Thread: Graphics on armors and characters are terrible

Default Graphics on armors and characters are terrible

Got a problem that graphics reset to low/medium after I log out of game and back in again. Also, graphics on characters including my own are very bad and not detalied. Kind of like foggy glasses... I hit F10, choose "high" and the graphics are still bad. I choose "raid-pvp" setting and then "high" again and it looks good until next restart.. Tried most stuff now and got no idea whats next to do to try fix it.

* Replaced the game installation.
    * Removed SweetFX.
    * Updated GFX drivers.
    * Set graphics settings to default and tried "high" again with no luck.

Any other tips? Thanks in advance.

Wow, that is a tough one.

First I would delete the entire Funcom Folder under Local Disk\Users\username\AppData\Local

You will need to enable Hidden Folders to do this. This is not the game folder, but the folder where game preferences/chat logs are saved.

This should clear it out as the settings may be corrupt.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

What gui are you using?

Game/video settings are saved on your machine. Obviously you got something going on that cannot be solved here.
    Last edited by Halfdead; 8th October 2013 at 18:24.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Stonerune UI. Using the same version as on my other computer. I have two installs of AoC now on the "bad one" - the original one, and one that I copied from my "fine" computer. Both installs has the problem.

Account that runs completely fine has
    Windows 8, Z87, 4770K, 16GB, HD7950. Runs DX10.

Account that has the problem has
    Windows 7, Z77, 3770K, 8GB, HD7870. Runs DX9.

When I log the other account on the pc that runs fine, it is fine. If I log my fine account on the pc that don't run fine, it doesn't on that one either. So it is tied to the computer somehow but **** if I have a clue now.

If I select "Raid/PvP" graphics setting, the character armors are fine and detailed like they should, and it persists through relog / zoning. If i change to "High" after I selected "Raid / PvP" it is still fine, but goes bad after relog / zoning. Everything else looks crap though...

About to go mental on this one and its not long before I use do a complete reinstall of the system.

Have you checked the texture part?
    Since settings are sometimes (or rather always) get messed up when you log in the same account on different computers, you might want to change both character and ground textures are on high, log off and then relog back in and check, if they are still on high.
    It might also be your graphic card has some more settings about textures.
    I assume this effect is not getting better over time? After some patches i had for several minutes in inventory the low res textures, but they got loaded back eventually in time (might have something to do with the patcher download settings you have about loading maps and textures).

Texture part in patcher is fine. I have changed all options and tested for like 10 hours this crap problem today. I have also run the offline directx installer and no improvement in DX9.

The game has the highest available bandwith, is stored on an SSD, and my internet connection is 50mbit. If that was the problem, it would also be a problem on the other computer. They have around the same performance overall.

I did find some updates that had installed on the computer "under my radar" and removed them. Lets see if I can get this thing DX10 + SweetFX stable, because that does work as intended with pretty graphics all around.

Updates I removed was KB2866337, KB2506928, KB2545698, KB2547666, KB2786081 and KB2799926. (thanks Ekorn, in the post you made in SweetFX thread.)
    Last edited by Zoeri; 8th October 2013 at 21:47.