Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: joel about the possible buff to pvp weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Aell View Post
    Can we not just all accept that PvP levels and PvP gear have been an absolute disaster ever since they were implemented?

Suppose you get an OP FOTM class. Currently that seems to be Conq but I'm going to aim the hate at myself and say we take a ranger.

You've got a ranger. Hard to kill, right? Does lots of damage, right? Overpowered, right? Say you've got a really good ranger. What PvP gear does is it takes that hard-to-kill hits-like-a-truck ranger and turns him into an impossible-to-kill hits-like-a-nuke ranger. You have just made a hard target into a PvP god.

If our ranger is at PvP 10 and has BK bonuses, he's even harder to kill and hits even harder.

So our overpowered, supercharged ranger meets a new 80 in a minigame. What happens? That new 80 is dead. He has no chance whatsoever. None.

Before he can compete, he's going to have to grind to PvP8 at least (and this is an uphill struggle because literally everyone is artificially (through gear and pvp levels) "better" than him.

Odds are, he's going to get killed twenty, thirty times and then look at why that is and then he's going to look at the colossal mountain of grind ahead before he can compete and THEN...

Well, then he's going to go find a game which isn't rigged against him from the start.

Take a good look around. Look at how many servers and how many players are left. Why is that?

It is because PvP and especially e-sports like minis inherently appeal to the casual player and PvP XP+rewards in the form of combat powerups drove them all away.

Please, for the love of logic, STOP trying to further boost the barrier to entry to new players. It's self-harming, both from a player's point of view and especially from Funcom's point of view.

The tragedy of this game is that Morrison either never believed me when I told him or didn't care.
    Change mini games to be bracketed by rankings and or pvp level. They already do this with pve level brackets. PVP 0-5 and pvp6-10 that will solve the issue in most cases of new toons getting farmed with no chance. Or allow the lowbies to enter in the 6-10 bracket range but give them huge XP points for doing well or winning. E.g.capping flags, most heals, most kills ECT.. That way those less geared can choose to join the lower bracket to have a better chance. Also remove pve weps and armor all together from pvp. PVP stats do not count in pve so why the other way?

Yeah, because the population is SO high that gating it further would make complete sense, right?

Right?

Right?!?

Also - hey Corpy. Every class gets health bonuses from gear. Especially tanks. They'd lose more than you, you whiner.
    shoryuken

Yeah, because the population is SO high that gating it further would make complete sense, right?

Right?

Right?!?

Also - hey Corpy. Every class gets health bonuses from gear. Especially tanks. They'd lose more than you, you whiner.
    Yeah I see your point. After all how would you get a kill without lowbies in zero gear? LOL

Like many of us said over and over again, adding new tier of pvp items would be stupid and so would be complete removal of pve gear from pvp, what we need to see is either complete rework of current 3 pvp tier sets and maybe even add one full low pvp lvl set to fill the gap there. Or promote buyable pvp set a bit more(making it better would help as well )

As a player with pvp lvl 3 that plays his 2 hard just for few months, I definately see why not many new players want to participate in pvp activities...if I log in in EU prime time and sign up for mini game, I'm prety sure I'll be in mini with mostly pvp 8-10 players, few pvp 5-8 and one or two "fellow noobies". That kinda sucks cause many of these players hardly cooperate in any way, help their teammates or contribute in any other way then in kills. Now if you have mini with only pvp 10 players, then it's cool - you all know some trickery, have at least some passable skill and comfortable gear threshold that keeps you alive for longer then 10 seconds. You don't need much help in most scenarios, you have both prot as well as armor ready to battle any class. As a pvp 3 healer in purely pve gear(no t4) I get hunted, sometimes even across whole map for several minutes, pretty much instantly without most of my teammates giving a crap.

Now pvp 10 veteran would consider that kind of 2-3vs1 as quality fun and would even have good chance, it's a lot different for newbie running around with less then 6k HP...but those are just my 2 cents
    Last edited by nuadar; 11th October 2013 at 08:09.
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

hehe..you will never ever get new pvp weapons!
    i dont know f you have noticed but AOC is standing still now for more then 2y! And from what i suspect this will be the same for next 2y! (the only alive bean is the monthly "Newsletter" and every year a refreshed dungeon for sucking out your subscribtion Money hehe )
    so crafting revamp ? nice joke!
    there is only 1 maybe 1,5 People working on AOC anymore!
    (at this point i bet there are more commercial employees (2!) on AOC then programmers/tecnicians)
    Sad but true!

SO sorry: no new pvp Weapons anymore
    and so the whole discussion here is for the "Arsch" !
    Last edited by Ghola; 11th October 2013 at 08:59.

Right?

Right?!?

You forget that only a small part of current population uses the system now and is content with it. So it is by no means a sure thing, that offering brackets (especially if done as suggested, so that high levels could join low levels and vice versa) will lead to a division.

A more fair and fun system or distribution, could as well lead to a big boost in total population who do minigames.

Just an example, assuming you have 1000 players on the server, of which 100 does regular minis with current system. If only 100 more players find the new system more fun, there will be no division,assuming equal distribution. There might be temporarily thinner air on top, but that is a small price to pay for more people staying and keeping doing minis, because they are not demotivated after a few games.

Sure, there need to be done more things, but those affect pvp in general and not just the minis. But the suggestion does not rule further improvements later.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 11th October 2013 at 12:55.

Quote Originally Posted by nuadar View Post
    Like many of us said over and over again, adding new tier of pvp items would be stupid and so would be complete removal of pve gear from pvp, what we need to see is either complete rework of current 3 pvp tier sets and maybe even add one full low pvp lvl set to fill the gap there. Or promote buyable pvp set a bit more(making it better would help as well )

As a player with pvp lvl 3 that plays his 2 hard just for few months, I definately see why not many new players want to participate in pvp activities...if I log in in EU prime time and sign up for mini game, I'm prety sure I'll be in mini with mostly pvp 8-10 players, few pvp 5-8 and one or two "fellow noobies". That kinda sucks cause many of these players hardly cooperate in any way, help their teammates or contribute in any other way then in kills. Now if you have mini with only pvp 10 players, then it's cool - you all know some trickery, have at least some passable skill and comfortable gear threshold that keeps you alive for longer then 10 seconds. You don't need much help in most scenarios, you have both prot as well as armor ready to battle any class. As a pvp 3 healer in purely pve gear(no t4) I get hunted, sometimes even across whole map for several minutes, pretty much instantly without most of my teammates giving a crap.

Now pvp 10 veteran would consider that kind of 2-3vs1 as quality fun and would even have good chance, it's a lot different for newbie running around with less then 6k HP...but those are just my 2 cents
    a complete rework would require new pvp armor sets every time a new tier would be released with new gear for pvp. That seems like a lot of work to me and given funcoms lack of pvp approach, I still stick with removing pve stats from having any impact on pvp all together.

Although it has been fun in minis lately being undergeared, a new challenge of sorts to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    a complete rework would require new pvp armor sets every time a new tier would be released with new gear for pvp. That seems like a lot of work to me and given funcoms lack of pvp approach, I still stick with removing pve stats from having any impact on pvp all together.

Although it has been fun in minis lately being undergeared, a new challenge of sorts to say the least.
    Removing pve stats and not touching pvp sets would require proper class balance(not to mention quite substantial amount of work as well)...cause for many classes, current pvp gear kinda sucks balls, for some classes rocks(hey soldiers) So yeah, good luck with that...
    Last edited by nuadar; 11th October 2013 at 18:28.

Quote Originally Posted by nuadar View Post
    Removing pve stats and not touching pvp sets would require proper class balance(not to mention quite substantial amount of work as well)...cause for many classes, current pvp gear kinda sucks balls, for some classes rocks(hey soldiers) So yeah, good luck with that...
    Yeah, lets look at this comment. It would be more balanced than before IMO. The PVP gear is primarily focused on defense and less on offense. I cant see a demo wanting to wear pvp hear or a ranger for that matter. However, that would make those classes hit a little less hard and make them a little more balanced. However, conqs and Guards would have a tremendous advantage at this point IMO.

You know what, screw it, lets just giveup on PVP. Oh wait, that has been done by another GM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    Yeah, lets look at this comment. It would be more balanced than before IMO. The PVP gear is primarily focused on defense and less on offense. I cant see a demo wanting to wear pvp hear or a ranger for that matter. However, that would make those classes hit a little less hard and make them a little more balanced. However, conqs and Guards would have a tremendous advantage at this point IMO.

You know what, screw it, lets just giveup on PVP. Oh wait, that has been done by another GM.
    Yeah that's what I'm saying..dps on pvp items isn't egeneraly enough to offset giant amounts of armor and protection on soldier items. RIght now we already see minis with more then 6 soldiers, this would make it even worse

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast