Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Unchained Minis: When the gloves come off...

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    and to be honest, forum users belong 99% to the idiot category...
    phew! good thing i havent been hitting the forums as of late, would hate to be an idiot.
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    I think the real obvious question is, what is class balance even mean? I mean, what is it? Not theory, but actual implementation?

Is it all classes have same armor, same dps, same invulns, same speed, and etc?

Is it all classes are simply required to have the same gear?

Is it that all classes are given full AAs, and you pick the AA you want? Or are all classes givent he same exact AAs?

NO matter which you chose above, I can and have seen QQs about each. So I don't think its any of those.

I have seen this over the years, and class balance is usually some one not familiar with another class, got beat, and comes here and says things like TOS have too much armor, or DWW hits too hard on my necro, guards are hard to kill. The end result is someone requesting another class to be nerfed to make up for their deficiency.

IMO, the game is fine. If you want to premade, get 5 friends, and call it out in global. Then both teams sign up and wammo, you have a premade. If you cant get enough, then sign up regular minis, they pop 3 at a time. If you don't like your class, roll another. I can post screenshots over the last month of each class dominating, and coming in dead last in minis. whether it be a tos, sin, guard, or hox. Yet I hear QQs about them all the time. Why? Because gear and AAs? NO. Because funcom can never gauge skill. Period. Tonight is a great example, a pvp 9 sin went 0 and 5, and the only one on team who did not get a kill. Everyone else was 3-6 in pvp, and that is a sum of Gear and AA.

So get over it already.
    wise, wise man, ur part of the 1% smarties 'round here
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack

Perfect class balance comes down to assigning every class 3 abilities...Rock, paper, and scissors. Instead of moving or attacking you just walk up to another player click on one of the three options and if you win your opponent drops dead. Any other approach to PvP is unbalanced.

kinda hard to apply rock-paper-scissors metagame with some many classes at different lvl of development(by that I mean some classes are more developed than other - not necessarily op, but more developed) though...especially with funcoms resources.

But at the end I agree with bruceleroy, saw conqs suck balls, saw HoXes dominate and others definately saw how I suck with POM...
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234