Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imagine if pve gear gave 0 (zero) armor in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Imagine if all the people that farmed bori (pve) had their pvp stats reduced for each sacrifice...

Funny how all the bori queens are now the loudest complainers now that T4 gears are becoming prolific.

You lost the edge, youve been holding on to tight. HAhaha

Best pve weapon should be obtained at pvp 10, it should cost 300 campaing badges, 4 gold, and 2500 conquest trophy

best pvp weapon obtainable from t4... OH WAIT BUT IT IS! :>
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Best pve weapon should be obtained at pvp 10, it should cost 300 campaing badges, 4 gold, and 2500 conquest trophy

best pvp weapon obtainable from t4... OH WAIT BUT IT IS! :>
    Nobody cares apart from the bori queens too stubborn to go T4.
    Nobody cares about your T4 gear qq anymore.

I have a suggestion: Why not ask Funcom for a rebalancing of PvP gears so the top tier is on a par with full T4 pve gear? Why not raid T4, its easy when you know how. Why not make some suggestions on how to fix pvp? Because make no mistake, the PVP systems and Gears are whats broken. PVE is just fine.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

My sin has t4 gear so i dont know what u are mumbling.

My point is, why best pvp weapon obtained from pve while best pve weapon also obtainable from pve?

I want pvp weapon from pvp, NOT from pve, so why dont u sit back go back to ur monastery runs, and post dmg parcels
    The Law

oh and saying raiding t4 is easy is just stupid, u know someone has irl? they dont raid whole night and then wake up after 2h for work / schools.

BOri queen? ye 2k+ minis with my sin is bori queen, THATS RIGHT!
    another 1k with barb etc etc
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    oh and saying raiding t4 is easy is just stupid, u know someone has irl? they dont raid whole night and then wake up after 2h for work / schools.

BOri queen? ye 2k+ minis with my sin is bori queen, THATS RIGHT!
    another 1k with barb etc etc
    Psh yeah right you don't pvp

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    I have a suggestion: Why not ask Funcom for a rebalancing of PvP gears so the top tier is on a par with full T4 pve gear?

LOL yeah because nobody has ever mentioned that idea before!

/signed

making anything as powerful as kesh blues tops
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack

Default torments to not having mitigation (pve vs pvp gear)

WEll my point is that isn't fair (like most things in this game) that a demo can come after me in full t4 gear (best mitigation at t4 quality and best damage) but if I come at the demo in t4 i have no prot so the demo has more mitigation than I have prot UNLESS I use pvp t3 gear which puts me at a very large dps disadvantage. SO if both demo had no mitigation and I didn't have prot while useing t4 gear we would be a little bit more on the same page. That's like the demo starting off with 3.5 stacks of torment and me starting off with 5 elemental torments. Still better for demo but it isn't as bad as having me with 5 elemental and demo with no torments (by comparison)

This wouldn't solve anything. Sins loose 10-15% armor while soliders loose 45-60%. Still sins would be able to do the same damage against soliders who will recive -50% hp face stabs.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    Imagine if pve gear gave 0 (zero) armor in pvp
    So basically pve gear would give no armor and no prot (not just no prot) would that be more fair for the class balance?
    Yes, it would be ideal.

IF and only IF, PvP armour and weapons also gave no bonuses.

Then we could forget the grind and actually have fun.
    shoryuken

One BIG advantage would be, that, if you divide up the grinds, you could have completely different progression curves for pvp and pve.

For example it is obvious that in pvp the preference lies in a less steep curve, saying that the difference between pvp10 gear and pvp0 gear is not as high as the one between tier4 and tier0 for example. You could even go as drastic as Aell suggested, because you would have more control. E.g. you can make areas or minis with exactly that ruleset.

Also you don't have to make pvp progression as linear as it is now. For example pvp factions could add more variety and specialization options...so a pvp10 geared cimmerian faction guy might have different focus than a pvp10 geared stygian faction guy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12