Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update on crafting revamp?

tbh anything would be better than what we have now so funcom pretty much can't mess this up imo
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Quote Originally Posted by nuadar View Post
    tbh anything would be better than what we have now so funcom pretty much can't mess this up imo
    ... Don't underestimate the ability to mess thing up of Funcom.

I'm only jokeing Funcom. I love you. You gave me back my Death's ward ring.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

You new to the game? Must be.

Guys come on...you don't believe in funcom? :P
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Guys come on...you don't believe in funcom? :P
    I believe I can fly.....

I believe I can touch the sky......

But I don't think I'll ever believe in funcom not to mess up something every now and again
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Its confirmed that shards will stay in game and will be valuable crafting material in new system.

Old T3 weapons will stay in game, but will not be craftable again.
    I heard that but wasnt sure, if they will be valuable i guess i would keep on these few shards than

I just hope it will not be a pro-big-guild-exploiter-goldseller pve revamp...but if you look at the yourvoice answers and then the info about shards and the controversy about compensation and conversion, it does not bode well. Sorry...but just deleting what small guilds or single players did (quests, receiptes, resources, professions etc.), while keeping shards (raid content) ingame, will not work.

Either a just conversion for everyone or none at all...and remember to tell people whatever you do a few months in advance!
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 27th September 2013 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I heard that but wasnt sure, if they will be valuable i guess i would keep on these few shards than
    Actually the statement in that video was later taken back by the current team saying it would be a complete restart. So no shards.

If you go by the most recent news, its no shards. If you go by the old video its shards kept. All you can do is gamble and place your bets one way or another. Either buy shards.. or horde the gold. Honestly i am either hoping they keep all mats and convert them (fair to everyone) or delete all mats including shards, also fair, but boning people at the same time. Keeping only shards is retarded and just benefits farmers.

From My Voice thread in May/June, which is latest news we have.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ighlight=Voice

These questions were answered by Game Director Joel Bylos!

3. How will existing recipes, done quests and resources be converted into the new system?

They will be wiped and you will need to begin crafting again from scratch.

4. Will players be able to do and craft the same things they can now and just get a change of system with more depth and options...or will it be a complete relaunch?

Complete relaunch.
    Video is far older news and some of it was done by people no longer at FC probibly. Honestly dont trust them one way or another. Bank on what you think will most likely happen.
    Last edited by Vaere; 27th September 2013 at 17:50.

Default What do you think?!

With the crafting revamp yearning more and more each passing day for release It really does matter to player when it will be released. Now think back to the september GD letter: "finishing the most important part" of the crafting revamp; old crafting resource items to new gaia system, now they are begining the conversion of old recipes to new gaia recipes. Even if they abolish the old system of collecting recipes to learn items it could be here in weeks although if they plan to use of the new system "recipes" Think of how long it will take them to accomidate all the crafters of hyboria for their 1,000's of hours of recipe farms. Personally i have never stepped foot in the crafting realm because of it's cockamaimi set-up but i do respect the people who use the system and expect funcom to accomidate thier progress thus fair either by implementing a gaia recipe system or refunding current progress with ibis shards/gold/funcompnts/etc. the point is wether they choose to wipe the recipes from the game (im for this(sorry crafters)) or implement gaia recipes. i say reward the current level of each players character in crafting with something because if not even though gaia system will bring players in it will inevetabley piss of old world crafters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123