerical advantage by being all in the same place. They also never ever try to focus the barb, who, for the overwhelming majority of the time, is free to dps the other side with (at most) 1 opponent trying ineffectually to pin him down. And all this in the perfect scenario for a barb to better use his movement advantage, i.e. open world setting with zero ranged enemies, meaning even if you lose you can just engage AM hyperspeed, run half a map away, reset the fight, rinse and repeat (not that it's needed against those playing in that video).

Please show me a video of a barb playing in a mini with the weaker team, engaging in the main fights (i.e. not killwhoring by chasing the lone enemy nab caster in a forgotten corner of the map while his team is getting raped) then we can talk. But even then, any such "proof" is anecdotal and could very well just show the higher than average skill of that single player rather than any intrinsic strength of the class.
    Let me repeat: no one here is claiming the barb is so utterly broken as to be unplayable in such a way that even the god of pvpers cannot use it efficiently. Superior skills will indeed overcome the class weaknesses. However, the fact that there are players strong enough to overcome those weaknesses does NOT mean they don't exist and/or they are not bad enough to relegate the barb at the bottom of the pvp stack.

Why not start a barb vs soldier dps thread ringofset, throughthedoor, doomkiller?

That really is ridiculous.

Oh gawd, I'd record myself playing barb but this guy if just gonna tell me it's skill/luck/lag/cheating/irrelevant for whatever reason he can come up with.

There is no point in trying to reason with this kind of ringofset-ish people.

Barb isn't perfect and could use tweaks but if you think other classes have it better you're just deluded/clueless. Besides conq and Pom all classes are loaded with useless broken feats/AA (yes even the op dts and guards)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Barb isn't perfect and could use tweaks but if you think other classes have it better you're just deluded/clueless. Besides conq and Pom all classes are loaded with useless broken feats/AA (yes even the op dts and guards)
    So you're telling me that:

The three soldier classes
    The three healer classes
    Rangers
    Demos
    Sins

Have it worse than barbs?

Because if you don't, that already makes the barb, at best, 10 out of 12. And I would really like to hear how necros have it worse from an overall perspective, since at least they're ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    So you're telling me that:

The three soldier classes
    The three healer classes
    Rangers
    Demos
    Sins

Have it worse than barbs?

Because if you don't, that already makes the barb, at best, 10 out of 12. And I would really like to hear how necros have it worse from an overall perspective, since at least they're ranged.

Maybe u should consinder stoping posting on forums, you are obiviously from pve server, you are obiviously horrible in pvp, and yet you are trying to talk here something .. which you dont even know about, u making excuse for everything, why wont u blame next that its russians fault that barb is bad like usually ppl blame them, just stop,
    The Law

Barb is more than fine.fun to play.learn to move good and land your combos and its one of the best classes.

I don't want it to be another easy mode class.

Maybe u should consinder stoping posting on forums, you are obiviously from pve server, you are obiviously horrible in pvp, and yet you are trying to talk here something .. which you dont even know about, u making excuse for everything, why wont u blame next that its russians fault that barb is bad like usually ppl blame them, just stop,
    You really can't avoid stooping to personal insults whenever you're faced with an argument to which you cannot otherwise reply , can you? Just remember genius, those qualify you much more than they qualify whoever at whom you're throwing them.

Also, what the hell the russians are supposed to do with AoC class balance only your befuddled mind can know.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    You really can't avoid stooping to personal insults whenever you're faced with an argument to which you cannot otherwise reply , can you? Just remember genius, those qualify you much more than they qualify whoever at whom you're throwing them.

Also, what the hell the russians are supposed to do with AoC class balance only your befuddled mind can know.
    Dude, which arguments? You dont have any... You're just acting like you do have some, but actually you dont. YOu have just lame excuses for examples brought to you in this thread. You can't call those "arguments"...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast