Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have BIG question to GameDirector

Thumbs down I have BIG question to GameDirector

It would be desirable to ask, till what time by funcom will do useless vaults and equip? After Khitay addon it wasn't made any useful vault, turan addon is an epic failure, road things 3.5 which are more difficult for getting than т4 why are necessary? Why the beautiful graphics in a spine of a dragon if things there fall absolutely useless is necessary, and it is MUCH more difficult to get them the Chinese? With impatience I expect your answer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pipetka
    Why the beautiful graphics in a spine of a dragon if things there fall absolutely useless is necessary, and it is MUCH more difficult to get them the Chinese?
    Mr. Spok, we need the universal translator!
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Lonf tine no polygon!
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Mr. Spok, we need the universal translator!
    i'm f*ck the english lang, ok?

Actually this issue has been adressed with slightly different words already here and on TL and partly discussed and answered more seriously than here.

One thing khitai does well is the accesability of cultural armor. In the old world you have this through quest rewards while levelling and the different lootlists per dungeon. In khiati you have factions and instance drops...in Turan you have...errr, only hardcore instance drops or really rare ones (the whole solo questchain offers just one t-shirt that's unique looking at the end). In dragonspine you have even less...though there are vendors for belts and stuff. I don't consider items costing hundreds of rare items accesible though or a motivation to sub just for that. This motivation is completely different, if some achievement in this region is doable within one or even a few months (i am NOT talking about the hardcore grinders here or resourceful chars). This is just for looks.

When it comes to reward/(difficulty+time) relation funcom offers some very odd loot and balancing from the date khitai was released till now.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 4th October 2013 at 09:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Actually this issue has been adressed with slightly different words already here and on TL and partly discussed and answered more seriously than here.

One thing khitai does well is the accesability of cultural armor. In the old world you have this through quest rewards while levelling and the different lootlists per dungeon. In khiati you have factions and instance drops...in Turan you have...errr, only hardcore instance drops or really rare ones (the whole solo questchain offers just one t-shirt that's unique looking at the end). In dragonspine you have even less...though there are vendors for belts and stuff. I don't consider items costing hundreds of rare items accesible though or a motivation to sub just for that. This motivation is completely different, if some achievement in this region is doable within one or even a few months (i am NOT talking about the hardcore grinders here or resourceful chars). This is just for looks.

When it comes to reward/(difficulty+time) relation funcom offers some very odd loot and balancing from the date khitai was released till now.
    And the drop in turan or dragonspine is useless and the hardly received.

I have not seen the headdress of blue sea dropping for over a year now

What annoyed and disappointed me most with these 2 areas is, that even you spent money (for the addon or for premium access), you need to fullfill certain requirements to even have a CHANCE to get cultural looking armor. They wasted excellent opportunities there.

Compare this to khitai and older instances/areas (like commons, slaughterhouse cellar, sanctum, amphi, conalls valley, onyx etc. etc.) and it is ridicolous.

Some tweak at the lootlists and adding unique looking stuff to the high amount of quests should help. At least as motivation to do things once there. My motivation to grind in dragonspine is zero, since all i get is random dungeon stuff and standard useless drops from bags and some money. Even if lucky and you get the purple arrows, they are less powerfull than blue lvl80 ones you sometimes find for sale on trader

Itemization in newer dungeons and T3.5 sucks, but funcom can't do anything about it. Stat budgets of these have to be lower than one on t4 and that leads to turan and DS gear being just a slight iteration on faction one from Khitai. They also need to sell RotG so there is pretty much no chance it's gonna change until new expansion/ raid tier comes.

Only way to make new gear pieces interesting is to fill some holes in gear from khitai like they did with fullplate dps gear and stuff like protection talisman from sepulcher
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

They don't need to sell RotGs only. Too much focus on this and they overlook other routes to success, like expanding the f2p model.

Open up the standard areas with a onetime access price and keep limiting dungeon access for example. Then sell access passes on the shop for a reasonable time or offer 30 days passes linked to areas.

Instead they kept their mind on khitai grind and made most old world free (which is positive for the players), but then even missed out all the onetime access fees.

They could offer 30 days passes as "sub light"...with less cost than a standard sub. Focus there could be raiding, instances or pvp.

They don't even need to sell khitai now and even less, if they opened other sources of revenue.

Of course it is easier to count and present subs and sales for one expansion then judging the results of micromanagement and/or many different revenue models...

@nuadar: hybrid classes suffer the most from the current linear approach and random budget values. Where is plate armor with magic damage? Cloth armor with specialized magic damage (not only fire)? Medium armor combining strength and wisdom? Only hoxes got a unique approach...
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 4th October 2013 at 10:28.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast