Thread: Pillars

Default Pillars

I was told that pillars increases with combat rating (not magic damage) or does it not increase with anything but AA points.

The combo itself increases with combat rating, but the DoT increases with weapon damage and magic damage.

From my tests awhile back (I forget what AOC version), pillars is only effected by base weapon damage and feats that increase base weapon damage - like butcher and glorious exultation of xotli.

I tested pillars with +combat rating by doing pillars with Hell on Earth, a huge +combat rating buff. No noticeable damage increase to pillars.

If you feat Searing Hatred for pillars, you can beef that up with +magic damage, not sure about +INT though.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermeng View Post
    From my tests awhile back (I forget what AOC version), pillars is only effected by base weapon damage and feats that increase base weapon damage - like butcher and glorious exultation of xotli.

I tested pillars with +combat rating by doing pillars with Hell on Earth, a huge +combat rating buff. No noticeable damage increase to pillars.

If you feat Searing Hatred for pillars, you can beef that up with +magic damage, not sure about +INT though.
    It is increased with +combat rating as well, however HoX have very poor returns on comat rating. And the DoT isn't increased by INT, but it is increased by weapon damage.

I wonder why weapon damage

as if strength and combat rating are useless.

p.s. I am referring to hox strength/magic damage 2h sword from AoK.

Combat rating, combat rating(all elements) strength, magic damage(fire): these increase the feated DoT.
    DPS (which is weapon damage, combat rating, and strength): this increases the combo itself.

I have a question too. If I use Prince of Terror and equip magic damage (unholy) items, will it affect the DoT?

All I know that DPS is constituted by weapon damage, weapon position (left or right hand), combat rating (strength). What do I miss here?
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 1st October 2013 at 05:22.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.