Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have BIG question to GameDirector

The almighty grindmill and its junky slaves is the whole problem here. If they don't add T4+ places with appropriate loot, those T4 hamsters (whose only motivation to play any game seems to be "get moar l00tz")* will complain about lack of incentive to play. If they do add T4+ places with appropriate loot, they'll be 1) trivializing even more of their old content (thus actually decreasing total "usable" content despite having added a brand new raid) 2) increasing the already massive difference between new and old players further.

A T4 clad, AAed out hamster is already virtually lv86, for whom almost all content is trivial. If there's a new T5 this hidden level cap will go even higher. How exciting and fun is it to do Halls of Frost (L72) with a full group of 80s? As exciting as doing Atzel's Fortress (L80) with a full group of T4 hamsters. T5 will surely atzelize Khitai and T3 (if they aren't already).

FC is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Unfortunately, their best bet is damnation by doing and adding T5 and further to keep those hamsters running. It's those hamsters who bring in the subs after all.

*There are some raiders who understand that the one and only point of having better gear is to be able to fight against bigger foes, but they're a depressingly small minority. Yes, I'm aware of the irony of this statement.

Not necessarily. They could take a look what makes Khitai valid: factions and dungeons with rare tokens and different modes.

So, nothing is really stopping them to globalize factions, critigation, tenacity etc. and adding more lands...and add rare tokens to instances (including more modes). Unchained is one step in this direction...the bad thing is, that it might not be fast enough for the hamsters, but the good thing is, that you can add and change things step by step...you need to work to better the game, not feed the hamsters.

Another thing is, that they should work on modes or instances that can be set to various difficulties (e.g. let the player scale, not the game like in oasis now. So, if i want to run a dungeon of this kind in lvl50 mode as 80, let me. Same, if i want to run it in lvl85 as 80, let me too. Such things can be perfectly combined with random elements.

Honestly, who really cares about Khitai at this point? That expansion is over and done. The only reason people are in Khitai is that for your time as an 80 it is really the only place to go. It handles a wide of range of new to potent 80's that can be survivable. The mini packs such as dragon spine and turan are fails simply because they do not scale well enough. Either your grind is way to easy for regular questing or you need very good raid/purple khitai gear for the dungeons. There is not much in between. They need to invest in a new broad expansion that can take the place of Khitai. There has to be a reason to keep purchasing a sub. F2P will not sustain this game at its current pace. There is not enough new, shiny loot in the item shop to keep either the role-players occupied with social gear or the rich kids who want an edge by buying the cool weapons and armor that would give a real advantage in the game. Thus you really do need subs to keep the game going. If they had a better item store like they do in TSW you could move the game to F2P with more success but the item store is a real failure for AOC.

Author is absolutely right.
    Fancom have small team and low resources for upgrade game. Why they spend money and time to make 101 dungeon with resembling loot, who peoples can get in other 100 dungeons? A lot of players already have T4 gear and don't interesting about items with lower parametrs, especially PvP oriented players!
    Last edited by Ernests; 15th October 2013 at 06:30.

Making "hamsters" happy is what funds your game at the beginning, with money from "hamsters" you can after some time redo old content into something more feasible for casuals who in turn shower you with even more money. Then you just cycle this process, make exciting new content to look forward to and after getting enough money from it, turn something older into something that works well with your new content.

But first you ofc need a new game and you need to not mess up..not even once...cause if you do, your game will become "forever niche" game like one we're playing right now Ofc playing niche game isn't necessarily disaster, you just can't expect same speedy content rotation you see in mainstream games and you have to be more forgiving towards developers.
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

PvP oriented players often try to get the best equipment faster then other players. It's not a secret for nobody that T4 items mostly is better for PvP. But T4 gear is all around in mini-games and sieges, no more chance to be superior as most people

Quote Originally Posted by pipetka View Post
    I can't understand only one, really as funcom actually considers that all this content is necessary to someone? ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Author is absolutely right.
    Fancom have small team and low resources for upgrade game. Why they spend money and time to make 101 dungeon with resembling loot, who peoples can get in other 100 dungeons?
    1) old veteran players don't interested new dungeons, because they have the best items like T4;
    2) new players don't interested new dungeons, because more easily is to go to old dungeons and fast to get necessary gear, then wipe more times and look for new tactics in new dungeons.
    Last edited by Ernests; 15th October 2013 at 09:22.

Well my guild is full of hamsters I guess then. Most of us have 2-4 sets of T4 gear and we are on our 3rd/4th alts now doing T4 waiting for T5. However, I suspect most of us will start to disappear after the new year if nothing materializes and that will be another guild of hamsters gone since we are a hamster guild.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    Well my guild is full of hamsters I guess then. Most of us have 2-4 sets of T4 gear and we are on our 3rd/4th alts now doing T4 waiting for T5. However, I suspect most of us will start to disappear after the new year if nothing materializes and that will be another guild of hamsters gone since we are a hamster guild.
    Now...be a good little hamster and get back in your wheel tman....chop chop!
    Strategos of Immortal Souls

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    Maybe disappearing would be best. You should try going outside brah... catch some air or herpes. Halloween is coming up.. excellent opportunity to catch something.

In all seriousness.. if you dont enjoy it. dont do it. If you dont enjoy the grind, work on 3.5 or lurker. Im sure its easy enough now that everyone is t4 geared. Dont NEED to do everything for the loot.
    Strategos of Immortal Souls

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast