Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: joel about the possible buff to pvp weapons

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post

When I read things like this I wonder so cant they just UP the dps of pvp axe of the xxxxx
    It is not easy as you said, i.e refer to the GD post.
    Which base dps is balanced for a thoses pvp weapons ?

- Better than T4 ?
    - Same than T4 ?
    - Slightly lower than T4 ?
    - Better than T3 ?

Second thing is : take the "adjustement" of the Mining Axe of the oxmal. It was another work : adjusting an error in the base dps (225 !!) of a weapon. Not fix to make it playable, or better or desirable. Actually, it was quite the opposite.
    After fix, stats and base dps of weapons from Coils of Ubah-Kan were trash cause it was outnerfed. Everytimes people argues this weapon is OP and this one is trash.

Third thing is : what about caster weapons ? They are also trash and tweaking their base dps is useless. So you need to completely rework their stats or there will be imbalance between caster and melee weapons (like there is not enough imabalance with only pvp armors ) -> More work. Why did they should up the base dps of conq sword (meaning it will be another gift to the most op class atm : clever thing to do giving more weapon dps when this class can stack absurd amount of bonus weapon damage)

Basically, tweaking only base dps will result in the same amount of QQ as before (or worst). That's why it must be done carefully. You know, not like old revamps in the Gaute era ;d

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post

Third thing is : what about caster weapons ? They are also trash and tweaking their base dps is useless. So you need to completely rework their stats or there will be imbalance between caster and melee weapons (like there is not enough imabalance with only pvp armors )
    +1
    a) For casters weapons do bonus as simple piece of armor;
    b) A fact is that mages have no point get 10.pvp level at nowadays. Demo with 1.PvP level geared in T4 or Khitai can show better results then demo geared in T3 PvP. And this is absurd. Problem is that PvP gear for other classes is better (for ex. solders). For this reason new unchained minigames when all players can use only PvP gear is fail.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    It is not easy as you said, i.e refer to the GD post.
    Which base dps is balanced for a thoses pvp weapons ?

- Better than T4 ?
    - Same than T4 ?
    - Slightly lower than T4 ?
    - Better than T3 ?

Second thing is : take the "adjustement" of the Mining Axe of the oxmal. It was another work : adjusting an error in the base dps (225 !!) of a weapon. Not fix to make it playable, or better or desirable. Actually, it was quite the opposite.
    After fix, stats and base dps of weapons from Coils of Ubah-Kan were trash cause it was outnerfed. Everytimes people argues this weapon is OP and this one is trash.

Third thing is : what about caster weapons ? They are also trash and tweaking their base dps is useless. So you need to completely rework their stats or there will be imbalance between caster and melee weapons (like there is not enough imabalance with only pvp armors ) -> More work. Why did they should up the base dps of conq sword (meaning it will be another gift to the most op class atm : clever thing to do giving more weapon dps when this class can stack absurd amount of bonus weapon damage)

Basically, tweaking only base dps will result in the same amount of QQ as before (or worst). That's why it must be done carefully. You know, not like old revamps in the Gaute era ;d
    I don't understand the need to go great detail! to me its simple
    MAKE PVP TIRE WEAPONS the same power AS PVE TIRE WEAPONS when being used in PLAYER vs PLAYER (caster pvp tire weapons will more or less same as caster pve tire weapons and melee pvp tire weapons will be more or less same as melee pve tire weapons)

If you are talking about balancing pvp weapons pvp gear on different classes and balancing PVE gear PVE weapons on different classes while being used in PVP!!! then yeah that's gonna take some work!!! and will feel like playing a new game!

PVE T4 has been on farm for along time I really would not worry about that conq swinging a max tire pvp weapon with equivalent t4 pve stats on it because most are now anyway (seen blue gear conqs in pvp swinging T4 weps) or that necro with his pvp/pve t4 wep... you know how memory cloud farm works it's been designed by funcom that way (this debate been done befor not getting into the whole a naked fresh lvl80 can relog for best weapons in game! we know they can)

(the GD already said .....I think it is likely a moot point anyway, in that the PvE budgets are beyond what the top tier PvP gear is close to anyway.
    So buffing them up to be more equivalent should be a pretty decent boost) see OP for quote)

In the future we can craft weapons with unique stats on them and use them in pvp and pve whatever! so it cant be a code problem?

Maybe some of you are asking for something different? other than MAKE PVP TIRE WEAPONS the same power AS PVE TIRE WEAPONS

Funcom has small team on aoc we know this and little resources goes to pvp! my posts QQ comments suggestions what ever u what to name them have always been about MAKE PVP TIRE WEAPONS the same power AS PVE TIRE WEAPONS and to me that seems like a simple welcome change for PVPers (well does to me anyway) and don't it make perfect sense that the best weapons for pvp should be from a pvp vendor?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    For this reason new unchained minigames when all players can use only PvP gear is fail.
    Unchained pvp gear i doubt is the same as current pvp gear! if you read the last letter of the month it gives that impression!

Quote it for you from last letter
    "Unchained PvP progresses, but there is still a lot of balance work and testing to be done"

You say what about caster weapons I sure they would also welcome a buff to pvp weapons to be on par with pve weapons! why wouldn't they?

-Caster that for whatever reason don't have a PVE weapon! his pvp weapon gets buffed! happy caster

-Caster that has pve weapon looks the buffed pvp weapons on trader why should that bother him?

-caster that already has a pvp and pve weapon looks buffed pvp weapons! happy caster now he has choices of weapons

-fresh lowbie caster looks buffed pvp weapons! happy caster has the choice to grind to pvp5 pvp8 pvp10 or go the pve road

Same story for melee!

Talking about weapons here!

Also true that best tier armor/accessories for pvp should be from pvp vendor and not a pve chest! that should be changed also!
    But the whole point of topic was to give the pvpers something fast and buffing pvp weapons was the question! with armor and accessories to follow hopefully (remember aoc small team changes take along time) so first things first

Quote Originally Posted by Hersch View Post
    Your statement is invalid, they are not changing anything there or removing anything, just adding new stuff in and keeping that old crap there. Must be some reason for that, whether it makes sense or not.

Only people trying to argue against that point make non-factual posts like yours, Mathieulombardi bringing up stuff that Silirrions team changed (hey, why not just say 1.05 when everything changed?), or Suctum bringing up stuff that was hastily thrown out there then nerfed into the ground (not buffed).

Maybe they can add in new PvP 10 sets since they don't want to change active gear, but I can just see the whining about how crappy PvP 10 is to get to already.

Update Notes 4.1 Hotfix - August 15th (LIVE SERVER HOT FIX)
    Fixed a number of items from Coils of Ubah Kan which had unintended armor stats.
    Lowered the DPS of Mining Axe of the Oxmal.

They can change stats on items and a weapon it was done on a LIVE SERVER HOT FIX
    (the weapon was working vs players with a very high unintended DPS stats for awhile so they hot fix and lower it)

Your statement is invalid, they are not changing anything there or removing anything, just adding new stuff in and keeping that old crap there. Must be some reason for that, whether it makes sense or not
    Then u re blind. Honestly, I have 2 T4 daggers so I couldnt care about this, but when I see the ignoracy of minor things like this and then I look on TL and see how they care about PvE and even changing weapons cos somebody says that axe looks bad on his class (yes, talking about that change of axe to sword for hoxie)... I see that can do a lot, but just nobody cares about that dammed PvP. Silirion didnt give a sh!t, Joel seems to be the same if u ask me.

Your statement is invalid, they are not changing anything there or removing anything, just adding new stuff in and keeping that old crap there. Must be some reason for that, whether it makes sense or not.

Only people trying to argue against that point make non-factual posts like yours, Mathieulombardi bringing up stuff that Silirrions team changed (hey, why not just say 1.05 when everything changed?), or Suctum bringing up stuff that was hastily thrown out there then nerfed into the ground (not buffed).

All they seem to want to do is add new gears, and not focus on changing anything that's there already. I guess something to do with why they don't add this in is because what a mess it is? PvP 10 takes forever to get to and everyone knows it's too excessive. Could add that PvP T4 set and make it not level bound and just require a lot of tokens or something (other stuff just stay as is for vanity purposes or whatever).
    http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/wp-conten...rs-fan-gif.gif

Quote Originally Posted by -Hyen- View Post
    Then u re blind. Honestly, I have 2 T4 daggers so I couldnt care about this, but when I see the ignoracy of minor things like this and then I look on TL and see how they care about PvE and even changing weapons cos somebody says that axe looks bad on his class (yes, talking about that change of axe to sword for hoxie)... I see that can do a lot, but just nobody cares about that dammed PvP. Silirion didnt give a sh!t, Joel seems to be the same if u ask me.
    Think about this, all pvp items have remained the same since the bori patch. The only upgrade (if you call it that) was they made it easier to access pvp T2 items.

If you think about how many patches ago the original bori patch was, in all that time you would think one person at Funcom would ask the question "should we update the pvp weapons? They are still on a stat budget that is over 3 years old."

Instead, pvp weapons, accessories, and armor have remained the same while all pve items have improved, not once, not twice, not three times, but four and five times and they continue to create pve gear that is consistently better and now are even tailoring it per individual class with these new unchained quests and loot boxes.

Yet pvp armor sits exactly where it was when it was first created.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Because it is. You don't understand how much work it is. Can we leave it at that?
    I was working on some sql server data bases for a private server (WoW) for a couple years a while ago, not sure it that's what funcom uses but, I think you cant just change stats for that wep and bingo, everyone's is updated. Each wep has 1 base entry that defines it. An item #. But, people already have the wep with those stats as entries into the database, every wep is its own entry in the data base. Each one would have to be updated in the data base. What I think might work is, make new pvp weps and put them in pvp venders and make it possible to buy with tokens, or to trade the old weps in to receive the new ones. Or, don't know if possible, make batch command to update the existing items. Im probably wrong as I don't know what systems they use but whatever :P.

Anyways, one of the things I liked about joel, is he used to take the time to explain the details, instead of jay say pft "you wouldn't understand if I told you"
    Last edited by Baasar; 30th November 2013 at 18:17.