Thread: Why is guild membership limited to PVE activities??

Default Why is guild membership limited to PVE activities??

As the title says atm the being part of a guild is very much limited to PVE activities (Raids + some instances from time to time)leaving PVP almost entirelly out of it.

As a casual player when i join a guild i want to be a part of it, socialize and support my guildies in every way possible(this goes the other way too) and place my contribution to the legacy of it.

In PvP right now which is sadly 90%minigames many times we find guild members on the other side. Why is that? This alone messes up the balance in mini as noone really wants to hunt down a guildie.

Really whats the point of being in a guild today PVP wise?

Premade option has failed anyway I propose guildies are put together at the start of a minigame at least so hate and therefore PvP starts developing like the old days. We need to take a step forward from this senseless minigames of today

back in the day pvp was a much bigger part of the guilds.
    I remember we had our own pvp team, pvp officer, ppl doing pvp day and nite. Its just no point anymore cuz of the endless whining and arguments following the pvp`ers. Ppl just dont want to have anything to do with it, thats the sad fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Thainster View Post
    back in the day pvp was a much bigger part of the guilds.
    I remember we had our own pvp team, pvp officer, ppl doing pvp day and nite. Its just no point anymore cuz of the endless whining and arguments following the pvp`ers. Ppl just dont want to have anything to do with it, thats the sad fact.
    I think the point is that there is NOTHING to fight for. I mean PvE is for gear, AA, it is all about progression and progressing with guild is just easier and more fun (probably, I don't have clue a about PvE ).

When it comes to PvP...well, imagine that you would be still doing (since launch) t1, part of t2 and dungeons like Onyx or Atzel's. It might get boring after while.

PvP needs just a little more stimulation, you can't expect people to be excited about PvP when everything is so static these days. AoC allows solo PvPers to get as much as groups (and even more sometimes), so only vets remember that there were pure PvP guilds, PvP teams, PvP officers etc. back than.

Why wouldn't you want to hunt down guildies? My philosophy (if I do a siege or a minigame) is that the other team is there to kill me, and they want to be attacked, so if its a guildie they are fair game in pvp.

I wouldn't go after them any more than anyone else on the other team, though...unless they make fun of my yorkie.

I have spilled my guts about pvp and lack of its social element here:

http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2011/...by-design.html
    http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2012/...00-served.html

if someone want to take time to read it he might find that we are sharing many things in common.

Yes, old minigames had farming and premades, but it also had beer filled, ventrillo powered awesome pvp mayhem with your guildies and friends. I MISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs that SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. Epic guild vs guild premades..or just grabing 1-2 friends and jumping into minis...My friends list was jam packed with people and I always had someone wanting to join me for minis.

Now I can "enjoy" kinda balanced minigames, with strangers that are ready to call everyone a retard or gay as soon as even smallest thing goes wrong. And all that for people that want to be casual about pvp. Somehow it was ok to butcher hardcore pvp but PVE is getting increasingly harder and harder so few PVE snobs can get their share of fun (as shown in Dragons Spine..).

Pretty much this is the only Sillirion's sin that I can't forgive. Removing social aspect from MMO conent is just plain dumb.
    Retired

I think guild pvp can still matter in the open world setting but that's about it.