Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why oh why no instant WoC?

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Ruhenous, rangers, DTs, PoMs, other HoXes (with feated "useless feats" above) etc. can suck my mana out fast in PVP.
    When i play ranger, dt or hox i rather kill other hoxes quick than try to drain their mana.
    Beside if you solo focus dt with Coi on you know you will lose mana and you will die soon if he is any good

@Topic: Since root can actually be considered to be one of the weakest CC (for non-Hoxes) at the moment - why would you need WoC to be instant? If you're not having much attention by the enemies you can cast it anyway.
    If you do have their attention then just move away from them for a bit by running or jumping and then start casting it - most ppl will run into it anyway to get back to you. Works for other CC too, or do you just stand there casting them while other melees slash you?

Ruhenous, rangers, DTs, PoMs, other HoXes (with feated "useless feats" above) etc. can suck my mana out fast in PVP.
    Still draining mana with feated BaSW is just efficient on DTs, HoXes and the rest is pretty much situation-based as most other classes have way too high mana-pools for that to be useful.
    Using it on Hoxes also is situational, in most cases you'll be ending up killing them before you consider that an option.
    On the other hand i couldn't think of other, more useful feats to get down the Tree for an Avatar-PvP-Build.
    3-step combos in PVP are viable for HoX too (I use two of those).
    So u use BTD6 and HS6? I think there's little need for more slow Combos, as PoiF is already quite slow (but fair for range/damage). I use BTD6 too, but that's highly situational.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 26th September 2013 at 09:17.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

I would think using the highest rank of BtD is of importance, because the dot has lower damage on lower ranks of the combo. If you land it, and you got Spreading Flames, thats quite a lot of damage. As for HS6, the combined combo damage of all hits will be higher, thus the chance of getting a fatality on a lower health opponent will be higher too, because you might get a fatality when he is at 30% hp and not 20%.

True, the problem of having to execute a slow-animated combo with 3 steps leaves plenty of room for an enemy to cc you while you execute it. So it's situational use, not common use.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

I agree about btd6 it is situational combo, but good thing is you can just preload it and hit finisher on someone. If you are in demon form with all bufs up and hit it on debufed target using Prince of terror it is huge dmg that is sometimes worth the risk. But rank 4 and 3 are what i usually use

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I agree about btd6 it is situational combo, but good thing is you can just preload it and hit finisher on someone. If you are in demon form with all bufs up and hit it on debufed target using Prince of terror it is huge dmg that is sometimes worth the risk. But rank 4 and 3 are what i usually use
    Yea, I generally use rank 3 and 4 as well. I will sometimes use 6, but only if I think I can get it off safely.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234