Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unchained Minis: When the gloves come off...

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    There would still be demo and ranger
    Sure, but they will be about as useless as a HoX using tali's in PvP.

U guys r forgetting Feat Trees
    Players with better Gear will hav advantage even in Unchained minis coz their Feat Tree will b Suited for Unchained minis, WPvP and PvE
    Unless FC makes Feat Tree system same as WoW

I can remember a time without WoF/Bindings, I don't think those abilities are needed for a demo, people just need to go back to AoE rather than spamming fog or SS and take care with their positioning.

Demo will be surprisingly strong with AA removal, especially with TTS, ChargeKB, and perhaps LTP out of the line up there will be few classes that can counter the mobility and cc's of a decently played demo.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I can remember a time without WoF/Bindings, I don't think those abilities are needed for a demo, people just need to go back to AoE rather than spamming fog or SS and take care with their positioning.

Demo will be surprisingly strong with AA removal, especially with TTS, ChargeKB, and perhaps LTP out of the line up there will be few classes that can counter the mobility and cc's of a decently played demo.
    Demo has never had a single day where it wasn't at or near the top of the food chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    The only thing to consider if AA's are removed is what class everyone will PvP with...

Not a DT = No VoM, no easy mode.
    No Ranger = No TTS/jarring shot/Deadly draw whats the point.
    No Barbs = No ATG/bone shatter/upheavel is crap anyways.
    No Demos = No WoF/Bindings of skylord.
    No Necros = No Deathly Chill/decay of nature/supreme litch form.
    No Hox'es = really needs no justification.
    No Conqs = I know its hard to believe, but without Break through/OLP/Battlefield Commander, people will have to rely on skill to be decent...urrr.

So were left with Assassin, Guard, Pom, Bear Shamman, and ToS who really dont need AA's to do well. Imo we need to keep AA's around to have some class variety. Of course there will be diehard's who like to get farmed by others that have OP abilities, but most will jump on the bandwagon as soon as they realize whats going on.
    Mate, LtP is one of the sickest things there so yeah PoM benefits from AAs as well
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

They will not remove AA's and with unchained minis nothing will change Soldiers/Pom/Ranger will dominates more easily again.
    Aess ~ Pom R10 / Rheizhyn ~ Hox R10 / Fraize ~ Barb R7 / Vilcyness ~ DT R3

Yeah but it could reduce the burst power that the tiger/T4 rangers have. They'll probably have better armor and protection, but they don't know what to do with it anyway.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by grominou View Post
    They will not remove AA's and with unchained minis nothing will change Soldiers/Pom/Ranger will dominates more easily again.
    I hope they will remove AA's, the purpose of them is to give more options to players but with the imbalance between them, it failed hard and furthermore redefinite the balance between classes and even more gameplay of some of thems.

I'm against the idea that AA's participate in class variety in pvp, it's quite the opposite, obviously.

wait, when did tos not need AAs? That must be why I see so many TOS in PVP right? An ignorant statement in terms of not ever playing the class, obviously.

Just FYI, most pvp 10 tos talk regularly on their AAs and which ones they are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Demo has never had a single day where it wasn't at or near the top of the food chain.
    1.1 demo was pretty crap but for the rest of the last 5 years it has probably been the strongest class with the least amount of developer attention.

When you consider at one point it has 2 instant KB, 1 instant stun, 1 possible near instant stun, instant root with speed buff and a .5 second root (which lasted 19 seconds) you just laugh.

The only class to match that level of OP was Ranger at 2.0 when you could kill someone with just bleeds and perhaps the first 2.0+ patch of sin until they lowered the damage.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast