Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: barb vs sin burst damage

Apart from any other consideration (like the CC immunity on demand or the 50% uptime on magic immunity), sin has better survivability than barb for a very simple reason: he can kill his target twice as fast. And killing your enemy before he kills you it's the best form of damage mitigation, bar none.

A dead enemy does zero dps (well, unless he's a necro).

soo.. u talking about farming lowbies in khesatta or?

u really think that thats gonna happen in 6vs6?

or in premaid?

how many sins u see in sieges?
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    Apart from any other consideration (like the CC immunity on demand or the 50% uptime on magic immunity), sin has better survivability than barb for a very simple reason: he can kill his target twice as fast. And killing your enemy before he kills you it's the best form of damage mitigation, bar none.

A dead enemy does zero dps (well, unless he's a necro).
    Just check how many times average sin dies in mini games vs average barb and things will be clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    oh i also forgot to mention that some classes need to switch weapon when kiting to get moar prot, u are utter crap barb so just hushh now,

i cant wait u to come fury and see how well all barbs do here

and pls... how many sins use SC gear? u joking right?

hey dude gz from t4 gear, you dont use it why? "because i use blue sc for prot ofc, well daa?"
    Rage Much ? Both have its good and bad points you dont have to disrespect other player in such a way. Truth is truth sin has way better burst. Good sin dont need cc

Quote Originally Posted by armatur View Post
    Rage Much ? Both have its good and bad points you dont have to disrespect other player in such a way. Truth is truth sin has way better burst. Good sin dont need cc
    I only disrespect someone who is totally ignorant, many ppl on these threads trying to show and tell him that he is wrong but he just dont get it

why why why are you comparing sin and barb burst? whats the point? ok ok, im gonna say that.. guard got lower burst than carnage conq,

FFS funcom, increase guard dps by 99% NOW! also add guard dual wielding polearm OPTION, I mean, i just cant play guard if it dont get more dmg,, i mean this is just OUTRAGEOUS that guard got lower dmg than conq..
    The Law

why why why are you comparing sin and barb burst?
    I can tell you two extremely good reasons.

General reason: burst is king in all types of PvP. The idea is to kill your enemy as quickly as possible, either in solo (obvious) or in team settings (also obvious).
    As an overall rule, the best your burst is, the better you're going to fare in any kind of PvP. It takes some pretty massive disadvantage (like being melee vs ranged, or having a far worse survivability) to counterbalance someone who has better burst than you do.

Specific reason: barb and sin have a very similar outlook in AoC PvP in general tactical terms; both classes are squishy melees, meaning they face the problem of having to enter front line combat while not really having enough survivability to stay there for long periods. Both are supposed to chase the opposing team's soft targets. Hence, comparing their burst is quite relevant to judge which one of the two is best suited to its task.

And now tell me if you genuinely think barb has it better than sin, despite having the lower (and slower) burst.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    I can tell you two extremely good reasons.

General reason: burst is king in all types of PvP. The idea is to kill your enemy as quickly as possible, either in solo (obvious) or in team settings (also obvious).
    As an overall rule, the best your burst is, the better you're going to fare in any kind of PvP. It takes some pretty massive disadvantage (like being melee vs ranged, or having a far worse survivability) to counterbalance someone who has better burst than you do.

Specific reason: barb and sin have a very similar outlook in AoC PvP in general tactical terms; both classes are squishy melees, meaning they face the problem of having to enter front line combat while not really having enough survivability to stay there for long periods. Both are supposed to chase the opposing team's soft targets. Hence, comparing their burst is quite relevant to judge which one of the two is best suited to its task.

And now tell me if you genuinely think barb has it better than sin, despite having the lower (and slower) burst.
    I laughed at that both are squishy melees
    There are some very good barbs and honestly i would rather have 2 sins after me than them

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    From the AoC website

Sin

Barb

Sins = Killing machines

Barb = CC experts

You = clueless

Barb was the cc master pre 1.5

With each patch and barb nerf

Pom is the new CC master, Demo next, Sin , ranger. These guys have nearly every cc in game. Barb only has 2 kb 2 stun.
    Tell me how is barbarian the CC master?

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I laughed at that both are squishy melees
    Yeah given its survivability I know that defining sin "squishy" is a bit of a stretch but I thought "well, they still have cloth armor after all".

I only disrespect someone who is totally ignorant, many ppl on these threads trying to show and tell him that he is wrong but he just dont get it

why why why are you comparing sin and barb burst? whats the point? ok ok, im gonna say that.. guard got lower burst than carnage conq,

FFS funcom, increase guard dps by 99% NOW! also add guard dual wielding polearm OPTION, I mean, i just cant play guard if it dont get more dmg,, i mean this is just OUTRAGEOUS that guard got lower dmg than conq..
    Really. Stop being ignorant. I mean if you put sin vs barb sin is far superior class. Did i f say sins burst have to be same as barbs???? Where does it say that ??? So for you it is Ok to get hit with a BALANCED T4 SIN for 8k of damage in 2 seconds or take 4k hp from stealth fff u bro. Am sorry barbs dont have easy mode Umba Numba tard hits like sins do. Yes we have at gates but its damage are ok Balanced. Sins burst is not balanced at all. And bro so i dont make u rage i am not asking for barb buff coz i know funcom will f it up
    Last edited by armatur; 16th October 2013 at 22:44.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast