Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Is barb the only class that has to swith weapons in one spec to cc?

but.. i see pvp geared barb dominating KHESATTA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbQEN4mXB-8

btw this is how good barb can do against other good players, i mean barb owned t4 pom? and that pom is uber dps machine.. looks like class not that bad at all killing op pom.
    The Law

Is it me or does it look an awful lot like an alt account to upvote himself? (Xamaron I mean)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Well I'll say that it's at least to be called weird that all of the 4 posts ever made by Xamaron were in topics of throughthedoor.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    Killing necro with barb is easy (in dual); but killing necro when they are behind the frontline is VERY DIFFICULT. That is what gives the necro's so much power (their range).
    I guess it depends who that necro is

"big pets" don't understand?
    most necros play for Kills meaning they go full damage, and because of that they are easy to kill...
    i once engaged a necro with 99% certain i was goin to kill him, but then to my surprise he killed me and he was healing himself while we were fighting, something i never saw before...found out later that happens because of 2 pets they have, tall ones that i dont know the name, now each time i attack a necro i study his style 1st, then attack him accordingly (something that we should do each attack, but then again, 95% necros play the same style on CROM server - dots and SW)
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    most necros play for Kills meaning they go full damage, and because of that they are easy to kill...
    i once engaged a necro with 99% certain i was goin to kill him, but then to my surprise he killed me and he was healing himself while we were fighting, something i never saw before...found out later that happens because of 2 pets they have, tall ones that i dont know the name, now each time i attack a necro i study his style 1st, then attack him accordingly (something that we should do each attack, but then again, 95% necros play the same style on CROM server - dots and SW)
    If you lost to a pet necro that's just a skill issue. Their main healing comes through Lifestrike and MoTD, and with some magical life tap gear and Ghoulish Feast they can get some small returns as well.

Most of the time you die to a necro it's either from extended length of dot duration with out sufficient heals or surprise 4k hit Icestrikes.
    Doomsayer 2008

Default gear cutoff

From what I have been descovering after playing on Fury the past week is that barbs do way better there than on crom. 2 out of the 3 js I did there and a barb (different one each time) topped kills. So from Fury's vantage point I guess the barb isn't a gimped call. However it is VERY rare to ever see that on crom. I think the reason is because of casters getting t4 gear. When a caster gets t4 gear their dps is highly increased along wit armor where as if a barb goes from pvp t3 to t4 they have no prot and little armor increase (going from tiger chest and leggs to t4 chest and leggs grants an increase of 1dps that is nothing) so basically what mages get from t4 gear is totally imbalanced from what barbs get. That is why on crom it is 90% of the time necro and demo on top followed by ranger. This isn't to say there aren't t4 mages running around in crom but there are way fewer of them.

Also I was running round in tiger blues and I still got 7 kills (that would never happen on crom because ppl on crom have imba dps by comparison)due to t4 gear.

My fix would be for minigames to require pvp gear, but that's just my preference (of course mages would hate that)

I have been lucky enough to top in js 3 times and only seen one other barb do it (grassroots) on crom. So out of all my minigames on crom that is 4 times (i am pvp 8 btw) where i went on fury and did 3 js and saw barbs top it 2 times. Something is wrong here.
    People are people so it isn't just that there are better barb players on fury either, something else is making the difference.
    Last edited by throughthedoor; 8th November 2013 at 14:27.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ue7...5#.Un0IYvkwo7w

both of those demos and ranger were full t4 geared, while my barb in t1 pvp-t2pvp and some random tiger legs and t3 raid gears did this

Was actually pretty balanced and fun JS, usually i hate it, but now only 3 casters so got pretty high kd without flaming

was having fun with decapitation spec
    http://goo.gl/SGDrmC
    The Law

..When a caster gets t4 gear their dps is highly increased along wit armor where as if a barb goes from pvp t3 to t4 they have no prot and little armor increase..
    when AAs were introduced, people got lot of protection from active and even passive perks, but there is not a single armor increasing perk.. I think we can call it square now
    Last edited by Argantes; 9th November 2013 at 13:43.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

http://s868.photobucket.com/user/fse...he%20Barbarian

Several screenshots from Crom. You can see popular names on that screenshots. And yes most of casters wears t4..

(my barb is not full t4 yet, still missing 5 parts. Baban is in progress..)

Barb is awesome..

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast