Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Conan stands still (no progression)

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    How can they continue in item progression while T4 gear is already on the top and makes so much drama in the pvp section you can't speak of anything else than "nerf pve gear plz" ?
    Just divide the progressions and allow for different grinds/tiers in each (pvp, pve AND crafting as an alternative/mix to both). They already have the option to use different stats in pvp, so they could globally reduce the effectiveness of pve stuff in pvp (no need to make it useless outright). Once the division is done, they can add tiers in each without having to bother about global balance.

How can they add new content when they struggle with a little team for 3 games ? When releasing a single dungeon takes twice or three time the ETA they have given ? When Test Live is like Desert of Gobi with the hardest time to copy his char since 2011 ? Last dungeon (coils) was tested by two teams, same for Unchained one.
    Professionalism, transparency and honesty. Look at what small teams can do...and we are not talking about a new product here, we already have a huge basis. Sure, the composition and history might rule out anything that requires new reprogramming and maybe even touching too much of old code...but surely they have some editors and tools??? I know from experience, what one person and small teams can do, so i am not buying the "small team, low resource" excuse. More likely it is a problem of focus and competence, though maybe once the other stuff they do is consolidated, we will receive even minor maintenance again.

How can they bring more interesting stuff in the game ?

Everyone want moar dps, even soldiers and priests want the best crit rating % and base dps. Every Constitution or general stat item (wisdom, intell) is considered crap (see t3.5) and most of protection and survivability item are considered as best as situationnal ones. If they will release one day T5 item (which is, as best, totally a dream considering the ressources funcom have), how much did they raise the crit chance for classes like conqs, sins or DT ? 30 ? 40 ? 50 % with buffs/pots ?

If they have no other choice to bring it on another "power surge" in items budgets (not even counting the AA one), they have to reduce from 30/40% at least the current stats budgets of Kithans/T4 items cause we already passed the point of no-return. Game is already very fast, we can achieve incredible things in both PvE ( 1700 dps for tanks, more than 2000 for dps classes and soldiers in frenzy) and pvp (game is filled by instant damage sequence criting very high a.k.a bursts and compressed damage like DT fear+enough procs to **** you in 2seconds).
    Just look at the immense amount of suggesstions and discussions. People still care and they would be fools to waste this. Btw, look at anarchy online...though funcom has its disadvantages, they certainly don't give up so easy or give their "babies" away, like other companies might do. So i think it could be far worse and they took some good steps recently.

Gearwise, they have a problem since they decided to focus on quick burst and hitcrit...now they are stuck with this. What good do even 1k more hits give me, if i still get one-shotted...while in this scenario a buff to my instant stuff will be more effective? PvP offers probably the most potential where they could fix this more or less easy...and in pve this is a high class elite discussion in most cases...but again here, they could do a lot with clever instance design and the already mentioned different difficulty/access options.

i guess it might take a revelation like epiphany for funcom realize that while pve gear needs to progress pvp gear cannot.

if all pvp enabled intances forced the pvp gear on people would be easier to adjust the pvp gear and class abilities for balancing them.
    pvp needs content and systems not more power gear.

we are waiting for aa's tree to filled up to give more gameplay choices, but bringing them before classes get tweaked and revamped its idiotic to say the least.

current game content for me is learning to play my alts i dont even have enough inventory space to be motivated to go around playing my oldest char, and no achievements or leaderboards/banners to my pvp achiements/ranks to have incentive to play a pvp10 char.

pvp lvl's are a joke since huge amount of people just farmed bori to pvp 10, having a pvp10 just reveals that either you loved a class for around 2 years to play minigames day in and off or you farmed bori for 3 months.

the glyph system sounds ok if it kept unlocking new ranks of combos/abilities spells and new fatalities^^

a third aa tree sounds interesting but could be more interesting to have archtype access to other classes feat trees while locked in 1 class
    imagine a unholy hox able to use ritual of the lich and xotli tranformation.
    or even just adding a joint final endfeat to each tree requiring to reach it to have feated both current enfeats, but this ofc would require the missing class tweaks and revamps and adjusting conq given its so silly now, carnage got insainly buffed up and things like retaliation and retaliatory damage wich was already stupid got improved in brute tree, not to mention bladeweave instead of being a buff that stacks slowly to rank 10 you merely activate it from start at rank10, that ability combined with huge weapon damage and dots benefiting from it renders class way to powerfull small tweaks are needed to retaliatory outputs and bladeweave and furious inpiration proc rate so its a little slower.
    and why on earth a class who can have 2 bubbles and heavy armor with insain amount of survivability needs to be able to debuff so fast??? while before forced to use hoarfrost for it missing out on rest of buffs now every single formation and disciplines, that lvl of beduffing should be only for rogues/mages.

i already have a horrible view of new crafting they gave no assurance of keeping t2&t3 crafting everything else wont be very helpfull its crit based crafty game diurector says its so cool to have a lucky crit not understanding how not cool it is to have an item wich didnt crit and wont be sellable while only critted item will sell.
    Last edited by noite80; 13th October 2013 at 12:08.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

3 EZ things we and Funcom can do.

+ Funcom utilizes T4 gear as ingredients for crafting so now the best of the best gear is craftable. This will allow for continued gear progression without having to marginalize khitai ( people here are not looking at the $$$ dimension of all this which is what FC really all cares about.. they would love to have just 1 player in the game if that player pays a million dollar sub every month... again players and player gripe is only so important to the point they can make money off you.)

+ Keep making unchained modes for old world dungeons WITH DECENT GEAR. They could be as good if not slightly better then 3.5 raid gear but people will STILL do 3.5 in order to grab the gear for ingredients in crafting.

+we can all just pace ourselves. Don't blow through content in 1 week then hold out your tray and say "more plz!"

Funcom will ride this game exactly as it is until the amount of subs remaining doesn't generate enough money to keep the server powered on.

There will be no new expansions after RoTG and any other major changes to the game such as the vaporware crafting revamp will show up sometime after the next ice age. Badly needed class revamps such as HoX are about the only thing we could expect, but even then I wouldn't hold my breath. I mean, when was the last class revamp?

Face it folks. They spent our money, our subs, our hard earned cash with which we expected them to keep improving AoC on that other utter failure of a game; TSW. Not only that, but they keep spitting in our faces by making TSW into a pay once model, and use our subs to continue producing content for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    Funcom will ride this game exactly as it is until the amount of subs remaining doesn't generate enough money to keep the server powered on.

There will be no new expansions after RoTG and any other major changes to the game such as the vaporware crafting revamp will show up sometime after the next ice age. Badly needed class revamps such as HoX are about the only thing we could expect, but even then I wouldn't hold my breath. I mean, when was the last class revamp?

Face it folks. They spent our money, our subs, our hard earned cash with which we expected them to keep improving AoC on that other utter failure of a game; TSW. Not only that, but they keep spitting in our faces by making TSW into a pay once model, and use our subs to continue producing content for it.
    After, sifting through their Annual company reports I actually don't blame people for thinking like this. TSW is a free 2 play model, you buy it once and you have access to all of it forever. AoC is a strictly pay to play model, you have to effectively buy RoTGS to enjoy 99% of the content and then pay sub on top of it to essentially access the entire game. I'm sure the dev team is working their asses off to get the content we demand but maybe doing RP or even dipping your toes in PvP may be warranted...and try to make new content last and last (you know actually read through the dialogue, and explore the new instances, discover cool stuff etc.).

AoC is the perfect example of incompetence. Just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post

This

10chars

Another moderately interesting thread drowns in whining. What a surprise. If you lot don't have anything other than the same old pointless whining to say, shut your trap. Whining about crafting revamp or T5 or some other valid whinable thing is fine but you general doom and gloom crowd are all ****ing awful and should gtfo.
    The problem with more power, no matter if it's from new passive AAs or T5 gear or stupid class revamping, is that it obsoletes old content (and further screws up pvp but FC abandoned that ship long ago). Sure you could still do old content with your new empowered toons, but when's the last time you've been in an Onyx group? It's both boring because of facerollability and the rewards are useless to anyone with T2+ stuff. A newly added T5 would in all likelyhood do the same to all of Khitai, leaving us with even less relevant content. The standard power creep model of MMOs is self destructive to any company who can't create new content at a lightning pace.

In an ideal world, they'd be adding more flexibility and choice instead of power. If we disregard stupidity like VoM, active AA perks are a great way to do that. Or maybe a brand new system that allows you to reallocate your stats dynamically (divert all power to crit rating Scotty!). Anything that adds more choices (either preplanned or during combat) to playstyle without inflating raw power is good.

Sadly, the world is not ideal and FC's best bet to keep all those pixel magpies placated is to make T5 because if the hamsters abandon ship, it might just sink. Not to mention, the hypothetical T5 will only occupy those hamsters for a few months, followed by even louder cries for T6.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post

In an ideal world, they'd be adding more flexibility and choice instead of power. If we disregard stupidity like VoM, active AA perks are a great way to do that. Or maybe a brand new system that allows you to reallocate your stats dynamically (divert all power to crit rating Scotty!). Anything that adds more choices (either preplanned or during combat) to playstyle without inflating raw power is good.

This. You can't quote or mention this often enough, if you want longterm motivation!

I am far for suggesting that progression = power. If anything adding +5% to damage is worst, most boring and dull type of progression.

Having options, or what I have called: customization, is what adds much needed spice to otherwise pretty similar characters in terms of gear/AA/specc (this is especially evident in pvp).
    Retired

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast