Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Lag Has Increased

Tried to pvp with bar yesterday and it was impossible. I would hit combo only to find out that target is not even there. i see so much teleporting and game is twichy... horrible
    something need to be done about this, in some minis i feel like i have to guess where target will be.
    On the other hand some minis go fine but still not very enjoyable with 200+ ms

I have noticed much more lag between times I log in... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Iomhair View Post
    Strange. For me it still is between 120 and 150.
    same here, I have the same latency as in TSW now, which is fine.

I don't have problems. We had a few red bar tuesday during a raid, beside this, nothing special that worth mentioning.

The lag is back today again! +80ms to the usual value. (Up to 19:00CET)

Update: 45 minutes later.. The lag is gone. (It is not an ISP problem) (19:48).

Update: 6 minutes later... The lag is back again!
    (19:54).

Update: 3 minutes later... The lag appeared again.

What is going on with your servers?! Fix them!!!

I also had the community server crashing so that I got Coward's Shame amidst a minigame without leaving it.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 24th September 2013 at 17:58.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

One "positive" feature of the new engine should have been that they could mix/fix/mess with content without shutting down servers. Maybe it is maintenance work in the background?

(like nowadays in shops, when you get people in your way and who block the sight and path to the goods, because they sort and pack in goods while shop is open and in rush hours)

Summary of past days:
    - 3 out of 6 Jhebbals crashed, 1 with cowards shame and no rejoin
    - every fight there is at least one weird happening (animations skipped, freeze, wake up dead, rubberbanding, sped up people, teleports, 10s 0% health on enemy and people knocked back, while your already dead)
    -on 200ms average, game freezes at least once per char, when some player does something nearby (no LoS needed)

Come on...it is not some third party bottleneck, if you can reproduce it and can link it to typical engine behaviour! On the positive side, then there is a chance for funcom to fix a bit. Though you can't expect wonders due to physics (the management decision to keep one server type for the whole world with an engine designed for low latency distributed servers).

One note is, that usually you freeze and when you can move again, you get the red lag shown and maybe a speed buff. But during freeze the lag-o-meter shows green.

Also i get lots of fps reductions due to some background loading probably (mainly in khitai cities, all packages SHOULD be downloaded).

We should make a log, including different types of weirds and the location and situation they happen in (like being rubberbanded back after a sneak attack just to be hit by something that should not have spotted you even, because per definition you should have been in hide..., during minigame, first login, two area transitions before) etc..
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 25th September 2013 at 18:03.

Lol mine sits at 270.....and peeps complain about 150??....pffft 1st world problems huh
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

my latency increasd from 168 ms to 498 ms :/ I play some other online games but none of them has this high latency. what have you done in this last week? :/

damn...so my pc probably broke at exactly the right time hope they fix stability issues before I come back
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Bring back the server to EU. Most players are from Eu/Ru, why should we suffer this hamburger lag?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast