Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tos LS pvp build

When I was referring to FC buffing SF and aura, I was referring to the changes over the years with the build... at one time, aura was too long to cast and had a long cool down and the bubble had a 10 minute (or more cant remember) cool down as well and the spec wasn't nearly as good.

With the constitution, I was referring to the difference in my build is taking the 5 points out of reducing the cooldown on call lightning and using 5 in constitution instead, better backing for hits. (comparison to Gank's build before my first post).

Using elemental fury as a spell is actually very useful with the insta cast LS, with 100% crit and elemental fury hits for over 4k, may of time hitting for upwards of 5k. With how much melee and soldiers are playing, elemental fury gets a lot of use.

I know there is a fangs build with AOE, but I consider it more useful with LS, mainly considering you have the range... no traps and less cc's to worry about. You don't have the impact of hitting 4+ people at the same time and destroying them in situations, but you can completely lock people down and get out of cc's very easily.

I really enjoy the AOE spec, but over the course of bad teams and changes to classes, I now look at how can I help the team, and lock down the other team as well; instead of just close range AOE.

What really made me mad about AOE spec is that bubble... 5 min cool down for a non-reliable bubble. With fangs its a nice alternative but only for single target melee situations... which is why LS with a single target approach is more appealing for me.

Jurski, didn't read all of what you stated...

It has a similar playstyle, some could say to a demo; but I can go toe to toe with POM, Demo and Ranger and most of the time have no issues.

I can burst out more damage, on a regular basis, verses these classes to actually make it more fun to specially take them out. At the same time keeping a better situational awareness of the soldiers and melee.

At first it may seem like a weak version of the class, until you get used to the playstyle associated with the LS spec. You still have LS and spells LS spec would have, in an AOE build but much different impact of the spell's burst damage. Also consider people use sparks in AOE build for debuff alone (some the full spell) but having that same ability in LS hitting harder and more consistently proc'ing makes a huge difference.

The LS spec also provides you the passive +armor penetration for melee, spell penetration and almost 100 crit chance for you and the team which is nice.

Why so many don't touch LS is because it requires preloading/debuffing and actual positioning. The lack of skill left in the combat system breeds lazy. AoE is way more easy mode. Its not about being legit its about what is easier. You can do more work and use LS or make it simple with AoE. Thats the devs fault not the players.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    Why so many don't touch LS is because it requires preloading/debuffing and actual positioning. The lack of skill left in the combat system breeds lazy. AoE is way more easy mode. Its not about being legit its about what is easier. You can do more work and use LS or make it simple with AoE. Thats the devs fault not the players.
    I've always preferred aoe due to the cc locks. It was back in the day, and now again in game, where you just get cc locked and are useless without an aoe. Add to that the pathetic mana drains... Aoes running help a little more IMO.

Besides, being legit doesn't mean you have to do something unusual. It means you do the best for the team. Whether that's aoe or ls single target.

I like the response though, the poster found something that is working for them. Congrats! That's the key to the game.

Nice if you can get it work. I just don't find stuff u get worth stuff u lose & gameplay is too passive for my taste. With demo gameplay is so much more dynamic and u can play it more agressively & have much easier time kiting + can damage&debuff while kiting.

Trollofset was using LS build for pvp 1-2 years ago , he was quite deadly with it , but apart from that havent seen others use non-nebthu spec with sucess
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Preloading/Debuffing - With AOE you actually have more of this due to AURA and SF, if you consider SC, and debuff/sparks (maybe more). For LS, you mainly have AOE debuff, cyclone (slow/proc damage/proc sparks), and sparks.

Movement - depends on the situation, but you have less attention and the ability to move more (not running away). Positioning is key, just as AOE. AOE is better kyting against heavies, some barbs (weak ones)... due to pumping AOE and procing damage while in motion. In that regard, LS has much better cc's to stop kyting and control the action.

Burst - This is where this really breaks apart. The AOE burst is easier due to it affecting (possibility of) many targets at once, even when a single target is selected. LS is mainly one target at a time but stronger burst when played right. I have hit people so hard, so fast that they cant even react to the damage and sometimes don't realize it until it is too late... they actually learn to expect it later into the mini lol.

Mana - SOOO much better with LS. This is mainly due to LS being less than 300 mana, same with a lot of the spells you use. Elemental Fury (actually is used for LS) does 900+ but very situational use. So right now, mana consumption is a good amount better, and on top of that every spell except debuffs returns mana. SF is over 1k in mana and there is a chance it may not be used and doesn't return mana as fast as LS (unless 3+ targets, debuff on them and good crits). There have been Minis with LS spec and I didn't even use mana pots with being very active in the minigame.

CC lock - just from the start with LS, you get an extra cc break for the main cc's (brain spasms, which 99% of the time works with those cc's). Not only that you are not affected by splash damage from melee, demos, etc that hit that main group (with AOE) - same with the cc's that focus on the group and not really you. The best part (LS) are the additional cc's you have, even better with constriction feated (AA), since you have more and more time to react.

Compared to a demo - well demo is rediculous at this time. ToS is much close to being balanced than the demo is at pretty much anytime in the existence of Age of Conan (exceptions did happen). I can tear demos apart... can I always burst like them no... due to their DOTs (fire) plus a good amount of shorter spells.

The main weakness of LS are good soldiers. They are a weakness of AOE as well, but AOE has better kyting for them (SF and ARUA) and bubble when it comes down to it. LS is much stronger against rangers and sins when played right.

After stating all that it is much easier to "mess Up" with the LS spec and is much less forgiving. Better control, less defense, knowing how to burst properly and knowing when to bolt! So it is easier to be "ok to good" with an AOE, but when you get good with LS, the above statements are correct (The post in general).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12