Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Spellweaving

Default Guide to Spellweaving

Hello,

I have been looking for a guide to spellweaving but the only info i found is from wikia or old 2008 forum posts that refer to a system that is not in use currently.

Our spellweaving system calls upon the caster to effectively weave an intricate series of incantations and spells into one final spell that can be unleashed to smite their enemies or aid their allies. It could be as short as weaving two simple spells together to boost their effect through to the fine art of combining up to twenty spells into a devastating blend of mystical power.
    However, what i noticed is that the boosting effects bar that we can choose from spellweaving do not pop at regular intervals. Sometimes they follow very fast each other, allowing you to run simultaneously 3-4 boosting effects, sometimes they pop very slowly.
    Is this random or part of the mechanics ? Is it controlable with a certain rotation on the choice of boosting effects ? Is there any uptodate guide to spellweaving?

Thanks a lot!

while some sw buffs are comon to some classes most are specific to each class, check particular class forums and most likely someone did it there.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Though i agree to that suggestion and actually did search the PoM forums, i have a specific question that is cross-classes, i.e. the mechanics of the spellweaving bar itself. How does it trigger?

I am not quite sure. It seems like it is 100% chance of trigging it when your stack increases. Sometimes you get to click it straight away when you click spellweaving, but not often. And sometimes you get two clicks. Have not found a system in this though.

at around lvl 50 magic based classes all get a new ability called sw, i dont know the exact numbers at low lvl's but its power is mostly relevant for raids to increase bonus dps gain.
    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5369/xtha.jpg
    stack 6 at left and stack 1 at right.

hidden is that base spell damage keeps stacking to around 12 stacks or something, not sure if the other efects keep growing as well.

you can choose 5 diferent buffs
    http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2739/8bo1.jpg

and you can get a few negative debuffs on yourself
    http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7830/erbs.jpg

ether drain and frailty stack up to 5 linearly increasing each stack same amount
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Thanks for the help and dedicated time to provide with some info.
    I also noticed something that seems like a 100% chance of trigging the boosting spells bar when the SW stack increases. But it is also triggered in between, somehow.

Added chance on hit effect: Spellweaving on self
    6 proc per minute on Cleansing fire, condemnation, Lance, Litany, Rebuke, Smite/14% on MSE.
    Is this what would trigger it? This is not yet very clear

Quote Originally Posted by Gevlya View Post
    Is this what would trigger it? This is not yet very clear
    I think you are correct in assuming this.

I haven't found Spellweaving to be particularly useful as a Demo. While the visual effects are interesting to watch, the damage increase and other effects it provides don't seen to be the equal of the penalties, immobility, time to get it running, and the fact that if you actually do increase your damage output against anything you might actually use this against, you end up being the primary target, and thus dead in short order (the penalties of SW make this happen faster than it otherwise would, it seems). Seems like in most battles, you don't need it, and in the battles where you would need it, using it results in suicide.

Has anyone found SW to be usable without it being a death-sentence, and/or worth actually put into their battle strategy? If so, is the boost in offensive damage worth the penalties?

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    while some sw buffs are comon to some classes most are specific to each class, check particular class forums and most likely someone did it there.
    Unfortunately, a lot of the advice and class guides that used to be on the Forums have been lost with the mergers, and even then the changes to the game made some parts no longer true. The class Forums now tend to be written by people who already read the old threads years ago and don't have much incentive to rewrite guides for new players in the current system (kudos to those who have, though!).

Instead, most of what I see on the Forums are discussions about end-game builds and suggestions for class changes. Not much discussion on AAs, where each Class ability/spell fits into the game, or how things like Spellweaving work (and when they should be used) seem to be posted anymore.
    Last edited by Urzra; 18th September 2013 at 22:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Urzra View Post
    I haven't found Spellweaving to be particularly useful as a Demo. While the visual effects are interesting to watch, the damage increase and other effects it provides don't seen to be the equal of the penalties, immobility, time to get it running, and the fact that if you actually do increase your damage output against anything you might actually use this against, you end up being the primary target, and thus dead in short order (the penalties of SW make this happen faster than it otherwise would, it seems). Seems like in most battles, you don't need it, and in the battles where you would need it, using it results in suicide.

Has anyone found SW to be usable without it being a death-sentence, and/or worth actually put into their battle strategy? If so, is the boost in offensive damage worth the penalties?
    demo has worst tradeoff from sw im afraid all other classes seem to fair better.
    but your perspective is very off despite a bit more negative efects to demos sw it still efficiently boosts your dps as intended, you might need some tips from an experienced demo or something but personaly i use sw almost every boss fight in raids on my demo, i dont play it often enough(dull class for me), but i see in every pve circumstance demos sw all the time and doing quite good.
    in pvp i only see good demos sw in sieges; in minigame and open world no one that does it.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast