Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barbs, noobs, screens and fantasies (all QQ in one topic)

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    Ehrr... that one actually shows barb as second last in K/D ratio...
    Like Klaston said K/D isn't the only factor and to be honest they are all rather close to each other. Those charts are six/nine months old now so might need a bit of updating but i tried to make them as accurate as possible. They just try to show how each class really does in average during mini.

That being, if you want to prove a point, throughthedoor (or anyone), then get some proper stats. It's rather fast and simple with a spreadsheet application you fill with data after each mini while waiting for the next one.
    Throwing a bunch of selected screenshots doesn't really lead anywhere and when you've reached a certain point it might be useful to continue discussing and go past the "i'm right, you're wrong" phase.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Just like you I am not a brilliant mathematician but I think you made a few errors.

Have included yourself in those stats?

If you have they are not very valid.

This is because half of the hoxes in your calculation are not the 'average hox' on Fury but only one hox namely you.

Assume you are the best hox on Fury but the worst sin (not saying you are but bear with me for the sake of the argument).
    If you have a average 5:1 K/D ratio on your hox that means that the rest of the hoxes (aka the server 'average' hox) must have a K/D ratio of 1:5 in order to make the total K/D ratio about 1:1. The average hox then does not have a K/D ratio of 1:1 like you conclude but still of 1:5 with you just being a exception to the rule.

Same goes for sins. If your K/D is about 1:5 that means that the other sins (aka the servers 'average' sin) must have a much higher K/D ratio because 20% of the data you have is from your own sin.

It also means that if you were 'lucky' and you played 7 times with or against the same pom because you happen to play at the same times a day, that 10% of your data about poms is not a average but only data about one pom which happens to be a exceptionally good/bad player and again your conclusion is off.

You most likely have a certain time a day you play mostly so you will meet the same people in minis quite often. I also wonder if those stats would be different if you played during US prime time for example since it looks like they often play classes quite differently.

Long story short: Exclude yourself and other players you counted more then once from your calculations or count them only once.
    And also test all times a day to get a more reliable sample of the AoC population.

Vehl already acknowledged most of what you said. But there is no way of making better stats without spectator mode/replays, unless FC decides to do it themselves. Because when you play minis you will affect how much people kill and die (even if you sit in hide doing nothing you are impacting the game by making teams unbalanced). What he did is the best players can do.

While he is a good player and surely boosted hox stats a little, there are enough hoxes other than him doing great on fury, especially in pugs, so it's really still very interesting stats. Far from perfect, but only funcom can do better
    Last edited by kalston; 14th October 2013 at 13:46.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

PVP is soo easy. All you have to do is macro stupid combo's into your system and hit one single button. Not sure what everyone is bitching about!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

The only thing this thread proves is that you are farming lowbies / halfwits that have no idea how to pvp. Post some pics where your team got farmed because you were stuck with the lowbie and or no heals. And if you are considering 7-1 on a fully AAed PVP 10 barb good, then maybe you are the retard. To be honest minis on Crom have better players.

On a side note, shou, if you think it requires macros to be successful in PVP that only proves how little you really know.
    Fun fact for ya, Cambridge did a study on people and found that the more people THINK they know the LESS they actually know.... Let that sink in before you respond.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    PVP is soo easy. All you have to do is macro stupid combo's into your system and hit one single button. Not sure what everyone is bitching about!
    Not entirely, the macro thing wouldn't quite work as a good player or really most players who actively pvp would many times pre-load a combo and only hit the last step when they're in the best position against his opponent.

I do have to give some acknowledgment to pvpers as you can CLEARLY tell that pvpers have more skill then their average pver counterparts. The way they move, the way they can quickly adjust to certain situations and their very competitive nature (wait! I'm gonna solo Desumo HM!!) makes them ideal pvers. On the other hand they sometimes don't listen (as DPS is what they die and live by) and this can wipe a pve party many times.

Not sure if this a troll but... Macros are a pve thing, they cripple you in competitive pvp.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

This is good idea, but even better one would be if you macroed several combo together on one button so you get nice burst rotation. For instance: knock, finishing blow, atg, butcher....
    You would top kills all the time i bet

LOL

troll or then just dumb,, macro combos? wtf

i thought pve is the thing everyone can do.. and it is.. scripted.. boring..and mindless perk smashing
    The Law

Yes, it was a troll.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast