Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is barb the only class that has to swith weapons in one spec to cc?

I believe his argument is mostly that zerker barb leans more towards pvp and reaver is more towards pve (and he wishes both could be used in PVP without having to swop for cc). It is a viable opinion and he is entitled to it. Most of you posting on here either don't play a barb or don't play a reaver barb. Switching weps shouldn't be an issue that's more of a L2P thing more than anything.
    Although, he is right in saying it makes it much much easier to know when the reaver barb is going to cc. In case you're wondering I do player a barb and have been playing reaver for a bit now. A tip for OP if you want CCs and DPS you're going to have to give something up. Another words, use blood rave and go hybrid.
    The reason so many barbs are bitter is because after the combo revamp most barbs stopped playing.
    I would like them to speed up the animation on cyclone though because it's a bit useless in pvp. Wreck armor / jagged cut with an occasional WW is all I use.

My barbs name is Shrapnell. I don't claim to be the best but I do claim to have my own play style (even if it is considered bad, id rather be unique)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJiuJitsu View Post
    I believe his argument is mostly that zerker barb leans more towards pvp and reaver is more towards pve ...
    hybrid is imo in most situations much better than pure zerker , especially if you dont have ibis, t3 or better weapon. I just cannot imagine how op can be barb with t4 weapon (however definately still being a shadow of conq with t4 , its not barb which is weak , it is conq who is god mode class

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    hybrid is imo in most situations much better than pure zerker , especially if you dont have ibis, t3 or better weapon. I just cannot imagine how op can be barb with t4 weapon (however definately still being a shadow of conq with t4 , its not barb which is weak , it is conq who is god mode class
    Trying to compare barb vs conq is ridicules. Conq has 2 bubbles or charge KB the amount of dmg a conq can take is outrageous vs the DPS they do. Barb is nowhere near the shadow of the conq they are not even on the same page. Hell not even in the same book lol. And yes I have a conq. But sometimes it seems too op vs other classes. Prime example, ssyup aka grand canyon. Get to pvp 10 on a conq and = wrecking machine for the average to no skill player. No pun intended.

Default all the classes you mentioned. . .

all have cc w/o switching
    ranger has traps (some ranger was complain that they have to use sword to do cc with melee cc but that is a ridiculous comparison to which a barb has to switch weapons because he can't cc with dw. ranger has cc with both sword and shield. Barb is the ONLY CLASS that has no cc with their primary weapons.

fyi. I have tanks and they are so easy compared to barb so I hate that the barb has it so hard in so many ways.

Default and. . .

and I keep posting that the barb is so bad bringing out every aspect (compared to other classes) so that hopefully funcom will revamp it.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    and I keep posting that the barb is so bad bringing out every aspect (compared to other classes) so that hopefully funcom will revamp it.
    There is no need for working on the class for Funcom. It is not broken like Conqueror right now. They should focus on more PVP minigames and statistics rather than breaking classes further.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I think what hes trying to say is maybe turn clobber into a 1hand combo so that way you can at least have one of the two natural ccs available on hand, or something of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragekiller View Post
    I think what hes trying to say is maybe turn clobber into a 1hand combo so that way you can at least have one of the two natural ccs available on hand, or something of the sort.
    Exactly. Basically if funcom made a 2nd clobber for dw (1h) weapon I (and put the 2h and 1h) kb on the same cd, then I would be very happy. It is very annoying when I need to switch weapons all the time because so frequently I will have lag and the weapons won't switch and I can't pre-load combos which severely slows me down (even worse sense I am a light armor dps class)

Default Is stunning puch the slowest stun in the game

I compare it to the mind wreck from my dt which is very quick and stunning punch is so slow.
    I mean if I am being chased with low hp and I have a choice to use stunning punch my opponent would kill me before the stun is over; where as with my dt the stun takes less than a sec. (don't compare earth shatter as it takes a feat point just like the dt's aoe stun)
    I am comparing just stunning punch V (the one that you have to earn; stunning punch 4 is even worse)

Default All the horrible things about the barb that I need to keep track of

1. mage gear has amps loads of stamina which isn't used for energy
    2. predatory instincts gives loads of stamina which doesn't convert to energy
    3. bone shatter removes stamina pots which is useless after energy revamp
    4. slowest standard (non-feated) stun in the game
    5. if you are dual wield barb you must switch weapons to cc (which if there is lag or latency it will screw you up big time, i.e. switching weapons twice or whatever)also if someone CCs you and you are in dw you have to switch back to 1h to cc back in which case by the time you finish your cc you are probably dead (unlike quick mind wreck like a dt)
    6. stacks take insanely long to earn (reaver which gives 67.5% more weapon damage is given to sin (190% more weapon damage permanently) after their first 5 feat points
    7. either your combo hits hard but long or quick but weaker (than other classes combos)
    8. no more kb root
    9. you need to earn reaver stacks to earn any crit rating buff where the dt gets 7.5% more crit rating buff on same main combo permanently as a tank class.
    10. zerker starts at 20% more weapon damage while reaver only starts off with 10%
    11. jagged cut 4 hits entirely too week compared to hox dot which hits way more or conq dot which hits the same and they are tank class
    12. when the barb looses stacks they loose all of them at once going straight from 15 all the way down to 0 (opposed to conq which looses one at a time and dt which can just use ritualistic bloodshed)
    13. reaver has more damage, zerker has more hp regen (but only zerker spec has cc power, reaver has none (one kb and one 3sec stun is horrible for any class, even worse for a light armor)
    14. burst is weaker than most classes i.e. dt (vom), sin (bomb + death ww), ranger (taking the shot which is double of atg in dps parse it for proof in minigames), demo, conq (in frenzy), etc yes the barb has burst just not as much
    15. Takes for ever to give 5 torments and wreck armor 1 and 2 do no damage while a conq and most casters can land them really fast (including sin); I have to land five combos for the same thing as what conq can do in two or demo/sin can do even faster.
    16. no wreck effects (if barb had quick wreck I would be much happier but conqs get both)
    17. BARBS NEED REVAMP ASAP!!!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast