Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mail Issue, only on onr character!

It's not a bug. It's negligence. This only affects character transfers. If it takes under a minute to fix the problem per transfer then every character transfer should take no more than 1 minute longer to complete.

It simply shouldn't be occurring any longer. Why wait until someone has an unhappy incident and then fix it when you can just fix it in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    So your mail is going to some other guy that changed his name or had your name and was forced to change it at the merge. I'm guessing each character has an ID and these are getting mixed up with the duplication at the server merge.

Let me know if I'm right. I like to gloat.
    Muhahahaa.
    As a coder, I agree partially on your 'solution'

The characters most likely dont have a dumb key ID as you suggest, but is solely identified on the name domain. The issue arisen due to the merge sort of enforce my suspision that those characters with similar identification, who have not yet renamed are choking the system, up as it does it query;

Select * from characters where name = "yourRecipant", and the system then ends up with more than one yourRecipant. Utterly failing to handle whats expected, but at least they encapsulated it so that the table and domain names arent sent to the users.

The good thing, should be that no one in the recieving end, at all, ought to be able to 'pluck' the items. So just /petition the GM's and it will be fixed. Had that done to 6 of my characters, and it was a pleasure to chit chat with the GM's

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    It's not a bug. It's negligence.
    To some extent I have to agree as well, as this ought to be fixable for all characters on a server by running a batch script targeting the issue.
    Last edited by Svartholtr; 27th September 2013 at 07:45.

I have the same problem, GM had a look at it but did not fix anything. :P
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Quote Originally Posted by pekka View Post
    I have the same problem, GM had a look at it but did not fix anything. :P
    Repetition it, better still go through live chat and get another GM.
    That's all I can suggest there.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12