Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why oh why no instant WoC?

Default Why oh why no instant WoC?

Why oh why did they change Word of Command to 0.5 seconds cast? I feel more and more that the extra time to stop and cast it is just not worth it in PvP, because so many things can happen to you in that brief time... this is a HUGE nerf and of all things this happened to the HoX!

Why FunCom... WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME!!!!!!

It's been like this for at least two, if not three, years. Everyone agrees with you. Ranger traps should be .5, not hox woc, but this is FUncom...

Ranger traps are O.5 too until they are effective.

Seems pointless to compare to ranger traps as they are dropped and a player walks into them.

HoX class really needs to be looked at by funcom, sure a revamp was on the cards at some point in time.

But WOC should be made instant and would not require all that much work from funcom, same for EOX. 5 points in that on the AA should make it instant.

I remember when the change was introduced and felt that it was for good. Now, you have to coordinate your movement and time your CCs. Before that, you could keep running and rooting, which was not fair at all.

I love how it is now!

What needs revamping is not the HoX, but the Conqueror!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

HoX needs quite a few changes, but definitely not a revamp...ranger boring...no thanks
    Artreborn - HoX FOREVER!!!
    PvP 6 - 8k+ Kills/2.5k+ deaths, Suicide Style!

Giving up PVP took so much stress off stuff like this. Sad but true.

Now half of my wishlist stuff is cosmetic or just-because-it'd-be-cool.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Hox dont need istant WoC, and dont need revamp, he needs only small change reduce come cooldowns (avatar and phoenix cloack), remove debuffs from buffs and get some small heal ability
    Solmhyr- new style of HoX play.

Edit by Aghora - quoted post removed

Well but hes right. instant abilities and instant CC are destroying PvP and gimping down classes. Timing your stuff is skillbased, spamming instants is not.
    Last edited by Aghora; 21st September 2013 at 15:40.

Quote Originally Posted by elkornasso View Post
    Hox dont need istant WoC, and dont need revamp, he needs only small change reduce come cooldowns (avatar and phoenix cloack), remove debuffs from buffs and get some small heal ability
    Text below is biased to PvE.

Agree. HoX is fine. Just need a small adjustment to be on par with other mages and melee dps without gimping utility of the class. To achieve same strawman dps, HoX has to sacrifice more utility than the rogues and other mages (silence, selfres, stun - no room for it).

HoX goes for being the most useless and worst dps class in game, because of many casuals taking on perhaps the most difficult class to master, without taking the time to learn and having the will to improve.

The two other mages, barbs and sins do more damage in the hands of an "average joe". I think a few HoXes actually are quite good, and some are nagging and qqing about it because they want to be there when the revamp comes and makes it OP and say "hey I played this before it was FOTM". The problem with this class is all the hipsters playing it. The good ones beat most other dps classes on parser in most fights where they have a fair chance to do so (read: longer dps window and time to get HoX stuff going).

The HoX could use a similar adjustment like the ToS got. Move skills a bit around the feat trees, and remove stuff that nobody use. But remember that other classes have sucky feats too.

Necro? Yeah don't have to say very much there do I... Can you spell "B" "R" "O" "K" "E" "N" feat trees and "U" "S" "E" "L" "E" "S" "S" spells?
    Demo? Seen many conflag / gen Demos lately?
    Barbs? Zerker barbs can't dream of competing with a Reaver on dps...
    Sins? There is only 2 ways to spec and the best is Lotus Overdose.

But the common thing of these four "main competitors" of the HoX is that hey have a choice of a feat point or two to make a useful skill fit into their build. HoX has all usefulness at the bottom of the trees, so making a good hybrid build with utility and full dps can not be done without sacrifice of either one to a certain degree.

If Funcom would desire to do any alterations to the HoX, please do not change it into a Ranger type where you need a quarter of a Stegosaurus brain to operate it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast