Thread: petition for guild oriented premades fix

Lightbulb petition for guild oriented premades fix

1. add same weapons and armor as t3, t3.5 and t4 pve but with pvp stats to buy for minigame tokens

2. you can buy them in guild cities. Guild rank has to be minimum 10 for t3, 15 for t3.5 and 20 for t4. Every week quest for guild: guild has to participate in minimum 30 premade games - if it is done - travelling pvp armor trader arrives to guild city and stays there till the end of the week - you can buy this items only from him.

imo pretty simple - would encourage guilds to participate in premades - would make it guild based content(atm lack of social pvp aspect) and would help to balance gap in pvp and pve armor. when unchained will come - it would be even better.

comment plz and sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    1. add same weapons and armor as t3, t3.5 and t4 pve but with pvp stats to buy for minigame tokens

2. you can buy them in guild cities. Guild rank has to be minimum 10 for t3, 15 for t3.5 and 20 for t4. Every week quest for guild: guild has to participate in minimum 30 premade games - if it is done - travelling pvp armor trader arrives to guild city and stays there till the end of the week - you can buy this items only from him.

imo pretty simple - would encourage guilds to participate in premades - would make it guild based content(atm lack of social pvp aspect) and would help to balance gap in pvp and pve armor. when unchained will come - it would be even better.

comment plz and sign.
    they are developing some sort of custumized pvp gear for unchained minigames gm wrote they are triyng to balance out the pvp gear for unchained minis.

i remember when bori came out and you needed bori tokens and minigame tokens a few guilds premade themselves to gain most tokens possible and ofc recruited massively to have lots members to zerg people out of bori for that.

should be some basic restrictions like minigame quest for guilds will only update if oposite team is made from other guilds exclusively, wich ofc would be possible to exploit with alts out of guild but still makes a bit harder at least.

if they are making some set just for unchained minigames and already they claimed that unchained might be only kind of minigames, i can only see this being relevant if quests provide essential materials for crafting pvp bonus potions or special items to use during pvp.

question is if all minigames become unchained how to give incentive to premade at all if gear is given by default?

stands pretty obvious to me that any intent at making people forced to use pvp gear, any integration of crafted armor/armor would just go against the intent of removing gear/aa's issue in pvp.

honestly i think simple pvp offensive quests against other guilds would prove better long term pvp incentive system for pvp.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    they are developing some sort of custumized pvp gear for unchained minigames gm wrote they are triyng to balance out the pvp gear for unchained minis.

i remember when bori came out and you needed bori tokens and minigame tokens a few guilds premade themselves to gain most tokens possible and ofc recruited massively to have lots members to zerg people out of bori for that.

should be some basic restrictions like minigame quest for guilds will only update if oposite team is made from other guilds exclusively, wich ofc would be possible to exploit with alts out of guild but still makes a bit harder at least.

if they are making some set just for unchained minigames and already they claimed that unchained might be only kind of minigames, i can only see this being relevant if quests provide essential materials for crafting pvp bonus potions or special items to use during pvp.

question is if all minigames become unchained how to give incentive to premade at all if gear is given by default?

stands pretty obvious to me that any intent at making people forced to use pvp gear, any integration of crafted armor/armor would just go against the intent of removing gear/aa's issue in pvp.

honestly i think simple pvp offensive quests against other guilds would prove better long term pvp incentive system for pvp.
    If players are forced to use say T2 or T3 pvp set then everyone will roll heavies, the pvp sets are bad all around for rogues/healers/ and casters. The only way to "balance" pvp gear is to remove all protection and pvp armour from the sets. They wont assign T3/T4 gear in mini games, so everyone better be ready to pick out their favorite heavy class and join Unchained minis when they come out!

Do not forget DA rangers ! They need a sword based on dext, before T4 they never had any real decent one. Tiger is a dumbed down version...
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    If players are forced to use say T2 or T3 pvp set then everyone will roll heavies, the pvp sets are bad all around for rogues/healers/ and casters. The only way to "balance" pvp gear is to remove all protection and pvp armour from the sets. They wont assign T3/T4 gear in mini games, so everyone better be ready to pick out their favorite heavy class and join Unchained minis when they come out!
    personaly i feel classes are optimal balance with soldiers/healers in current pvp t3 sets.
    rogues & mages with stats mixing t4 & 2 pvp t3 big pieces.

if you remove protection too much from pvp sets its age of caster and not aoc any more, if you dont have enough dps in pvp sets its age of soldier like it was before t4 was finished.
    honestly while playing necro in pvp i always cursed soldiers having too much protection, after playing dt quite a bit in pvp i sometimes feel i dont have enough protection .
    objectively the intended design for soldier/healer roles in group pvp is aligned with pvp t3 stats for soldiers & healers.
    pom/tos using t4 gear makes them realy unbearingly op while using pvp gear makes them more balanced.
    apart from conq who can pretty much use any crap gear they want given they are so op, guard&dt are very dependant on gear and especialy protection stat.

one of the key parts of what makes soldiers&healers so op in minigames is the amount of them in minigames, there is no balancing and people just join minis with flavor of the month conq or pom.
    if there is only 1 soldier/healer and rest is dps classes with 2 ranged 2 melee dps would be better, or even 2 soldier/healer and third member being the one missing meaning 2 soldier+1 healer, 2 healer + 1 soldier, rest team following same ballance 2 range+1 melee, 2 melee + 1 ranged.
    if a team has 6 soldiers its op if team has 6 healers and of wich 3 are using t4 gear its equaly op.

i think important part and on topic is if unchained is going to be only type of minigame in the future and gear/aa's is given, then how to give bonus to guilds taking the time to do tournament premades?

given they are working on achiements system, i think strait away that partaking in some number of tournament games would add you some banners beside your name for doing them.
    also would be interesting to have a weekly scoreboard where you could see a rating of guilds success in tournaments with banners to top 3 guilds added to guild tag similar to what happens to guilds top 3 renown.

even if a scoreboard cant be made soon the side banners by achievements to both your player name and to your guild name would be a start.

like opener sugests to make new weapons obtainable by pvp tournaments participation sounds cool if and only if you can use default pvp armor in minigames but choose your weapons.

but that is denying strait away the whole point of unchained minigames given most important stat for melee is base weapon damage and if you can choose your own weapons and have access to better and progressing weapons its same we have now;
    where for example a bs with t4 blunt is twice more deadly then a pvp blunt geared bs, even if both use same armor the base weapon damage stat has that realy heavy burden on dps for generaly all melee classes.

i think opener is spot on with starting this thread, it something people should discuss, how to reward guild organizing and participating in premades.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Do not forget DA rangers ! They need a sword based on dext, before T4 they never had any real decent one. Tiger is a dumbed down version...
    problem there isnt the dexterity its the base weapon damage.
    ranger like the melee rely on weapon damage multiplier buffs wich in turn rely on base weapon damage to make it count.

there are a few classes wich hide actualy 2 classes like polearm guard vs s&s guard
    talisman light armor dt vs sword&shield heavy armor dt
    would be nice if those particular classes and other classes when joining could have at least 2 difernt choises of gear reflecting this.
    while tsw offers 3 sets one for healing another for tanking and anoter for dps, i have a hard trouble seeing this in aoc its worlds apart distance with the class system agglomerating more classes then just 12.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    like opener sugests to make new weapons obtainable by pvp tournaments participation sounds cool if and only if you can use default pvp armor in minigames but choose your weapons.

but that is denying strait away the whole point of unchained minigames given most important stat for melee is base weapon damage and if you can choose your own weapons and have access to better and progressing weapons its same we have now;
    not really, I would be more than happy to get weapon with similiar stats as t3 pve or better by pvping even if I would only be able to use it in duels, open world or occasionaly in 'chained' minis which I most probably wont be participating in Or even just to look at new shiny piece of gear as a proof of another achievement
    collecting minigame tokens by winning unchained minis, getting opportunity to spend them on new shiny parts because my guild is attending premades that would be really good reason for every pvp guild to organize games.

Signed op's idea 100%, if and only if the sets they make are balanced per class correctly
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Unchained PvP is the new minigame mode that I have mentioned in the past where we are aiming to even out the stats for all classes and make skill be the deciding factor over gear. It’s an ambitious undertaking, trying to put the classes on an even keel, and it seems likely that we will have to choose a single ruleset to enable with this feature first. Chip in on the forums and let us know which ruleset you think we should begin with!
    this is what he wrote.
    they are making aparently new gear just for unchained minigames, and the way i interpret it they will need to enforce this system on a particular server.
    so what i read is that server will have only unchained minigames mode.
    i guess its going to hit fury first given blood and glory has such low population and i guess will even loose a few more with free transfers.

contradiction is they are making this new unchained mode with unchained pvp gear and at same time crafting revamp wich was announced players will drop resources to be able to craft pvp gear.

one way to breach this contradiction would be the resources drop not from players alone but from unchained minigames and tournament mode rewards wich hasnt even been mentioned at all what will happen to it or even if playing with friends will be allowed again in unchained minis.
    stands to me clear no tournament mode and just old sign up system would suffice to have real competitive pvp again, despite long term a tournament mode with weekly scoreboard would be better.

would be sort of mid term solution to have pvp weapons craftable via player dropped resources to encourage world pvp and tournament mode premades or if tournament mode is droped and people can join with friends again in minis then winning those minigames should grant like sugested resources to craft good pvp weapons.
    and have only pvp weapons craftable while pvp gear remain uncraftable.
    also this would bridge the contradiction and the huge amount of people who enjoy the "grind" to get better kind of thing while lvling up the play field with enforced pvp armor on all.

problem i see there is base weapon damage on crafted weapons shouldnt be too high to make melee classes too powerfull when using those weapons, but rather have other custumizable stats like health tap crit rating/hit rating evade and stuff like in amounts able to work well with classes and feat builds.
    Last edited by noite80; 23rd September 2013 at 17:56.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post

2. you can buy them in guild cities. Guild rank has to be minimum 10 for t3, 15 for t3.5 and 20 for t4. Every week quest for guild: guild has to participate in minimum 30 premade games -
    What about those guilds that are smaller and far away from rankings 10 and above? They are food for the rest of t4 nabs.