Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pvp t4 gear

Yes but you are talking about pve ^^ i don't see you in pvp minigames ,and we're talking about pvp here... In my opinion gearing up in pvp system is too long ,it should be 2x faster

Well I do minis but after my 10th weekly mini, I'm so bored by it that I stop for rest of the week. And yeah, it's definitely too long and too grindy, that's for sure. That's why I was suggesting rework of pvp gear and not adding pvp t4 :P
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Quote Originally Posted by nuadar View Post
    Well I do minis but after my 10th weekly mini, I'm so bored by it that I stop for rest of the week. And yeah, it's definitely too long and too grindy, that's for sure. That's why I was suggesting rework of pvp gear and not adding pvp t4 :P
    Most PvPers said that about raids
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I would like to see PvP lvl 4 gear in game so we can see at least some people in Bori (and haunt them ofc)
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Most PvPers said that about raids
    Well raids are raids, whole point of it is to progress and slowly get premium gear. Closest pve thing to pvp system is grinding factions, moas and trophies, all of these with greatly improved speed so making pvp less grindy would be imho ok
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

you will never balance pvp while gear progression matters in pvp.
    pve is based on gear progression pvp is based in personal development in skill and learning to play in a team.

if any place where pvp is enabled players were given full aa's and choice between 1 pvp survival set and 1 pvp dps set balancing particular class abilities would be easier to adjust either by gear or code tweaks to those particular classes abilities/spells/combos/aa's.

integration of pve gear for pvp was installed already with kithai expansion, even if it wasnt intended there are several factions offering gear with pvp relevant stats like increased protection/evade/immunity some are interesting some are pure crap
    example bb barbarian set is very interesting for pvp along side shadows sin and mage evade sets the evade stacks up very noticeably with side stepping+back step evasion.
    only truely bad sets are all cheng-ho faction sets.

it was quite stupid imho they didnt integrate factions with pvp strait off with simple faction quests to kill players of oposing factions and allowing guilds to have facton representatives in guild cities to have espionage/sabotage type pvp quests to do against enemy guilds.
    if they had world pvp wouldnt be in sad state it is today with no incentive whatsoever to do it, and open world pvp content revolving around ganking questers and people trying to pve...
    Last edited by noite80; 7th October 2013 at 14:41.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I think WoW did their gear the right way. In open world, there's always a gear imbalance. But in arena's and battlegrounds, if you don't have gear with PvP attack/spell power on it, your damage is completely garbage.

PvP T4 is already in game, all it takes is to fill it up with stats.

Screenies here:

http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2010/...vp-6-gear.html
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Even hardcore rock clicking takes forever once you hit pvp 8+.

They just need to reduce experience needed for each pvp level.

As a side note, my guardian with only 3 points in each ward and 4 points in chromatic wearing t1 pvp armor has a magic mitigation of 32% in frenzy, and that's without a shield or death's ward. My full AA pvp 10 demo sits at 24.9%, I don't understand funcom's logic behind how they figure magic mitigation for soldier armor but if your a caster in t3 pvp gear bombing tanks in t3 pvp gear your not doing anything for damage. DPS classes should have much more crit damage, crit chance, and pure damage built into pvp armor, tanks should be tanky, healers should have healing stats. The generalized armor route they have gone since launch is way over dated, pvp armor needs a big upgrade...

Just do yourself a favor and get t4 pve gear, the pvp armor for the most part (unless your a tank) is not worth it.

Put ur mouse above ur soldier mitigation and discover the wonderworld of not bein ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast