Thread: Help with solo/6man build

Default Help with solo/6man build

returning player from a few years ago. Decided to level up a hox. Hes now 80. I am after a solo build for faction grind, and 6 man dungeons. I have a poss build I run for pvp that ive been using and would like to try out the hybrid specs. Unfortunately, I cant seem to open any of the posted builds on the other posts. I don't know if they are all old and taken down or what. Anyways could someone line me out on what a solid build would be? I am not after "max" raid dps, something more well rounded for every day play, but will still keep me useful to a group as dps role. Also I read that INT isn't what to look for on gear but rather magic damage?

Lots of people used joharaoc.eu for their feats, but the website looks to be down. So here's a link to the build I use from aocfeats.com

http://aocfeats.com/feat/hox/12b1adb...bf441be1a1be7c

This probably isn't an optimal build, as I use this as a personally-tailored build that does decently in both 6-mans and solo dungeons so it suits my purposes for the most part. If you want, you can take the feats in the Possession tree out of Roots of Hell and Improved Word of Command to put into Spitfire, I personally like the extra range cc and cc resist for tackling mobs in the field.

For the most part, it's a solid Avatar/Poss hybrid build. In the Avatar tree, BtD buffs are a must, PoIF cooldown reduction is handy, can then slot two PoIF's (II and III) into your combo rotation and, alongside Fire Lance and BtD, you will have pretty much no downtime between combos and spells. Insta-Inferno Curse becomes a viable debuff for the HoX.

On the Poss side, using Inferno at max stacks is really great for laying down the AoE and helps when you need to be on the run. Off the top of my head, I can name Runemaster Narvi in HoC and Caverns of Malice HM as two 6-man instances where it comes especially in handy for taking on lots of mobs. Phoenix Wings makes Phoenix Cloak bearable and handy as an oh-**** button in tough spots where heavy-hitting mobs turn on you, as with Zealots in the High Priest Syth-los in HoC or again, the mobs in Caverns of Malice HM, especially when your group is clueless or otherwise preoccupied and can't yank them off you right away. The one point in Molten Flesh is just for niche survivability and showing off. Ignore all the fire attacks from bosses with it, great for pulling away bombs from the Challenger in the 5 bosses in HoC.

Try it out, tweak it to your own liking, and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    Lots of people used joharaoc.eu for their feats, but the website looks to be down. So here's a link to the build I use from aocfeats.com

http://aocfeats.com/feat/hox/12b1adb...bf441be1a1be7c

This probably isn't an optimal build, as I use this as a personally-tailored build that does decently in both 6-mans and solo dungeons so it suits my purposes for the most part. If you want, you can take the feats in the Possession tree out of Roots of Hell and Improved Word of Command to put into Spitfire, I personally like the extra range cc and cc resist for tackling mobs in the field.

For the most part, it's a solid Avatar/Poss hybrid build. In the Avatar tree, BtD buffs are a must, PoIF cooldown reduction is handy, can then slot two PoIF's (II and III) into your combo rotation and, alongside Fire Lance and BtD, you will have pretty much no downtime between combos and spells. Insta-Inferno Curse becomes a viable debuff for the HoX.

On the Poss side, using Inferno at max stacks is really great for laying down the AoE and helps when you need to be on the run. Off the top of my head, I can name Runemaster Narvi in HoC and Caverns of Malice HM as two 6-man instances where it comes especially in handy for taking on lots of mobs. Phoenix Wings makes Phoenix Cloak bearable and handy as an oh-**** button in tough spots where heavy-hitting mobs turn on you, as with Zealots in the High Priest Syth-los in HoC or again, the mobs in Caverns of Malice HM, especially when your group is clueless or otherwise preoccupied and can't yank them off you right away. The one point in Molten Flesh is just for niche survivability and showing off. Ignore all the fire attacks from bosses with it, great for pulling away bombs from the Challenger in the 5 bosses in HoC.

Try it out, tweak it to your own liking, and have fun.
    Thanks a lot man. Gives me a good starting point!

Probably best all around spec http://is.gd/wJ4K0t
    Although being slightly less geared I'd recommend you drop butcher and take knowledge of the underworld.
    Artreborn - HoX FOREVER!!!
    PvP 6 - 8k+ Kills/2.5k+ deaths, Suicide Style!

Quote Originally Posted by artreborn View Post
    Probably best all around spec http://is.gd/wJ4K0t
    Although being slightly less geared I'd recommend you drop butcher and take knowledge of the underworld.
    That's what I use. But I do agree, until you get a weapon with a high base DPS, Knowledge of the Underworld will outperform Butcher.

I can't see the 2nd link posted for some reason. Is there a different builder you could post it on for me?

http://aocfeats.com/feat/hox/12b1adb...bf441be1a1bafb

This is their build, with knowledge of the underworld over butcher for new HoX, take the 4 points out of knowledge and one point out of xotli's vengeance up top to put into butcher when you get a nice decent 2-hander like the Hyrkanian one.

Hox is pretty low on variety department. There's the possession spec and the hybrid spec.

Hybrid spec has a few thing you must have: Horrible Visage, Thundering Flames, Avatar, Flaming Hatred, Flame of Xotli, Blood Pit, Firelance, Butcher or Knowledge of Underworld (depending on your weapon dps) and Glorious Exultation. So long as you get all these, you're golden. Everything else is either filler to open them up or extra bits and pieces you like (resurrection, more charge, better Cloak, fire invulnerability, spitfire, instant ruin, mana drain).