Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Conan stands still (no progression)

PVE perspective:

Game needs new systems put into it because gear progression is far too linear, especially for DPS classes.

Game needs T5 because all the major raiding guilds are in a holding pattern which won't last.

Game needs DTs massively nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    PVE perspective:

Game needs new systems put into it because gear progression is far too linear, especially for DPS classes.

Game needs T5 because all the major raiding guilds are in a holding pattern which won't last.

Game needs DTs massively nerfed.
    Agreed. If T5 doesn't come out soon, it's game over for quite a few. I'm sick and tired of doing T4 and I have many full T4 toons, many others are in the same boat.

Funcom, hopefully you've done some work on Palace of Cetriss, release a few bosses, and gate the rest of the content while you work on it. Anything to give the T4 raiders something new to do, at least for a few months.
    Last edited by Texan615; 13th October 2013 at 02:59.

Seriously you need to get serious. T5 isn't in development, the crafting revamp is, you either accept that or move on.
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Quote Originally Posted by QoXTC View Post
    Seriously you need to get serious. T5 isn't in development, the crafting revamp is, you either accept that or move on.
    Sure, crafting must be more important than the 30 or so guilds that have T4 on farm... /sarcasm off

While these guild do want a crafting revamp, I'm much more sure these same T4 guilds would rather see T5 raid content vs crafting content etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frezard View Post
    Man Slith you been here since the ages. I You have such high faith for this game, I stop playing for a quite while ago and you are still around and show high compassion for this game. I feel bad for funcom not feeling the same as you do about this game.
    Thank you. I guess I am just stubborn
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Sure, crafting must be more important than the 30 or so guilds that have T4 on farm... /sarcasm off

While these guild do want a crafting revamp, I'm much more sure these same T4 guilds would rather see T5 raid content vs crafting content etc.
    I'm just saying a reality check is required. Not what you would like to happen, I wish you would get T5 . It's not going to happen though.

Crafting revamp is soon(tm).
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    so are you suggesting that I should re-do all of my pvp levels? I am pvp lvl 10 exclusively via minigames (took me 2 years to ding).
    Nah m8, I dont say that =)
    Good job on the pvp 10!
    What I want to say is that if someone gets bored from some server roll a char on rage! Lately I see a lot of ppl that come to rage stay there cos they feel a better atmosphere than on other servers. When you hit a pvp lvl or do some raid or HM you really feel that you accomplish something. On other servers it feels you are just one in a row...

I agree that the game needs a bit more content, first from the pvp aspect, second from pve aspect!
    Maybe some new maps in mini and also some new game modes like TDM!

Lightbulb

I believe that the game lacks of new PVP content.

Some suggestions (that hopefully lead to better ideas to right ears):

a) New minis' maps.

b) Mini sieges 6 vs 6 or 12 vs 12
    example: the defense team are protecting some relics/veteran tokens. If they successfully protect them they keep them or else the offense team loot 'em.
    example: Offence team make a pirate attack on ship of defense team at sea
    example: Offence team make a pirate attack on caravan of defense team at deserts of stygia

c) Arena from 1 vs 1 to 12 vs 12 with PvP events, maybe some kind of tournament

d) PvP events, let's say a new area (or a PVP instance) in tortage that players are looking for some pirate burried treasuse. They fight each other as in open world PvP. The fighting is more intence as they reach the "X" spot. The burried treasure could not necessarily be items but GPs(they are valuable too) even fc points. The instance resets every 2 hours for everyone, then again start over but the X spot will not be at the same place. That could be a 2-weeks event.
    Last edited by Noumides; 13th October 2013 at 08:31.

Lightbulb

I believe that the game lacks of new PVP content.

Some suggestions (that hopefully lead to better ideas to right ears):

a) New minis' maps.

b) Mini sieges 6 vs 6 or 12 vs 12
    example: the defense team are protecting some relics/veteran tokens. If they successfully protect them they keep them or else the offense team loot 'em.
    example: Offence team make a pirate attack on ship of defense team at sea
    example: Offence team make a pirate attack on caravan of defense team at deserts of stygia

c) Arena from 1 vs 1 to 12 vs 12 with PvP events, maybe some kind of tournament

d) PvP events, let's say a new area (or a PVP instance) in tortage that players are looking for some pirate burried treasuse. They fight each other as in open world PvP. The fighting is more intence as they reach the "X" spot. The burried treasure could not necessarily be items but GPs(they are valuable too) even fc points.

How can they continue in item progression while T4 gear is already on the top and makes so much drama in the pvp section you can't speak of anything else than "nerf pve gear plz" ?

How can they add new content when they struggle with a little team for 3 games ? When releasing a single dungeon takes twice or three time the ETA they have given ? When Test Live is like Desert of Gobi with the hardest time to copy his char since 2011 ? Last dungeon (coils) was tested by two teams, same for Unchained one.

How can they bring more interesting stuff in the game ?

Everyone want moar dps, even soldiers and priests want the best crit rating % and base dps. Every Constitution or general stat item (wisdom, intell) is considered crap (see t3.5) and most of protection and survivability item are considered as best as situationnal ones. If they will release one day T5 item (which is, as best, totally a dream considering the ressources funcom have), how much did they raise the crit chance for classes like conqs, sins or DT ? 30 ? 40 ? 50 % with buffs/pots ?

If they have no other choice to bring it on another "power surge" in items budgets (not even counting the AA one), they have to reduce from 30/40% at least the current stats budgets of Kithans/T4 items cause we already passed the point of no-return. Game is already very fast, we can achieve incredible things in both PvE ( 1700 dps for tanks, more than 2000 for dps classes and soldiers in frenzy) and pvp (game is filled by instant damage sequence criting very high a.k.a bursts and compressed damage like DT fear+enough procs to **** you in 2seconds).

If the game stands still, it's not so bad. I think the game need to slow down the progression thing, or need to find alternatives or new start. Power Creep is always the thing that create more problem than it resolve. It's usually a cheap way in Mmo industry to push people to buy their latest expansion. Hopefully or sadly, depending of the PoV and consequences, Funcom have only produced one expansion for AoC. Can they provide more content without increasing the power of our toons ? Doubt it.

Oh and also, the epic amulet of Temple of Eternal frost is not the final itemization of the dungeon, they (or he ?) still working on it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast