Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is barb the only class that has to swith weapons in one spec to cc?

Just duel newbies like yourself and things will seem more ok.
    Stay away from average or better players.
    Do pve to improve your gear as much as you can.
    It will help closing the cap to better players.
    Dont give up in minis just because you are fresh to the game.
    Hang in there!!
    Farm Bori.
    Stop keyboardturning!

Fresh players like you have a hard time in AoC
    while you learn the combat skillz.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    14. burst is weaker than most classes i.e. dt (vom), sin (bomb + death ww), ranger (taking the shot which is double of atg in dps parse it for proof in minigames), demo, conq (in frenzy), etc yes the barb has burst just not as much
    Obviously you need to take a second look at some barb feats, wreck armor + shrapnel + impale + 4 damage boosts = best bust damage in the game and it can be preloaded to one shot clothies in minis. Learn something about dps.

The lag is a problem for anything in this game. Switching weapons is a great feature. Keep it.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

1-15 are wrong. Please stop recreating the same topic over and over again. No one believes in that. Barbarians are already strong.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    Obviously you need to take a second look at some barb feats, wreck armor + shrapnel + impale + 4 damage boosts = best bust damage in the game and it can be preloaded to one shot clothies in minis. Learn something about dps.
    wreck armor 4 (strongest wreck armor) takes 3 sec long while demo and ranger (taking the shot are instant same with demo and some other char.) also shrapnel is only good if offhand procs (you can get up to 40% chance but otherwise you get 1/2 dps out of it. Also shrapnel (ye gives 100% offhand chance but you waste 10 feats getting it cuz you have to feat 10 points into overpower which is a wast unless you are good at reaver (no healing) and over a 10 sec duration it usually parses (with 10 sec of damage) only about 1500hp. So if there are like 3 other people on a target the barb won't be able to finish the combo finisher to get the kill in time where classes with quick burst like death ww and stuff get the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    1-15 are wrong. Please stop recreating the same topic over and over again. No one believes in that. Barbarians are already strong.
    If you are so certain explain why because I see it as clear fact.
    Take the first one for instance (stamina isn't converted to energy)
    Makes the 300 stamina pool increase per pcs of gear useless (better to have pvp gear that has dps and prot instead of stamina and prot).
    This is compared to a sins children set which has dex and combat rating which is what barb should have (strength and combat rating) but instead they have stamina(to run after casters) and combat rating but the stamina is useless for sprinting pool. So tell me I'm wrong on the first one and then we will go to statement 2.

If you are so certain explain why because I see it as clear fact.
    Take the first one for instance (stamina isn't converted to energy)
    Makes the 300 stamina pool increase per pcs of gear useless (better to have pvp gear that has dps and prot instead of stamina and prot).
    This is compared to a sins children set which has dex and combat rating which is what barb should have (strength and combat rating) but instead they have stamina(to run after casters) and combat rating but the stamina is useless for sprinting pool. So tell me I'm wrong on the first one and then we will go to statement 2.
    excuse me, I mean the scarlet circle sin set
    is to the barb children set (which sucks in comparison)

wreck armor 4 (strongest wreck armor) takes 3 sec long while demo and ranger (taking the shot are instant same with demo and some other char.) also shrapnel is only good if offhand procs (you can get up to 40% chance but otherwise you get 1/2 dps out of it. Also shrapnel (ye gives 100% offhand chance but you waste 10 feats getting it cuz you have to feat 10 points into overpower which is a wast unless you are good at reaver (no healing) and over a 10 sec duration it usually parses (with 10 sec of damage) only about 1500hp. So if there are like 3 other people on a target the barb won't be able to finish the combo finisher to get the kill in time where classes with quick burst like death ww and stuff get the kill.
    Oh, forgot to say to get that 1500hp hit for impale it takes all 5 feat points and constant hitting for 10 sec. If you hit for like one combo it will hit for about 600hp and you have 40 sec cd and it cost 5 feat points = horrible

1. mage gear has amps loads of stamina which isn't used for energy
    2. predatory instincts gives loads of stamina which doesn't convert to energy
    3. bone shatter removes stamina pots which is useless after energy revamp
    4. slowest standard (non-feated) stun in the game
    5. if you are dual wield barb you must switch weapons to cc (which if there is lag or latency it will screw you up big time, i.e. switching weapons twice or whatever)also if someone CCs you and you are in dw you have to switch back to 1h to cc back in which case by the time you finish your cc you are probably dead (unlike quick mind wreck like a dt)
    6. stacks take insanely long to earn (reaver which gives 67.5% more weapon damage is given to sin (190% more weapon damage permanently) after their first 5 feat points
    7. either your combo hits hard but long or quick but weaker (than other classes combos)
    8. no more kb root
    9. you need to earn reaver stacks to earn any crit rating buff where the dt gets 7.5% more crit rating buff on same main combo permanently as a tank class.
    10. zerker starts at 20% more weapon damage while reaver only starts off with 10%
    11. jagged cut 4 hits entirely too week compared to hox dot which hits way more or conq dot which hits the same and they are tank class
    12. when the barb looses stacks they loose all of them at once going straight from 15 all the way down to 0 (opposed to conq which looses one at a time and dt which can just use ritualistic bloodshed)
    13. reaver has more damage, zerker has more hp regen (but only zerker spec has cc power, reaver has none (one kb and one 3sec stun is horrible for any class, even worse for a light armor)
    14. burst is weaker than most classes i.e. dt (vom), sin (bomb + death ww), ranger (taking the shot which is double of atg in dps parse it for proof in minigames), demo, conq (in frenzy), etc yes the barb has burst just not as much
    15. Takes for ever to give 5 torments and wreck armor 1 and 2 do no damage while a conq and most casters can land them really fast (including sin); I have to land five combos for the same thing as what conq can do in two or demo/sin can do even faster.
    16. no wreck effects (if barb had quick wreck I would be much happier but conqs get both)
    17. BARBS NEED REVAMP ASAP!!!!

1. irrelevant, l2p

2. correct, but high in the tree and has 15% evade, and can be avoided all together really, l2p

3. the 2h version I agree, but bone shatter is really for the heavy bleed combo in dw, duh, l2p

4. ? stunning punch 5 and earth shatter are the same, if not faster, than most other stuns?? l2p

5. I, like most people, have changed the hotkey for weapon swap and it is instant for me, I can easily change it while moving, or getting up from a knockdown if needed, simple l2p here

6. with atrocity and without warning they stack pretty fast, l2p

7. l2p issue again

8. that was cool, but really isn't realistic, or relevant to the class

9. hit stuff and your crit rating goes up, and there are some boosts as well, l2p

10. zerker stays at 20, while reaver can more than triple that, l2p

11. running your buff and knowing when to use jc, or bone shatter really, makes it a lot less "week", l2p

12. learning to hit things on the move, or using the aa to extend the stacks, l2p

13. it's like you have never played the class... better l2p

14. barb needs to be set up, some debuffs thrown out, and buffs used with stacks, and you can annihilate people, l2p

15. if you stand in one place just spamming wreck armor, you deserve to lose, l2p

16. clobber 5 is basically a snap kick with a physical wrack, l2p

17. tweaks yes, some other classes adjusted, soldiers as example, but no revamp, we do not need another sin, ranger, conq failure, l2p

We have learned you know very little, and wish to complain to make this class very easy so you can win, when really, you just need to l2p

What Loaf of Evil says. Thanks for the answer before I could do that.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast