Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Petition - Scrap Guild Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Aell View Post

Players, Game Director, Mods... I put the proposal to the House.
    yes, this total overhaul is sooo going to happen.. with current number of devs and moneys maybe somewhere in 2020+
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    yes, this total overhaul is sooo going to happen.. with current number of devs and moneys maybe somewhere in 2020+
    A lot of it is actually pretty straightforward using the toolchain already created.

What you need is somebody who can do strategy because maintaining a status quo is probably the hardest thing to do in any form of political system (which is what a factional game is).

I'd volunteer, to be honest.
    shoryuken

If they had no devs and money, they could not do the things they do on other "frontiers". It is a management and investment value as well as risk evaluation thing. You can be good at it or not...

Small teams can work wonders, if they know what to do and don't try to do too much at once.
    (which btw is a reason, i am not thinking just any new content is good and i am not complaining, if they take their time doing things right. Leaving small easy to do no harm steps out in favor of risky stuff is ....not good)
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 9th October 2013 at 14:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Leaving small easy to do no harm steps out in favor of risky stuff is ....not good)
    It's just as risky as the big stuff if you don't have a decent set of regression tests to run against the completed codebase.
    shoryuken

That's why i mentioned the "no harm" part. And of course small changes do not mean, you don't have to document them.

It's just as risky as the big stuff if you don't have a decent set of regression tests to run against the completed codebase.
    Nah to hell with unit tests. Just change the code, let the player base test it.

/howfuncomrolls
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

No, I'm saying that the requirement that your guild has a guild city in order to a) siege b) get cool pets and clothing and stuff c) apparently get bonuses to crit rolls for crafting (and that is the biggest WTF I can imagine since it effectively means that the guildless or small-guild player will never make items comparable to the player in the mega-guild) is stupid. It demands an enormous amount of time and resource spent away from the core activities of the game for bonuses to areas which are not actually relevant to guilds.

AND - people keep telling me about awesome guild cities that are possible now. But nobody has screenshots because they're not important. They are a distraction and an irrelevance which a) does not play to the strengths of the game and b) is actively physically locked away from other players.

If my guild builds the greatest guild city the world has ever seen, what use is it? They'll visit it once per month maybe or just use it as a convenience for travel or (on PvP) a safe place to log out. Nobody else will ever see it at all and the guildmembers (who are actually playing the damn game not swanning around the city) will see a fraction of it once in a blue moon.

An absolute, horrible, depressing waste.

If you could work towards making your Faction city awesome, a whole faction would see what you did. And enjoy what you did. A guild city is like making a beautiful statue and then locking it in a box.
    hmm, so basically your bitching about the bonuses you get from a reknown lvl20 guild against being guildless or low lvl reknown. instead you want a faction system that benefits slackers, carebears and leechers who simply enjoy huge benefits for free gained by sheer numbers in a certain faction.

a guild reknown lvl20 requires efforts and dedication, for those efforts you are rewarded with bonuses. fair enough.

also a guild city is just another way for players with a different approach of playing aoc. they like harvesting mats and put efforts in building nice cities, so why take it away from them? only becuase you dont like the system? very selfish here.

making suggestions and improvements is not about taking away stuff from others to satisfy your own needs but to find a way to combine both with the least sacrifices on both sides to be a viable option that can be considered for a benefitial change to the game mechanics.
    Last edited by TribunLeader; 11th October 2013 at 15:17.

AND - people keep telling me about awesome guild cities that are possible now. But nobody has screenshots because they're not important. They are a distraction and an irrelevance which a) does not play to the strengths of the game and b) is actively physically locked away from other players.

If my guild builds the greatest guild city the world has ever seen, what use is it? They'll visit it once per month maybe or just use it as a convenience for travel or (on PvP) a safe place to log out. Nobody else will ever see it at all and the guildmembers (who are actually playing the damn game not swanning around the city) will see a fraction of it once in a blue moon.

If you could work towards making your Faction city awesome, a whole faction would see what you did. And enjoy what you did. A guild city is like making a beautiful statue and then locking it in a box.
    What is not important to you might be important to others.
    You fail to understand the basics of online play, namely that there are a lot of different people playing and they are NOT thinking the same. If you are not able to respect this simple fact, then maybe you should stop wasting your time playing mmos.
    Also in your opinion, a guild city is a horrible waste because only the guild members will see it, but if a whole faction sees it, its no longer a waste.....interesting concept....so why not expand this beautiful concept even further: a faction city is a horrible waste because only one faction can see it, while the other factions can not.

No, I'm saying that the requirement that your guild has a guild city in order to a) siege b) get cool pets and clothing and stuff c) apparently get bonuses to crit rolls for crafting (and that is the biggest WTF I can imagine since it effectively means that the guildless or small-guild player will never make items comparable to the player in the mega-guild) is stupid. It demands an enormous amount of time and resource spent away from the core activities of the game for bonuses to areas which are not actually relevant to guilds.

You can actually visit the cities of other guilds as long as the instance is populated. Those instances aren't locked to only the guild members.

So the suggestion is spend a whole lot of developer time removing content. No thanks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast