Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Social Armor in Item Shop: Unlock fee?

Quote Originally Posted by Anwen View Post
    I don't see the option to unlock anything? Anyone care to share a screenshot? Did they remove it? I have bought quite a few things and will be really disappointed if I have to pay another fee at this point to have unlimited claims on them.
    The options shown depend on your funcom points amount, too.

For example, if you check a social armor costing 150 points to buy and 200 to unlock:
    It will show "buy funcom points" if you have less than 150 points, only the buy option, if you have 150 to 199 points and both options, if you have more than 200.

But be aware, that the option to unlock is only available for social gear for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    The options shown depend on your funcom points amount, too.

For example, if you check a social armor costing 150 points to buy and 200 to unlock:
    It will show "buy funcom points" if you have less than 150 points, only the buy option, if you have 150 to 199 points and both options, if you have more than 200.

But be aware, that the option to unlock is only available for social gear for now.

Thank you very much for this explanation. Exactly what I wanted to know.

Angry Caveat Emptor!

Just a quick note of warning:

I bought a couple of pieces of social armor, and received them in unlimited claim form as well as in my inventory.
    I also bought the "Twisted Darkness" pack, but these items went straight into my inventory and filled it up. The leftovers are in my claims, but they are single claim only.

I find this to be vastly irritating, since the Acheronian Bloodtyrant armor is not available in pieces, and now that I spent the 2k points to unlock it, it is single claim only.

Funcom, straighten out your cash store. Maybe specify which items are single claim only vs others that are unlimited claim.

Angry

Here's an interesting update:

The "Twisted Darkness" pack is an unlimited claim on a second character, rather than a single claim.

This is severely messed up.

Even crazier update:
    Re-logged my original character and found that I now have the unlimited claims, but the pieces that were left over from the original purchase are still in the claim section, too. So, for two of the pieces, I have unlimited claims +1.

This is freaky weird.

They just kept the normal process and added the accountwide on top. This looked weird to me first, but it just means you have to relog the char you bought from to see the new claims.
    But i tested it now on several chars and it works and as long as you get them accountwide, it is fine.

Yeah. It was just massively confusing at the time. I'm glad they've added this, but wish there was better communication as to how it operates.

Maybe some cash shop FAQs are in order.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123