Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HOX in pvp

Default HOX in pvp

I have an 80 hox on Fury (Roujone) but I haven't played it much sense it seems like it is so hard to survive I wanted to see what ppl had to say about it. I see sometimes that players do quite well (like if team is winning hox may hog all the kills) but in group, sense hox is easy kill, most ppl hone it.

Is hox hard/week in pvp because ppl hone it or is it just bad for other reasons.

Say a conq charge kb you, (on a barb I would use escape artist and then maybe haste to speed run away if I take too much damage) but what would a Hox do?
    Also, should a hox have light armor instead of cloth or do they just need more cc escape like barb. (my barb has 4 cc breaks and excellent ballance) Hox has aa one and roots of hell but is that enough?

Hox is wery simple to play, it is good when team support in minis (rarely happen in pug)

Sure, barb has way more tools for survival in pvp than hox. More cc's, more cc breaks, more hp, more hp regen.

Even with less survival tools, it's possible to survive as a HoX. Here are some basic survival tips. (Apologies if these are obvious to you)

Prefight
    - If you have a healer, always grab a blue heal before going into a fight.
    - Keep tabs on your Phoenix Cloak cooldown and activate Phoenix Cloak before engaging a group.

Mid-Fight
    - Look out for big combos about to hit you and interrupt them with feated hellfire breath. Hfb and then root is good for creating space.
    - Dodging combos: after the enemy lands a white hit on you, try sprinting and strafing to the side of your opponent to throw off the aim of the incoming combo.
    - Landing fear can be difficult due to the 1sec casting time. A decent way to improve your odds in landing it is to retreat around a corner, and when the enemy turns that corner to chase you, cast the fear on reaction. (hellfire breath then fear is also good here)
    - In a 1v1 situation, after landing a stun, go for an I eat your heart combo to gain HP. The cooldowns are similar, so it can be an easy way to keep tabs on both abilities.
    - In group pvp, get a feel for how much you can “get away with” staying in a hot zone. Each match is different. Some matches you'll have time to fire off Btd6. Other times you will get focused by multiple opponents and all you can do is sprint around and land hellfire breaths or flame lashes from a distance.

Post-fight
    - Check your cooldowns. Check your PVE objectives

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    Say a conq charge kb you, (on a barb I would use escape artist and then maybe haste to speed run away if I take too much damage) but what would a Hox do?
    Wait until his back is turned, rise from the dead and shank his kidney. (warning: might not actually work)

Quote Originally Posted by Supermeng View Post
    Sure, barb has way more tools for survival in pvp than hox. More cc's, more cc breaks, more hp, more hp regen.

Even with less survival tools, it's possible to survive as a HoX. Here are some basic survival tips. (Apologies if these are obvious to you)

Prefight
    - If you have a healer, always grab a blue heal before going into a fight.
    - Keep tabs on your Phoenix Cloak cooldown and activate Phoenix Cloak before engaging a group.

Mid-Fight
    - Look out for big combos about to hit you and interrupt them with feated hellfire breath. Hfb and then root is good for creating space.
    - Dodging combos: after the enemy lands a white hit on you, try sprinting and strafing to the side of your opponent to throw off the aim of the incoming combo.
    - Landing fear can be difficult due to the 1sec casting time. A decent way to improve your odds in landing it is to retreat around a corner, and when the enemy turns that corner to chase you, cast the fear on reaction. (hellfire breath then fear is also good here)
    - In a 1v1 situation, after landing a stun, go for an I eat your heart combo to gain HP. The cooldowns are similar, so it can be an easy way to keep tabs on both abilities.
    - In group pvp, get a feel for how much you can “get away with” staying in a hot zone. Each match is different. Some matches you'll have time to fire off Btd6. Other times you will get focused by multiple opponents and all you can do is sprint around and land hellfire breaths or flame lashes from a distance.

Post-fight
    - Check your cooldowns. Check your PVE objectives
    Thx for the info.
    Just one thing, I though the "i eat your heart" only works with minions? Guess i was wrong.

It does not give health if fatality don't proc, or is it ?
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

First thing, HoX is very strong in PVP. It is not "weak" as you say.

HoX in PVP has the same learning curve as a barbarian. It is hard at the start; but in the end, enemies will melt, and you will never regret picking the best PVP class!

I Eat Your Heart does not work on PVP players as fatality, but it is a good way to hit another HoX with Molten Flesh.

I prefer this for maximum survival in PVP: Purge (General), maximum protection/armor in General, raid or Khitan belt, shoulders, wrists, gloves and PVP boots, chest, legs, hat.

If you are looking which AA to train, prioritize Ethereal Escape and Red Shadows of Xotli, then go for protections (PVE tree).

It depends. Double-step backwards, purge, transformation, just pure movement, or hellfire breath for interruption and running away. It is not hard.

Also, should a hox have light armor instead of cloth or do they just need more cc escape like barb. (my barb has 4 cc breaks and excellent ballance) Hox has aa one and roots of hell but is that enough?
    No! Cloth armor is enough and CCs what we have are enough. What are you talking about? First, you try to ruin the barbarian class, now you went up to HoX! Barbarians are the CC class, and they win on kills through that. HoXes are AoE destroyers with Ethereal Escape and Purge. Nothing more is needed.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 7th October 2013 at 05:23.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    Snip..
    I really recommend you to stop bitching about all the differences of the classes. There are - 12 - classes, for a reason. Variety. Simplicity and difficulty. Some players can become terrific Assassins but never good HoXes.

Perhaps Age of Conan is not your type of game, but rather some other game where prerequisites for fighting is the same for all participants of a minigame. In other words, all people play the same classes, same gear, same build, same user interface, and the servers must be placed on the moon so ping is equal for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeri View Post
    I really recommend you to stop bitching about all the differences of the classes. There are - 12 - classes, for a reason. Variety. Simplicity and difficulty. Some players can become terrific Assassins but never good HoXes.

Perhaps Age of Conan is not your type of game, but rather some other game where prerequisites for fighting is the same for all participants of a minigame. In other words, all people play the same classes, same gear, same build, same user interface, and the servers must be placed on the moon so ping is equal for everyone.
    I think Guild Wars 2 is the game for Throughthedoor, as he even tries to give similar abilities to melee classes (unnecessary DoTs for Barbarians, for example, as some other melee classes have it).
    If you need basic tips on the HoX, poke me in the game, Jygger!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

hox is good , but you need change your play style run around like monkey and hfb !!
    TYFON - HoX pvp 10
    MALZAHAR - PoM pvp 7

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast