Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unchained Minis: When the gloves come off...

Default Unchained Minis: When the gloves come off...

I have this suspicion that Unchained minis, where gear, AAs, and even insane conq damage all become even'd out will kill normal minis. I also believe if they implement leaderboards and special netags for top 3 pvpers or whatever we'll see a massive renaissance in PvP like the old days.

+No one will do normal minis because it won't show the actual skill level of a player but how well geared or OP their class is.

+New players will flock to unchained minis as the barriers to pvping well are removed(gear/aa's/class OP).

+Incentives like name tags and leaderboards and vanity armor will keep players coming.

+Unchained mini maps will help freshen up the game.

Discuss.

and the good players will still dominate and the scrubs will still get owned.

Only thing that will change is the bads will say omg you have more aa/ping/a higher chair/more coffee

They will never add in any leaderboard or any pvp stat at all incase somones feelings get hurt.

every other games has pvp stats and alot have full pages of stats for each person. Not aoc though, peoples feelings may get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    every other games has pvp stats and alot have full pages of stats for each person. Not aoc though, peoples feelings may get hurt.
    If you haven´t noticed the game has changed director... We belive to him and he belives in PvP so everything is possible
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

How they will "balance" unchained is what's ultimately interesting. How exactly do they nerf conqs and dt's ? Will they make it so that each player must wear certain gear when going in? Will it be like old school doom where you pickup randomly placed loot drops around the map?

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    How they will "balance" unchained is what's ultimately interesting. How exactly do they nerf conqs and dt's ? Will they make it so that each player must wear certain gear when going in? Will it be like old school doom where you pickup randomly placed loot drops around the map?
    They cant........

When unchained minis come, people who enjoy pvp will probably do both, whichever is happening at the time.

People who don't enjoy pvp won't do either.

People who are curious may try the new ones.

People like OP will still kvetch til the end of time/until revamp cycle makes their class OP.
    I don't make points I make dents.

I probably continue doing few normal minis a week, cause I don't like having zero options to personalisee my char so unchained minis are no-go for me.
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    I have this suspicion that Unchained minis, where gear, AAs, and even insane conq damage all become even'd out will kill normal minis. I also believe if they implement leaderboards and special netags for top 3 pvpers or whatever we'll see a massive renaissance in PvP like the old days.

+No one will do normal minis because it won't show the actual skill level of a player but how well geared or OP their class is.

+New players will flock to unchained minis as the barriers to pvping well are removed(gear/aa's/class OP).

+Incentives like name tags and leaderboards and vanity armor will keep players coming.

+Unchained mini maps will help freshen up the game.

Discuss.
    The only thing to consider if AA's are removed is what class everyone will PvP with...

Not a DT = No VoM, no easy mode.
    No Ranger = No TTS/jarring shot/Deadly draw whats the point.
    No Barbs = No ATG/bone shatter/upheavel is crap anyways.
    No Demos = No WoF/Bindings of skylord.
    No Necros = No Deathly Chill/decay of nature/supreme litch form.
    No Hox'es = really needs no justification.
    No Conqs = I know its hard to believe, but without Break through/OLP/Battlefield Commander, people will have to rely on skill to be decent...urrr.

So were left with Assassin, Guard, Pom, Bear Shamman, and ToS who really dont need AA's to do well. Imo we need to keep AA's around to have some class variety. Of course there will be diehard's who like to get farmed by others that have OP abilities, but most will jump on the bandwagon as soon as they realize whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    The only thing to consider if AA's are removed is what class everyone will PvP with...

Not a DT = No VoM, no easy mode.
    No Ranger = No TTS/jarring shot/Deadly draw whats the point.
    No Barbs = No ATG/bone shatter/upheavel is crap anyways.
    No Demos = No WoF/Bindings of skylord.
    No Necros = No Deathly Chill/decay of nature/supreme litch form.
    No Hox'es = really needs no justification.
    No Conqs = I know its hard to believe, but without Break through/OLP/Battlefield Commander, people will have to rely on skill to be decent...urrr.

So were left with Assassin, Guard, Pom, Bear Shamman, and ToS who really dont need AA's to do well. Imo we need to keep AA's around to have some class variety. Of course there will be diehard's who like to get farmed by others that have OP abilities, but most will jump on the bandwagon as soon as they realize whats going on.
    There would still be demo and ranger

Well, to be honest i dont think they should turn off AA all together in the new minis. As far as conq goes, Itd actually be very fun to use rout and besiege for once without falling behind.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast