Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: HOX in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Manczurow View Post
    hox is good , but you need change your play style run around like monkey and hfb !!
    sounds like fun , anyway when u play hox everyone and their mother will leave their current targets and hunt u down like animal coz u have sign on ur forehead "i can be 2 shoted by any class and 1 shoted by 6 out of 12". Hox is fun to play vs bad and undergeared players and totaly frustrating vs pvp7+ and t4 toons. Dmg is maybe high but its just too damn slow for survability u have, ranger can kill u in around 5 sec, sinn-same timeframe, pom- lets say 6-8 sec, all soldiers under 10 sec. Necro - oh lol damn dots are the best when u have no healer in team and so on. My advice is if u are new player avoid hox at any cost( pvp wise) coz u will quit the game in a week once when u hit 80.

Blacksoulx, all healers and DPS classes can be targeted. Herald of Xotli was doing well in minigames in crafted culture gear with no AAs. Today, it has a lot of AAs by level 80, and is even stronger. There are ways to kill rangers, there are ways to avoid DoTs, and there are ways to survive; and they can all be used by the HoX class.
    And learning never caused a serious person to quit.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Blacksoulx, all healers and DPS classes can be targeted. Herald of Xotli was doing well in minigames in crafted culture gear with no AAs. Today, it has a lot of AAs by level 80, and is even stronger. There are ways to kill rangers, there are ways to avoid DoTs, and there are ways to survive; and they can all be used by the HoX class.
    And learning never caused a serious person to quit.
    M8 just stop missleading new people, u dont have a clue about PvP in this game even if u have high pvp lvl toon!
    Hox is one of the worst pvp class in this game (some say the worst).
    Only way to shine in a mini game is for Hox to be the only good geared have healer beside him and played vs opponent nabs.
    Eaglesheart

It depends. Double-step backwards, purge, transformation, just pure movement, or hellfire breath for interruption and running away. It is not hard.
    If it is a Charge-KB like OP asked, the most likely thing that will happen is that you land on your back. What you wrote above only counts if you already suspect him to try to KB you with his charge, which you most likely won't do since most conq's these days use BoA whenever its up.

What to do after this pretty much depends. If you get kicked by decent conqs you'll be half-dead until you're back on your feet, so you should try to get away and back to your team. Though there are a few baddy-conqs that you'll kill easily, usually they have quite good survival skills, making the fight long and you likely to become target to the conq's teammates.

Generally I'd say that HoX is not that hard to play in PvP but needs more gear than other classes to survive, and has to rely on the team working together a bit more than others.
    It's a lot more fun like this anyway, since you'll be able to hinder enemy movement and interrupt their skills far more effectively if you stay in vicinity of your team.
    The only things I'd like to see changed about HoX is the snare when using the bubble should be removed when it's fully feated and the anti-root being too far down the General-Tree, making Avatar-Builds in PvP a lot more susceptible to sins
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by 2feet View Post
    M8 just stop missleading new people, u dont have a clue about PvP in this game even if u have high pvp lvl toon!
    Hox is one of the worst pvp class in this game (some say the worst).
    Only way to shine in a mini game is for Hox to be the only good geared have healer beside him and played vs opponent nabs.
    I bet none of us have a clue on PVP, as everyone complains on something that others deem subjectively wrong. No one misleads anyone here (except for the paradox of misleading on saying that someone is misleading ), as it is spoken from personal experience and tested on fresh new characters. Also, there have been other people with level 0-3 who ruled minigames as this class.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    The only things I'd like to see changed about HoX is the snare when using the bubble should be removed when it's fully feated and the anti-root being too far down the General-Tree, making Avatar-Builds in PvP a lot more susceptible to sins
    Funcom chose the right place for Purge: any mage class needs to surrender some of his DPS to get to anti-CC ability. I cannot speak for the bubble as I never use it, but at least HoXes are not paralyzed like PoMs.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 7th October 2013 at 10:07.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Again these clueless discussions.. im gonna back up maelkjar and blacksoulx.
    The Law

Funcom chose the right place for Purge: any mage class needs to surrender some of his DPS to get to anti-CC ability. I cannot speak for the bubble as I never use it, but at least HoXes are not paralyzed like PoMs.
    To me HoX is somewhat a hybrid between mage and rogue because it has fragments of both inside it, therefore it might be worth considering strengthening the rogue-part a tiny bit via a little more survivability.
    Purge can stay where it is, still i think there should be an ability deep down in the ava-tree doing something similar, maybe replacing "Hellfire Feast" which is nearly useless anyway. Poss-Gen (your spec, i bet) won't need that as it already has each and every feat that increases mobility anyway.

About you not using the "bubble": I thought you play on Crom, so you like the bombcrits of T4-sins then? Don't tell me you evade them all.
    Btw PoM is a BAD class to compare when talking about bubbles, as they have 2 bubbles to start with and even if SoM snares them a LOT, it's still one of 2 100%-Bubbles, while PC is a 50%-Bubble with a self-snare even if feated and on top of that a written invitation for necs to nuke you.
    Perhaps that makes it the most balanced bubble in game, it just sucks in comparison to those the others have
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 7th October 2013 at 11:30.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

I tend to agree with LunaticAsylum for my part. I don't find hox to be gear dependant since the increase of surviability is limited anyway. With similar gear a conq won't one shot you on charge + Kb. If he goes for BB VII you'll interupt before the end. If he goes for BB V it will do less damage and you'll interrupt his following WW. Then CC rotation and keeping range will keep you safe.

To cast a fear in pvp no need to go behind a corner or what so ever. It's mostly like when you're on a sin trying to fear. If your oponnent is at hugging distance and moves decently your changes of missing are high. Take two step back and enjoy the 7m range.

You can't compare HoX PC to any bubble out there since unlike the other bubbles, the HoX one isn't a panic button. If you cast it when you're a 20% health like the others it's fair to assume you're going to waste it. Since it lasts 26 seconds without heavy mana drain, i guess it's sort of an Avatar with defensive purpose. Except when you have necros in the opposit team PC works very well.

HoX is easy to play i agree the mechanics are pretty simplistic, PvP wise, but demands extra awareness. You need to move your camera and look around you at all times to avoid rangers, necros and good demos (read: those that don't heal you with WoF all the time) nuking from distance unchallenged. Every class should do that but HoX is probably the one where it's the most important. You can't roam on your own like most melee class so you have to pay attention to what your team is doing and follow instead of expecting to be followed.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    I tend to agree with LunaticAsylum for my part. I don't find hox to be gear dependant since the increase of surviability is limited anyway. With similar gear a conq won't one shot you on charge + Kb. If he goes for BB VII you'll interupt before the end. If he goes for BB V it will do less damage and you'll interrupt his following WW. Then CC rotation and keeping range will keep you safe.

To cast a fear in pvp no need to go behind a corner or what so ever. It's mostly like when you're on a sin trying to fear. If your oponnent is at hugging distance and moves decently your changes of missing are high. Take two step back and enjoy the 7m range.

You can't compare HoX PC to any bubble out there since unlike the other bubbles, the HoX one isn't a panic button. If you cast it when you're a 20% health like the others it's fair to assume you're going to waste it. Since it lasts 26 seconds without heavy mana drain, i guess it's sort of an Avatar with defensive purpose. Except when you have necros in the opposit team PC works very well.

HoX is easy to play i agree the mechanics are pretty simplistic, PvP wise, but demands extra awareness. You need to move your camera and look around you at all times to avoid rangers, necros and good demos (read: those that don't heal you with WoF all the time) nuking from distance unchallenged. Every class should do that but HoX is probably the one where it's the most important. You can't roam on your own like most melee class so you have to pay attention to what your team is doing and follow instead of expecting to be followed.
    if players are geared and know how to play and teams are even u are just waste of space, u are just 1 guy less coz of constant pressing of rez button. Theres no heal that can save u when ranger KB u and tts u for 3,5k or when sinn plant bomb for 4k and dww or facestab u. Two guys if they are not mentally challenged need around 4-5 sec to burst u down even with blue heal on. 1 kb and u are good as dead before u are on ur feet thats how things are when class is not revamped for 3-4 years and everyone is t4 geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    It does not give health if fatality don't proc, or is it ?
    Aw snap. Now I'm doubting if you get the health on a regular hit. When you read the combo descriptions, it sounds like you get the HP if it lands. I'll pay extra attention to it next time I use it in PVP.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast