Thread: Refuge technical problem and solution

Default Refuge technical problem and solution

Dart traps are bad.
    The rest of the game has nothing else like it - instant-kill with no way of defending yourself. They are broken and really quite frustrating and it completely breaks the momentum and flow of the entire instance. The rest of the dungeon is a lot of fun. I know I'm not the only one that this has happened to when you walk through the dart trap, make it to the other side and somehow it still manages to kill you and just as the resurrection window comes up THEN the trap activates. It takes a fun dungeon to a dreaded one.

I'm not one for offering a problem with no solution - I personally think the dart traps should just be permanently disabled until something else can be put in their place. Maybe the spike traps that have worked so well all these years, like the ones in The Cistern, or House of Crom. But make it so the 4 tiles would have holes in them, and only one would actually damage you (without killing) depending on the trap rotation.

-On a second note a new bug has arisen in Refuge where if you actually do make it past the trap room there is a tunnel that goes right, around the border to that tunnel is a large block of wood. Somehow I managed to fall through the world there (and obviously to my death) Just letting you guys know, thanks for reading.

-Identity crisis Gcustoms.

Dart traps indeed can lead to a good ol' rage time. Most of the time, like 90% of the time, they work fine and as intended. But yeah, when you die after running through the trap (because you could clearly see it was inactivated) and still die just after the trip because of the "HEY LOOK NOW DARTS ARE COMING FOR YOU, ONLY WITH 5 SECOND OF VISUAL DELAY" bug, it sucks.

It's a bug as old as the Refuse itself as far as I can recall. It would be great to see it corrected but hey, most of the time it work fine and refuge its still nice to do from time to time.

Not really a bug, just that when the trigger activated the animation and damage effect startat the same time, and because the darts start shooting from one side you will be hit by the effect before the animation catches up.

The way to avoid it is to learn the pattern and timers, you can learn how to never be suprised when the darts activate.

I think it is working as intended atm, but i do offcourse understand that some people would prefer to have som visual clues before the darts start shooting.

If they were to change that part of the instance they should rather focus on making the gold-run possible no matter what configuration you get. As it is now 2 out of 5 times gold is not possible.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    Not really a bug, just that when the trigger activated the animation and damage effect startat the same time, and because the darts start shooting from one side you will be hit by the effect before the animation catches up.
    Well, I don't think it's "just the animation" that is late. Sometime, you're already on the other side, alive, when you suddenly fall to the ground, dead. And when the rez button pop up, you see the dart coming. So obviously the animation did not catch up, but it's not normal to be instakilled right AFTER you've cross the trap (like, the step after)

If I'm unfortunate enough to die because darts/animation suddenly started in the middle of my crossing, well that's ok. But come on, once you can see you character alive on the other side, it should stay alive, not drop dead because "the animation and damage did not catch up on time, soz mate"

Exactly what I'm talking about. Even the tombstone makes it to the other side...

Done this dungeon again recently. Tought of the same thing. It's really annoying. Worst thing is when it happen once, there's 2 more incoming quite often ^^
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Couple more bugs I'd like to talk about.

1 the music bug where entering/leaving combat too quickly, or too many mobs will cause the combat music to loop indefinitely. The first being more annoying because if you do it again to try to get the music to stop it will just play the same track over top of the first one that was playing, creating some sort of buggy "round" audio. Disabling and re-enabling audio doesn't always fix this problem

2 Cages and torches are still invisible to some people, I thought this one was just me and my outdated UI but no, other people are having this problem as well. Kind of annoying.

These are good things to put on the Suggestions Thread if they're not already there.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.