Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Age of Conan stands still (no progression)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    Funcom will ride this game exactly as it is until the amount of subs remaining doesn't generate enough money to keep the server powered on.

There will be no new expansions after RoTG and any other major changes to the game such as the vaporware crafting revamp will show up sometime after the next ice age. Badly needed class revamps such as HoX are about the only thing we could expect, but even then I wouldn't hold my breath. I mean, when was the last class revamp?

Face it folks. They spent our money, our subs, our hard earned cash with which we expected them to keep improving AoC on that other utter failure of a game; TSW. Not only that, but they keep spitting in our faces by making TSW into a pay once model, and use our subs to continue producing content for it.
    Post of the year!

Nothing more is ever going to happen. Crafting revamp maybe, but no raids, no prog, no class revamps, nothing.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Trying to use reverse Psychology Halfdead?
    New raid is coming but it wont b T5
    It would b a bad decision to make Khitai DUNGEON gear useless hence no T5
    DTs r also 1 reason there wont b T5
    I hav heard in Global of T4 DTs not needing a healer to do some K6 dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Why would anyone be kicked from a guild because of HK or the imp ?
    I just don't get the point here.
    Theres' no point, that's all.

About the "elitism", it strikes me as very selfish to ask for the entire game to be made easier, since many players do enjoy a challenge in terms of mechanics and encounter design.
    It strikes me equally as you about veterans demanding that all the new content must be a challenge for them, while they run and down it on Test Live before it reach live server.

There must be new content for everyone, from full t4 full AA 4/5 year lazy vets to newbie, casual player who does not have access to an end-game guild. If you makes content only for one part of the population, the rest will leave as soon as they cleared the current content.

No vet should have only T4 and Coils/Tian an as end-game content.
    No noobie should have only T1/T2/K6 easy dungeons.

If you want easy content, there is yag and most HMs in khitai, if you like more difficulty, then you have Paikang and Dragon spine's dungeons.

So whatever your tastes are like, you can find something that suits you in AoC, which is good.
    Yes but no, all the content you have described is old, and we're talking about future content, devellopement millstones : should they satisfy only vets with dungeons, not hard but demanding communication/coordination and good positionning ? What about others players who pay the same sub ?

We, players, have to make good feedbacks to upcoming dungeons (unchained one particulary) on TL, so they don't suffer the same fate as Coils.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    I alredy have 6 characters 80.lvl. Main character is PvP 10, full T4 gear, full AA, and I have nothing to do more in this game. New dangeons olweys have items lower then T4. I know peoples, who leave game for this reason. For what pay? Game is over, no more goal
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    If you play in large guild, you must to know how much peoples leave the game after they get full T4 gear. Part of them is too large for game with so small population as AoC.
    I don't understand, why Fancom waste the time to make new dungeons with middling loot? Too much peoples already have the best items in game and don't interested about this trash dungeons.
    I stay in game only because I hope to see SOON new craft with new BETTER items
    Last edited by Ernests; 14th October 2013 at 14:10.

disco boss could use a total removal of all dots/debuffs to be easier but its definitly not needed just players using their brains and controling themselves is all its needed to clear boss, last boss could be improved by removing amount of rifts its only real luck based part is dealing with loads of rifts while rest of group doesnt do much of anything.

i would rather say rest of dungeons dont suffer same fate as aok and sepulcher and vile nativity and breach
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    the breach
    bosses hit a bit hard and just last boss drops rares end result no one goes there...
    .aok
    first boss
    given the adds hit so hard and at 50% spawn 3 adds spawn, what everyone does is kite one add to bug boss not respawn any more.
    every aspect of this boss first boss was reported, they didnt adjust a thing.
    lowering slightly the firestorm magic dot and reducing adds to just 2 and adds spawn even if one is still up would fix it but no lets not touch it because its such a great fight to easily exploit.

abysal convoker
    i dont dislike the new version of boss, but i realy despise that they removed a fun boss with nice mechanics completly from game
    its a damn shame.

last boss
    despite having told; well more like foretold, that if they dont adjust torment to be a ruin a tos would be mandatory in any aok run wich is reality.
    .vile nativity
    there is 0% incentive to do sentinel and queen bosses, despite mechanics being fun and non gear check based every one dodges them a simple increase of rewards or a rare weapon/accessorie and asured drop rate of queen gown would secure more interest from players to do those 2 bosses.

argo satha
    no one does hm but its simply idiotic and non rewaqrding, the minion random spawn makes it harsh for certain setups with like tos/demos hox if they simply made minions spawn on furthest 2 people would make more sense and would make fight less painfull for certain setups.

oh lets not say anything about a certain door wich you can die in certain corner and upon receiving resurrection you can get up behind the door...

.sepulcher

first boss is ok now that line of sight exploits got fixed

second boss is perfect, although i would make the seeing red aoe go thrugh columns so people cant line of sight it, but even now its perfectly fine boss wish more bosses like him were ingame.

light puzzle is idiotic given its not random every time, by being fixed key its not a puzzle its a memory test.

last boss is tragic gear check for tanks+healers, i already spammed sugested making the adds keep spawning at last stage and using orbs remove the damage increase buff, right now its too hard for the loot it drops.

overall i hardly ever felt any feedback i gave funcom was considered they do what the hell they wish like they did on sepulcher last boss wich for months was only killable by exploits and some forum heros came along claiming some superiority by saying its so easy boss...

i gave honest feedback and sugestions reguarding pve and pvp for most part they add bugs wich allow exploits and then players who find the exploits come say how great players they are given they found and abuse glitchs and poor mechanics.

the player feedback i saw considered and deploid strait off was nerfing the weapons on coils and now surprise less people are keen on going there and plenty of forum heros spam how hard instance is when in fact its not true.

[Text moderated by <Arishanya>
    Please remember that flaming and trolling on the forums is not allowed. Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums. If you have any questions on this moderation then please feel free to contact the Head Moderator or Community Manager.]
    Last edited by Arishanya; 16th October 2013 at 03:10.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

As far as i'm concerned the main hinderance Coils has for my liking is the same Pillars of Heaven have, it's long and these days it's rare to have players willing to commit to a long instance run with likely wipes.

Since Khitai i got use to the short format each dungeon have. Between 10 and 40 mins for longer instances such as Paikang ones. While coils, even with a good groupe you'll be there for at least an hour and half.

The problem with PvE, and the gear progression as we have it, is it's hard to compete, efficience wise, with KK tours and Monastery/Palace runs. No content released now competes with those instance.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    As far as i'm concerned the main hinderance Coils has for my liking is the same Pillars of Heaven have, it's long and these days it's rare to have players willing to commit to a long instance run with likely wipes.
    its quite fortunate you mention pillars of heaven its realy great instance with nice bosses and mechanics, but could use some trash mobs reduction or making them normal mobs and adding a rare to each boss for so long now i am unable to persuade anyone to do a full clear of place because everyone and their brother are so headbent on everything needs to drop rares or its a waste of time.

wich is again something coils does ok it takes long to clear but every boss has a chance to drop epic and every boss drops rares and nice mastery

but unfortunatly this went a little off topic wich is lack of character progression possibilities.

wich are indeed needed personaly game content is learning different classes given my longest played chars have no mistery or new gameplay possibilities to offer atm either by lacking new aa's or by lacking proper revamp.
    Last edited by noite80; 14th October 2013 at 14:57.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    Funcom will ride this game exactly as it is until the amount of subs remaining doesn't generate enough money to keep the server powered on.

There will be no new expansions after RoTG and any other major changes to the game such as the vaporware crafting revamp will show up sometime after the next ice age. Badly needed class revamps such as HoX are about the only thing we could expect, but even then I wouldn't hold my breath. I mean, when was the last class revamp?

Face it folks. They spent our money, our subs, our hard earned cash with which we expected them to keep improving AoC on that other utter failure of a game; TSW. Not only that, but they keep spitting in our faces by making TSW into a pay once model, and use our subs to continue producing content for it.
    Funcom quarterly revenues (Source: Q2/13 quarterly presentation):
    Q3/12: USD 10,963k
    Q4/12: USD 7,786k
    Q1/13: USD 6,338k
    Q2/13: USD 5,465k

It is realistic to assume that AoC revenues are going down, though at a slower rate than those aggregate figures.

It is realistic to assume that TSW revenues are going down at a faster rate than those aggregate figures.

While revenues from TSW are most likely still higher than from AoC (revenues in Q2/12 - still without TSW - were USD 2,557k), I wonder how the two games perform after cost allocation.

Sadly, none of this will help AoC since their move to a sub-free model for TSW means that it is inefficient for them to allocate resources away from TSW, unless they scrap it altogether.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Everyone want moar dps, even soldiers and priests want the best crit rating % and base dps. Every Constitution or general stat item (wisdom, intell) is considered crap (see t3.5) and most of protection and survivability item are considered as best as situationnal ones. ..
    Itemisation is focused on dps not only because of parser heroism, but for the trivial reason that killing a boss faster reduces the risk of errors.

At the same time, the way healing works in AoC makes alternative setups (focus on healing / constitution) less interesting, because there is no point in having a high health pool if it takes too long to replenish. The only solution is designing encounters based on boss nukes which people have to survive, with sufficient time to heal up in between. But quite frankly this is only so much fun (and has already been done a few times).

All of this means that there is limited scope for horizontal gear progression in AoC - see e.g. the Black Pharaoh set.

Which directly leads to your last sentence: yes, they need to offer better rewards / power increases for beating new challenges. Sepulcher and Coils are clear examples of what happens if they don't.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

by my opinion, just invest more time in new pvp content...
    Small changes can make a big difference in this game!

Adding maybe TDM, some new maps... Also my idea is to focus more open world pvp... it would be good if specific places on maps like kheshatta, atzel, Northern grasslands etc. can have like capture points. so guilds can have control of sections and fight over it... maybe the sections can inc specific stats like battle keeps do...
    I dont say this is a good idea or what, but still...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast